+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - Cairo Visa Office

WRaafat

Dec 17, 2015
Welcome guys,

Thanks for the fast response.
are you sure its just travel permit ? (خلصت الخدمة العسكرية و لسه فى فترة الإحتياط)
i searched the internet and i think i have to tell them that im immigrating and get papers from (وزاره الداخليه & هيئه ا لتعبئه) so they can give me the travel permit and remove me from (فترة الإحتياط).

What was your case ?

AbdelAllah said:
Bro, welcome to our lounge ...
لو خلصت الخدمة العسكرية و لسه فى فترة الإحتياط بتطلع نصريح سفر من حلمية الزيتون

We got immigration visa on passport, when you do landing we get PR cards.

A

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro,
For me I have finished the "fatreet E7tiat" already so not sure if you have to tell the army you are immigrating (well I guess not but better you check).

A
WRaafat said:
Welcome guys,

Thanks for the fast response.
are you sure its just travel permit ? (خلصت الخدمة العسكرية و لسه فى فترة الإحتياط)
i searched the internet and i think i have to tell them that im immigrating and get papers from (وزاره الداخليه & هيئه ا لتعبئه) so they can give me the travel permit and remove me from (فترة الإحتياط).

What was your case ?

ramo morgan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
Dear All,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank this forum and you guys for helping me and each other towards the end of this long journey to Canada.
Wish you all the best of luck.

ربنا يوفق الجميع

Regards
Ramo

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Glad we have all passed the process .. let us keep this place open with future suggestions and tips.

A

ramo morgan said:
Dear All,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank this forum and you guys for helping me and each other towards the end of this long journey to Canada.
Wish you all the best of luck.

ربنا يوفق الجميع

Regards
Ramo

medwiz

May 25, 2014
So true... Glad everyone made it through this long process... Thank you all very much for the help and wish everyone all the best in thier Canadian future :)

AbdelAllah said:
Glad we have all passed the process .. let us keep this place open with future suggestions and tips.

A

almohager

Sep 24, 2014
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Hello bros,

did any one reach something solid about the travel permission from the army? in my case its mentioned "gheir matloob" as i finished fatret el e7teyat but I' am worried that i have an immigrant visa and not normal visa and just want to make sure I will not need a travel permission or something.

ramo morgan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
Dear All,

Does anyone considered " Landing " in Canada and then return to home country or country of residence for some time before travelling their for good ??

Have anyone decided the province where to settle and why?

Can we open discussions and exchange ideas :)

Thanks
Ramo

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro, my cousin immigrated to Canada three years ago and he finished his "fatret ElE7tiat" and there was nothing stopped from him with the army.
A

almohager said:
Hello bros,

did any one reach something solid about the travel permission from the army? in my case its mentioned "gheir matloob" as i finished fatret el e7teyat but I' am worried that i have an immigrant visa and not normal visa and just want to make sure I will not need a travel permission or something.

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes let us have a discussion.
One thing I noticed is the time to get PR cards now is 85 days from landing day ... long time isn't it?
A

ramo morgan said:
Dear All,

Does anyone considered " Landing " in Canada and then return to home country or country of residence for some time before travelling their for good ??

Have anyone decided the province where to settle and why?

Can we open discussions and exchange ideas :)

Thanks
Ramo

almohager

Sep 24, 2014
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
AbdelAllah said:
Yes let us have a discussion.
One thing I noticed is the time to get PR cards now is 85 days from landing day ... long time isn't it?
A
I' am planning to go there first alone without family, start looking for work till things get stable so they can land and stay, in case of things did not get stable and the visa is about to expire they will land to go back home till it gets stable :)
most probably will land in Ontario as its the best place for my career

almohager

Sep 24, 2014
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
AbdelAllah said:
Bro, my cousin immigrated to Canada three years ago and he finished his "fatret ElE7tiat" and there was nothing stopped from him with the army.
A
so he did not need to get any permission before traveling?

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No he didn't get any permissions before traveling (his passport is stamped with "غير مطلوب"

A

almohager said:
so he did not need to get any permission before traveling?

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For me I would do quick landing with family, come back and then go finally in August inshaa Allah. Although it is expensive but better to apply for OHIP (requires three months) and P would take the same so by the time we go back these things will be ready inshaa Allah. Same as you Bro Toronto seems the place to go for the same reason of career, although I wish I live in Vancouver :-[

A

almohager said:
I' am planning to go there first alone without family, start looking for work till things get stable so they can land and stay, in case of things did not get stable and the visa is about to expire they will land to go back home till it gets stable :)
most probably will land in Ontario as its the best place for my career

himakimo

Aug 9, 2013
Hello Abdallah
your Health Care 3 month qualifying period will only start from the day you actually reside in Ontario, if you land and stay less than three month you have not qualified yet and you will start again your 3 month qualifying period when you come back to Canada and stay(August in your case).
so my advise, save your money and come once and stay, second advise come as soon as the weather starts to warm up in may or june and don't delay
because you may have to take the bus and walk and may not buy a car right away but if you come let's say in mid August you may have issues with weather on late September and October when fall starts to kick in (weather still manageable still in Sept. and October but why not actually enjoy your first few month instead of dealing with cold weather)

there are a few things also that may help you
as example you can bring as much money and goods when you are landing without having to pay customs but after that on your next time entering the country you will have to be careful what to bring and must declare everything and they are serious about customs and taxes here
car insurance is a lot cheaper the further you go from Toronto (big issue for new comers $400/month in Toronto)
please translate your driver license and have it stamped by the ministry of foreign affairs as it will cost you $40 to translate here (without it you will have to wait 1 year before you can drive)
try to study the driver license book and take the test as soon as you come (you can use it as a photo ID to apply for the health card and bank account...etc)
your international driver license is good to have only if you are going to rent a car not to buy a car( rent during the weekdays is cheaper)

also know your residency rules, how much you can leave the country for and how often is very important.
good luck to you all and let me know if you need help with anything
I wish you guys the best

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro, many thanks for the valuable hints, and for sure we all here may use you as an expert for the planning phase to move to Canada ;).
A

himakimo said:
Hello Abdallah
your Health Care 3 month qualifying period will only start from the day you actually reside in Ontario, if you land and stay less than three month you have not qualified yet and you will start again your 3 month qualifying period when you come back to Canada and stay(August in your case).
so my advise, save your money and come once and stay, second advise come as soon as the weather starts to warm up in may or june and don't delay
because you may have to take the bus and walk and may not buy a car right away but if you come let's say in mid August you may have issues with weather on late September and October when fall starts to kick in (weather still manageable still in Sept. and October but why not actually enjoy your first few month instead of dealing with cold weather)

there are a few things also that may help you
as example you can bring as much money and goods when you are landing without having to pay customs but after that on your next time entering the country you will have to be careful what to bring and must declare everything and they are serious about customs and taxes here
car insurance is a lot cheaper the further you go from Toronto (big issue for new comers $400/month in Toronto)
please translate your driver license and have it stamped by the ministry of foreign affairs as it will cost you $40 to translate here (without it you will have to wait 1 year before you can drive)
try to study the driver license book and take the test as soon as you come (you can use it as a photo ID to apply for the health card and bank account...etc)
your international driver license is good to have only if you are going to rent a car not to buy a car( rent during the weekdays is cheaper)

also know your residency rules, how much you can leave the country for and how often is very important.
good luck to you all and let me know if you need help with anything
I wish you guys the best