<<<<<FSW Outland - June & July 2017 AOR - Lets Connect Here>>>>>

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hello everyone,
I am a May end AOR applicant.
FSW-O have different timelines then other streams and threads become clouded by CEC applicant's fast processing rates, so for a realistic timeline I am starting this thread so that we can all keep each other posted about our file progress. As per current trends its taking 62-65 days for FSW-O to pass medicals and enter IP 1 stage. I request all AOR May, June and future July applicants to Please Join and share timelines.

Karan22

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
H
Hello everyone,
I am a May end AOR applicant.
FSW-O have different timelines then other streams and threads become clouded by CEC applicant's fast processing rates, so for a realistic timeline I am starting this thread so that we can all keep each other posted about our file progress. As per current trends its taking 62-65 days for FSW-O to pass medicals and enter IP 1 stage. I request all AOR May, June and future July applicants to Please Join and share timelines.
Hi, good initiative.
I am AOR June 16th, lets all keep each other posted.

Reactions: KiranK

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi, good initiative.
I am AOR June 16th, lets all keep each other posted.
Thank you,
I would like to quote a very useful post by a very helpful and expert member (@legalfalcon), here, to give detailed information of processing of our files. Thank you @legalfalcon for this detailed and yet succinct information.

I have shared this in the past and wanted to put it here for your benefit. Hope you find it useful:

The anatomy of a standard application is as follows:

1. Enter the EE pool.

2. Receive the ITA.

3. File application and supporting documents.

4. AoR - Automatically acknowledged, usually on the same day as submission.

5. The first step is to check for completeness. This usually triggers the application review "IN PROGRESS." This is done at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

6. Next stage is the R10 review. This is the first stringent check of the application against the EE profile you created. The Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations imposes a strict liability on the applicants to account for all documents uploaded, satisfy what was stated in the EE profile, and ensure that there are no gaps. If you do not provide the documents or they are filed incorrectly, your application can be rejected due to the strict liability on the applicant under this regulation. However, a lot depends on the agent reviewing the file. Under the R 10 review your IELTS, ECA are checked against the websites to ascertain that there is no misrepresentation. (R10 review is done within the 1-3 months of filing the application). If an applicant's age has changed from EE profile to ITA, then the same is recorded and his score determined. There is an exception clause for when the age changes, it keeps the CRS score intact. This is also done at the CIO level. Most of the applications are rejected here because they are incomplete.

7. At the R10 review, if you have any documents missing, the application is rejected, or more time is given to file the document if there is a Letter of Explanation (LoE). It largely depends on the agent reviewing it. Some are brutal and will reject the application even for a minor error.

8. Usually, by this stage, the medicals are also passed. Recently some applicants received request to re-access their medicals when the file reached the Local Visa Office (LVO). I have a theory for this, but in most cases, once the medicals are passed, they are good until the final review stage. The applicants who received a reassesment for the medicals could be because of two reasons:
a. The doctor or the facility which examined them had a complaint against it, or the CIC found something fishy about how things were being conducted there; or
b. The medicals did not disclose the required parameters, or the applicant had an underlying medical issue, which the CIC wanted to get re-assessed.

8. Now the next stage is to determine eligibility, i.e. whether the application meets the program prerequisites under which it is filed. For FSW, your experience, letters of reference, education, etc are in order. For the PNP, FSW and your nomination is present, for CEC, your Canadian experience is on file. And, so on so forth for the other categories. The objective here is to review whether you meet the program threshold and what you claim is correct. If there is any suspicion, or things don't sound good, the agent can send your application for further review. Which includes an interview, extra doc request etc. If the applicant meets the requirements, and his score is over the cut off for the ITA she received, his eligibility is passed. If there are issues, they will be addressed. This usually happens at the LVO. This stage happens when the application is usually 4-5 months into the process. At this stage, if the eligibility is met, the chances of refusal considerably go down, unless there is a criminal history. However, if your score goes down due to CIC not acknowledging your experience, NOC and reference letters not matching, or a change in age, the application is rejected.

