+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<FSW Outland - June & July 2017 AOR - Lets Connect Here>>>>>

d4dpk.rajput

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
The anatomy of a standard application is as follows:

1. Enter the EE pool.

2. Receive the ITA.

3. File application and supporting documents.

4. AoR - Automatically acknowledged, usually on the same day as submission.

5. The first step is to check for completeness. This usually triggers the application review "IN PROGRESS." This is done at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

6. Next stage is the R10 review. This is the first stringent check of the application against the EE profile you created. The Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations imposes a strict liability on the applicants to account for all documents uploaded, satisfy what was stated in the EE profile, and ensure that there are no gaps. If you do not provide the documents or they are filed incorrectly, your application can be rejected due to the strict liability on the applicant under this regulation. However, a lot depends on the agent reviewing the file. Under the R 10 review your IELTS, ECA are checked against the websites to ascertain that there is no misrepresentation. (R10 review is done within the 1-3 months of filing the application). If an applicant's age has changed from EE profile to ITA, then the same is recorded and his score determined. There is an exception clause for when the age changes, it keeps the CRS score intact. This is also done at the CIO level. Most of the applications are rejected here because they are incomplete.

7. At the R10 review, if you have any documents missing, the application is rejected, or more time is given to file the document if there is a Letter of Explanation (LoE). It largely depends on the agent reviewing it. Some are brutal and will reject the application even for a minor error.

8. Usually, by this stage, the medicals are also passed. Recently some applicants received request to re-access their medicals when the file reached the Local Visa Office (LVO). I have a theory for this, but in most cases, once the medicals are passed, they are good until the final review stage. The applicants who received a reassesment for the medicals could be because of two reasons:
a. The doctor or the facility which examined them had a complaint against it, or the CIC found something fishy about how things were being conducted there; or
b. The medicals did not disclose the required parameters, or the applicant had an underlying medical issue, which the CIC wanted to get re-assessed.

8. Now the next stage is to determine eligibility, i.e. whether the application meets the program prerequisites under which it is filed. For FSW, your experience, letters of reference, education, etc are in order. For the PNP, FSW and your nomination is present, for CEC, your Canadian experience is on file. And, so on so forth for the other categories. The objective here is to review whether you meet the program threshold and what you claim is correct. If there is any suspicion, or things don't sound good, the agent can send your application for further review. Which includes an interview, extra doc request etc. If the applicant meets the requirements, and his score is over the cut off for the ITA she received, his eligibility is passed. If there are issues, they will be addressed. This usually happens at the LVO. This stage happens when the application is usually 4-5 months into the process. At this stage, if the eligibility is met, the chances of refusal considerably go down, unless there is a criminal history. However, if your score goes down due to CIC not acknowledging your experience, NOC and reference letters not matching, or a change in age, the application is rejected.

9. As soon as the eligibility is met, next comes the security and criminality (or background check). Usually the criminality is met through the Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) uploaded with the application. If the applicant has been to a country which is suspicious, or your travel history does show frequent visits to a country without any explanation, the same are recorded and evaluated. If things look good, your criminality is passed. A lot of applicants receive a request for Schedule A at this stage to ensure no gap time is present and the history is clear.

10. The last and the final stage is the security. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), International Police (INTERPOL), Criminal Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here. Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, past law enforcement or military record, Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the case goes into a 'spin'. Then the file might go to the local Police/intelligence agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over within 1-2 months. However, a point to be noted is that the applicant can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. For some people the security has a quick turn around. But in the last two weeks a lot of applicants are stuck at this stage.

11. At the final review, when the security results come in, the PPR is issued.
Tell us about PNP outland

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Tell us about PNP outland
Sadly, as per current trends its taking 100-120 days post AOR for PNP applicants to pass medicals alone. So whenever there is any update of May, June, July PNP applicant, I will update here.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
I am happy to read that you have got PPR within the same band u were hoping to get IP2.
Hoping my own application too will adopt your speed. Congratulations
Thank you so much @LEOVINCI:) It was a brilliant surprise from CIC:D
They have really sped up the process, you guys are also in for such lovely surprises, i am rooting for all of you. Wish you all the Luck and Godspeed:)

Reactions: KiranK and LEOVINCI

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
@gurik
Great News Gurik. Many Congratulations. You must be one of the fastest on this forum to receive PPR.
Wish the same for rest of us too.
Thank you so much @Scorpman21 :)
I also hope this brilliant speed for all you guys!
The fastest that i have seen was in January 51 days, but I think we will see decreased processing times now as CIC has sped up the process!

_Leandro_

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Hi guys,
AOR Jun 22 here
Until yesterday my status was:
Medical: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
UCI number not populated
BG: NA

Today:
Medical: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
UCI number populated
BG: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Is it the regular process? Am I at IP1 or not until medical passed?
Thanks

Reactions: gurik

honeybee08

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Hi guys, I've been checking my BG Status daily since getting the medical passed but until now it says NA. I have only been checking after receiving the medical status. I barely checked prior to that.
Can someone advise whether this is more likely an NA2 or still NA1? I'm not sure whether the ADR has put my BG on-hold that's why it's NA..
June 9-AOR
July 9 - Medical Passed
July 10 - ADR
July 13 - Submitted ADR
July 15 - ADR uploaded

Rravindran

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
AOR Received.
19-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
25-08-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

AOR: 19/06/17
Medicals passed 12/07/17
BG: changed to : In progress and that they have not started the BG check: 12/07/17
Documents: Are reviewed : 12/07/17

Anyone who went through a similar situation... Please advise the next change I could expect.... Reading all the forum, this certainly ain't IP1 .....Right ?

harinderpal

May 25, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
congratulations @gurik and @KiranK you are next..need some expert advice from you guys ..my AOR -21 june , meds cleared-14 july,, since then BG- in process,, what's next .. what's your opinion on the time it will take till ppr from now

Reactions: KiranK and gurik

karens

Jul 15, 2017
Hi @KiranK, @Baahubali, @astralsource & @gurik ,

Please can I have couple of mins of your time.

FSW-O / IELTS - CLB 10 / CRS - 430
AOR - 08 June 2017 / Meds Pass - 10 July 2017

I do not have access to myCIC since am going through a consultancy. I call the CIC and listen to the Automated Message to get my Status update.

Please find my status below, and help me on what Status I am on right now (IP1 or NA or IP2):-

1) If we need more info. from you or once the final decision has been made, we will contact you.
2) Medical Status - Passed
3) Eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
4) Documents - The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. (I have provided LoE and its related documents during my e-APR submission)
5) Interview - You do not need an Interview.
6) Fingerprints - We do not need your fingerprints at this time.

I did not hear anything about my BGC on the CIC Automated Message, so I am assuming BGC is in NA. I have no travel history whatsoever (I am a UK citizen).

Could you please tell me if my Application is in IP1 or IP2 status. Much appreciated guys.

Last edited:

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Medicals passed 12/07/17
BG: changed to : In progress and that they have not started the BG check: 12/07/17

Anyone who went through a similar situation... Please advise the next change I could expect.... Reading all the forum, this certainly ain't IP1 .....Right ?
You are at IP1. Next change will be to NA within 2 weeks.

Reactions: astralsource

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017

Medicals passed 12/07/17

IP1!

Reactions: KiranK

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
Hi guys,
AOR Jun 22 here
Is it the regular process? Am I at IP1 or not until medical passed?
Thanks
With Cic, nothing is regular. There is no set pattern. Though the wordings of your BG is what most have in IP2, but given your AOR date and UCI just generated, you are at IP1. You would surely see Meds Passed in max 24 hours.