Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I'm wondering how will those people travel to Canada who don't have Canada-approved vaccines available in their countries? Is IRCC going to look at the availability of the approved vaccine before issuing PPR? Will this be used as an excuse to hold back PPR?

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Did he specifically say this?
Yes. He said usually when they change the pattern of ITAs, like they did this week, it means they are planning something big. He said it’s a speculation, but feels certain it will be an all program draw next.

Reactions: RSub

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Curious too. I doubt he said that
I posted the video so you could go and see it. Yes, he said it and he said No programs specific draws may resume. This is the first time he said it in a long time. He usually says "No, I don't think we will have an all-program draw soon. We will continue to see CEC draws." But, today he never talked about CEC draws. Watch it from 14.22 where he says about the draw and watch from 12.00 for the background.

Reactions: Alysson

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Yes. He said usually when they change the pattern of ITAs, like they did this week, it means they are planning something big. He said it’s a speculation, but feels certain it will be an all program draw next.
People were asking about if it’s an indication for new TR to PR and he said he doubt it, because most streams from the previous one is still open. He fully expects the new change to be all program draw, especially with them releasing their certainty for borders opening. He said VOs are issuing COPRs already, but since most VOs abroad aren’t in the same situation as Canada, this makes it difficult, because they aren’t fully staffed and unlike inland that you can do virtual landings, Outland needs to physically stamp visas and that takes time and staff.

Reactions: Tristan-XI and RSub

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I'm wondering how will those people travel to Canada who don't have Canada-approved vaccines available in their countries? Is IRCC going to look at the availability of the approved vaccine before issuing PPR? Will this be used as an excuse to hold back PPR?
I don't think they gonna allow people who don't have approved vaccines. This is why I updated my vaccine card so that they know I am eligible. If you have the eligible vaccine, better upload (THRU WEB FORM) ASAP.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
People were asking about if it’s an indication for new TR to PR and he said he doubt it, because most streams from the previous one is still open. He fully expects the new change to be all program draw, especially with them releasing their certainty for borders opening. He said VOs are issuing COPRs already, but since most VOs abroad aren’t in the same situation as Canada, this makes it difficult, because they aren’t fully staffed and unlike inland that you can do virtual landings, Outland needs to physically stamp visas and that takes time and staff.
Are COPRs issued by the primary VO or the local VO? Moreover, I also believe that most staff in VOs in Canada are still working from home. I am wondering if that further delays COPR issuance for Outlanders.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Are COPRs issued by the primary VO or the local VO? Moreover, I also believe that most staff in VOs in Canada are still working from home. I am wondering if that further delays COPR issuance for Outlanders.
I think COPR are usually issued by the local VO. Inland VOs probably have more demand as well. There are several other processes they do inland. I just hope they start moving faster.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
I think COPR are usually issued by the local VO. Inland VOs probably have more demand as well. There are several other processes they do inland. I just hope they start moving faster.
Oh I had thought its the primary VO. Hope things move faster with regards to finalization now.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I don't think they gonna allow people who don't have approved vaccines. This is why I updated my vaccine card so that they know I am eligible. If you have the eligible vaccine, better upload (THRU WEB FORM) ASAP.
Providing vaccination proof via webform really works?

sixtyby3

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
One more service they could offer is vaccination shots with PPR. Call it Vaccine PPR. :)

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Kubeir said that it doesn't work at all... but again, it's just a consultant.
Technically it shouldn't because PR applications should be approved regardless of vaccination status. I am sure a few of the expired 23000 COPR holders have taken unapproved vaccines.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
One more service they could offer is vaccination shots with PPR. Call it Vaccine PPR. :)
In my country, Canada approved vaccines are administered only for travel purposes. I have to have a PPR to get the free vaccine jab otherwise it costs money to do it privately.