9. As soon as the eligibility is met, next comes the security and criminality (or background check). Usually the criminality is met through the Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) uploaded with the application. If the applicant has been to a country which is suspicious, or your travel history does show frequent visits to a country without any explanation, the same are recorded and evaluated. If things look good, your criminality is passed. A lot of applicants receive a request for Schedule A at this stage to ensure no gap time is present and the history is clear.

10. The last and the final stage is the security. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), International Police (INTERPOL), Criminal Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here. Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, past law enforcement or military record, Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the case goes into a 'spin'. Then the file might go to the local Police/intelligence agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over within 1-2 months. However, a point to be noted is that the applicant can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. For some people the security has a quick turn around. But in the last two weeks a lot of applicants are stuck at this stage.

11. At the final review, when the security results come in, the PPR is issued.

Now, this is NO way is a generalization of the process. Some applications are processed much faster, some are slow. This is what I could gather from my GCMS notes, my experience with dealing with the immigration authorities in US on behalf of my clients and my personal EE application, which was filed in Sep 15' and approved in April 16.

This is only for information to provide a birds eye view about the process, but CIC has never disclosed their processing procedure. However, looking into some immigration cases, and the information through the GCMS notes available on the forum, this is the best generalization I could come up with. Albeit, for some applicants the criminality is done before the eligibility is checked, for other after. So please don't debate as to how one case you saw was different from what I have stated.

This is just an overview. If you do not find it appealing, just ignore it. If it was up to me, I would process all applications much faster.

But, this is a long wait and probably the most important decision you will make in your life. Be optimistic, helpful and supportive of others. This forum is an excellent resource for many, so even when you receive your PPR, please hang on for a few more months and update your timelines and answer any questions other applicants may have. Don't be a parasite.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
The anatomy of a standard application is as follows:

1. Enter the EE pool.

2. Receive the ITA.

3. File application and supporting documents.

4. AoR - Automatically acknowledged, usually on the same day as submission.

5. The first step is to check for completeness. This usually triggers the application review "IN PROGRESS." This is done at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

6. Next stage is the R10 review. This is the first stringent check of the application against the EE profile you created. The Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations imposes a strict liability on the applicants to account for all documents uploaded, satisfy what was stated in the EE profile, and ensure that there are no gaps. If you do not provide the documents or they are filed incorrectly, your application can be rejected due to the strict liability on the applicant under this regulation. However, a lot depends on the agent reviewing the file. Under the R 10 review your IELTS, ECA are checked against the websites to ascertain that there is no misrepresentation. (R10 review is done within the 1-3 months of filing the application). If an applicant's age has changed from EE profile to ITA, then the same is recorded and his score determined. There is an exception clause for when the age changes, it keeps the CRS score intact. This is also done at the CIO level. Most of the applications are rejected here because they are incomplete.

7. At the R10 review, if you have any documents missing, the application is rejected, or more time is given to file the document if there is a Letter of Explanation (LoE). It largely depends on the agent reviewing it. Some are brutal and will reject the application even for a minor error.

8. Usually, by this stage, the medicals are also passed. Recently some applicants received request to re-access their medicals when the file reached the Local Visa Office (LVO). I have a theory for this, but in most cases, once the medicals are passed, they are good until the final review stage. The applicants who received a reassesment for the medicals could be because of two reasons:
a. The doctor or the facility which examined them had a complaint against it, or the CIC found something fishy about how things were being conducted there; or
b. The medicals did not disclose the required parameters, or the applicant had an underlying medical issue, which the CIC wanted to get re-assessed.

8. Now the next stage is to determine eligibility, i.e. whether the application meets the program prerequisites under which it is filed. For FSW, your experience, letters of reference, education, etc are in order. For the PNP, FSW and your nomination is present, for CEC, your Canadian experience is on file. And, so on so forth for the other categories. The objective here is to review whether you meet the program threshold and what you claim is correct. If there is any suspicion, or things don't sound good, the agent can send your application for further review. Which includes an interview, extra doc request etc. If the applicant meets the requirements, and his score is over the cut off for the ITA she received, his eligibility is passed. If there are issues, they will be addressed. This usually happens at the LVO. This stage happens when the application is usually 4-5 months into the process. At this stage, if the eligibility is met, the chances of refusal considerably go down, unless there is a criminal history. However, if your score goes down due to CIC not acknowledging your experience, NOC and reference letters not matching, or a change in age, the application is rejected.

9. As soon as the eligibility is met, next comes the security and criminality (or background check). Usually the criminality is met through the Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) uploaded with the application. If the applicant has been to a country which is suspicious, or your travel history does show frequent visits to a country without any explanation, the same are recorded and evaluated. If things look good, your criminality is passed. A lot of applicants receive a request for Schedule A at this stage to ensure no gap time is present and the history is clear.

10. The last and the final stage is the security. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), International Police (INTERPOL), Criminal Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here. Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, past law enforcement or military record, Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the case goes into a 'spin'. Then the file might go to the local Police/intelligence agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over within 1-2 months. However, a point to be noted is that the applicant can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. For some people the security has a quick turn around. But in the last two weeks a lot of applicants are stuck at this stage.

11. At the final review, when the security results come in, the PPR is issued.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi May/June AOR people.
As per immitracker, so far only 3 May FSW-outland candidates have passed medicals (2 from Pakistan and 1 from Israel).
1 FSW inland applicant and 29 CEC applicants have passed medicals. May CECs who have passed medicals show average 23-30 days after AOR to meds passed. Where as many cases above 40 days from AOR (CEC) are still pending.

As, per April AOR trends FSW-O can hope for medicals to pass after 60 days post AOR.
Above conclusions are from the data available on tracker. If anyone in May/June AOR has any updates in their File, Please share here. So that we can all have clear idea about our timelines. Also update the tracker, it helps a lot.
Keep posting your file status.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Medical timelines are now slowly reducing. It has reduced from 62 - 65 to about 59 to 62 over the last 10 days. Hopefully it will keep reducing!

Reactions: samuelja and KiranK

krishnan_vinod

Jun 24, 2017
Qatar
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Med's Done....
05/07/2017
Hi all,

FSW Outland from India.
AOR received on 28/05/2017. No progress as of now.
Just keeping the fringers crossed

Reactions: KiranK

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi all,

FSW Outland from India.
AOR received on 28/05/2017. No progress as of now.
Just keeping the fringers crossed
No worries, i am May 23rd 2017, FSW-O India, it will take 18-25 days more for us to see any update (meds passed etc. in our files), as of now may 6th AOR applicants are getting meds passed, so we have to wait. Good Luck. Keep updating the forum here for any changes in file, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask, people around here will try to help.

krishnan_vinod

Jun 24, 2017
Qatar
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Med's Done....
05/07/2017
No worries, i am May 23rd 2017, FSW-O India, it will take 18-25 days more for us to see any update (meds passed etc. in our files), as of now may 6th AOR applicants are getting meds passed, so we have to wait. Good Luck. Keep updating the forum here for any changes in file, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask, people around here will try to help.
Thanks for the support buddy.
I do have some queries regarding the PCC.
As of now am residing in the State of Qatar. I have submitted the Police clearance certificate issued from the Embassy of India in Doha, Qatar and also from the Passport Office in my town in India.
I have a PCC issued by the CEID ( Criminal EVidence and investigation Department, State of Qatar) starting from 22nd Jan 2016 to 10th April 2017 (the day PCC was issued) with a validity of six months. This PCC is issued on the basis of my Residence Permit which was issued on 22nd Jan 2016.

But the problem is that I had lived in Qatar prior to that from Aug 18 2015 to Jan 16 2017 (for a period less than 6 months) on my company's business visa (different visa number) without a Residence Permit. As per my information CEID does mot issue a PCC for expats without residence permit who lived in the country for a period less than 6 months. The trouble am facing is that I do not have a PCC for that period from 18th Aug 2016 to 16th Jan 2017 (period of stay is less than 6 months). Though my entry and exits are clearly marked in the passport am a bit worried about this issue. Is there any one who has an idea regarding this.

I had also stayed in Qatar from 23rd May 2014 to 15th August 2014 (hardly 4 months) on a visit visa.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Thanks for the support buddy.
I do have some queries regarding the PCC.
As of now am residing in the State of Qatar. I have submitted the Police clearance certificate issued from the Embassy of India in Doha, Qatar and also from the Passport Office in my town in India.
I have a PCC issued by the CEID ( Criminal EVidence and investigation Department, State of Qatar) starting from 22nd Jan 2016 to 10th April 2017 (the day PCC was issued) with a validity of six months. This PCC is issued on the basis of my Residence Permit which was issued on 22nd Jan 2016.

But the problem is that I had lived in Qatar prior to that from Aug 18 2015 to Jan 16 2017 (for a period less than 6 months) on my company's business visa (different visa number) without a Residence Permit. As per my information CEID does mot issue a PCC for expats without residence permit who lived in the country for a period less than 6 months. The trouble am facing is that I do not have a PCC for that period from 18th Aug 2016 to 16th Jan 2017 (period of stay is less than 6 months). Though my entry and exits are clearly marked in the passport am a bit worried about this issue. Is there any one who has an idea regarding this.

I had also stayed in Qatar from 23rd May 2014 to 15th August 2014 (hardly 4 months) on a visit visa.
Okay, although, you do not need a police certificate for stay of less then six months, but here unfortunately, your cumulative stay is more than 6 months, as the stay of your visitor visa will also be included. CIC has clearly mentioned that if cumulative stay is longer then 6 months you need a PCC.

I will quote CIC here-
"Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory."

And cases have been rejected due to this mistake as people do not consider and add the stay period with some difference. I suggest you to get a PCC ASAP, raise a CSE and upload. If you will not get PCC quickly then raise a CSE explaining your situation and attach the document proving that you have applied for it, so that CIC waits for your PCC and does not reject application straightaway. When you get the original document upload it then. This is important my friend.

Now for Qatar PCC, I am an Indian, I have limited knowledge on Qatar government working, but I will again quote CIC here, I will also attach the links below for you to check out for details on PCC from Qatar.

If you are not a citizen of Qatar

If you live in Qatar: (for more than 6 months)
You must apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Qatar, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf, and bring:

• Two photographs (4x6 cm)
  • A copy of your current passport and ID card
  • A copy of your residence permit
  • Applicable fees

If you live outside of Qatar: (but have lived in Qatar for more than 6 months)
You can:

1. Return to Qatar and apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Qatar, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf at the Criminal Evidences and Information Department (CEID) and follow the instructions above.
  2. Visit your nearest Qatari Embassy or consulate
  3. By express mail
You or your representative must bring/send:

• A letter explaining the purpose for which the certificate is required
  • Original fingerprints certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Qatari Embassy in the country where you are currently residing.
  • A copy of the passport that you used in Qatar
  • A copy of your old or expired residence visa in Qatar and ID card
  • A copy of your current passport
  • Three photographs (4x6 cm)
  • Applicable fees

Links- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/qatar.asp

Read carefully, hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: krishnan_vinod

krishnan_vinod

Jun 24, 2017
Qatar
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Med's Done....
05/07/2017
Okay, although, you do not need a police certificate for stay of less then six months, but here unfortunately, your cumulative stay is more than 6 months, as the stay of your visitor visa will also be included. CIC has clearly mentioned that if cumulative stay is longer then 6 months you need a PCC.

I will quote CIC here-
"Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory."

And cases have been rejected due to this mistake as people do not consider and add the stay period with some difference. I suggest you to get a PCC ASAP, raise a CSE and upload. If you will not get PCC quickly then raise a CSE explaining your situation and attach the document proving that you have applied for it, so that CIC waits for your PCC and does not reject application straightaway. When you get the original document upload it then. This is important my friend.

Now for Qatar PCC, I am an Indian, I have limited knowledge on Qatar government working, but I will again quote CIC here, I will also attach the links below for you to check out for details on PCC from Qatar.

If you are not a citizen of Qatar

If you live in Qatar: (for more than 6 months)
You must apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Qatar, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf, and bring:

• Two photographs (4x6 cm)
  • A copy of your current passport and ID card
  • A copy of your residence permit
  • Applicable fees

If you live outside of Qatar: (but have lived in Qatar for more than 6 months)
You can:

1. Return to Qatar and apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Qatar, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf at the Criminal Evidences and Information Department (CEID) and follow the instructions above.
  2. Visit your nearest Qatari Embassy or consulate
  3. By express mail
You or your representative must bring/send:

• A letter explaining the purpose for which the certificate is required
  • Original fingerprints certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Qatari Embassy in the country where you are currently residing.
  • A copy of the passport that you used in Qatar
  • A copy of your old or expired residence visa in Qatar and ID card
  • A copy of your current passport
  • Three photographs (4x6 cm)
  • Applicable fees

Links- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/qatar.asp

Read carefully, hope this helps.
Thanks a ton for the reply Kiran

I have a PCC issued from the CEID of Qatar and has submitted the same. The problem is that unlike Indian PCC the Qatar PCC mentions period of stay.
The PCC has mentioned my period of stay for last 14 (22/01/2016 to 10/04/2017) months and omitted previous 8 months (23/05/2014 to 17/08/2014 and 18/08/2015 to 16/01/2016) when i stayed without a resident permit (i.e. on a business visa)

It is quite common in GCC states where people come in search of a job on a business visa and then exit the country after finding a job, and then to come back on a company's visa (visa provided by the employer). When you are on a business visa you will not have Resident Permit issued by the government as it has a limited validity (temporary visa).

The simple logic is that if you ever commit a crime in any GCC state you can not come back without being caught by the immigration authority or the police dept of that particular state as your retina, finger print, passport details are scanned and stored in their data bank.

Is a Letter of Explanation sufficient for the IRCC/CIC authorities to understand the situation?

Last edited:

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other

Thanks a ton for the reply Kiran

I have a PCC issued from the CEID of Qatar and has submitted the same. The problem is that unlike Indian PCC the Qatar PCC mentions period of stay.
The PCC has mentioned my period of stay for last 14 (22/01/2016 to 10/04/2017) months and omitted previous 8 months (23/05/2014 to 17/08/2014 and 18/08/2015 to 16/01/2016) when i stayed without a resident permit (i.e. on a business visa)

It is quite common in GCC states where people come in search of a job on a business visa and then exit the country after finding a job, and then to come back on a company's visa (visa provided by the employer). When you are on a business visa you will not have Resident Permit issued by the government as it has a limited validity (temporary visa).

The simple logic is that if you ever commit a crime in any GCC state you can not come back without being caught by the immigration authority or the police dept of that particular state as your retina, finger print, passport details are scanned and stored in their data bank.

Is a Letter of Explanation sufficient for the IRCC/CIC authorities to understand the situation?

I am unable to open the image you sent.
Yes a LOE is the best way to explain your situation clearly, if there is no other way that you can get a PCC for that period. You can also try getting it in written from Qatar authorities responsible for issuing PCC or police authority in general, that you cannot be given the document for so and so reasons, attach that in original (scan) with your LOE, do mention the authorities contact details and position on it. It will substantiate your claim. Try this if you can.
Also be 100% sure that there is no other way, because if there is some way, then your CSE will not be entertained, in my opinion.
All the best to you.

Reactions: krishnan_vinod