+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mythestic said:
i will be landing in TWO days, just a quick question;

I got a bunch of cigar lighters including some expensive zippos. May i carry them in my luggage? If yes, do i need to mention them in Accompanying List?
1. How big is the bunch? A large bunch may invoke 'commercial' interest and might attract duties.
2. Carry them in ur 'check-in' baggage.

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012
qorax said:
1. How big is the bunch? A large bunch may invoke 'commercial' interest and might attract duties.
2. Carry them in ur 'check-in' baggage.
Oh no there's not a BIG bunch.. infact i will select very less of them.. you can say 6 to 8 pieces. thats it!

Thanks alot for your kind n quick reply.

lovie

Oct 9, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2009
Doc's Request.
18/11/2009
AOR Received.
25/07/2010
File Transfer...
In process : 25/04/2012
Med's Request
11/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012! Received at LVO on 26/06/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2012
LANDED..........
October 1 '12
Re: HELP QORAX.....ITS Me Mishall Pls Help

mishall2011 said:
dear qorax
we landed on 13 sept 2012..At immigration counter evry thing went smooth except tht Visa Offices refused to accept friend address..she said tht it is mandatory to be physically appeared once the PR card dispatch to you...Before in plane KLM people told us to fill embarkment form ..In tht form we had to mentioned days of stay...so we mentioned 16 days..coz we are based in UAE and its a short stay for us...we wanted to land to do atleast first entry...so as we have mentioned 16 days Immigration officer said tht PR card take 3 to 4 weeks.. as you have given friend address we can't process your PR card request...she said tht u need to reapply for travelling document from your local country canadian consulate once u make up your mind to settle in canada..and then you can apply for PR card:( we were very upset...later we went to another section Lady was very nice she gave us brochure and welcomed us...later she told us tht if you trust your friend u can give his address ...and once your friend receive it u can arrange courier service from your country...she added tht IO are not allowed to provide alternative solution..as its very Risky to send PR Cards to person other than applicant...
Any way we provide address of our friend and fax it to PR office...we are here till 28 september....Just want to ask tht she did not ask for any picture of any of family member..how they process our PR card???Pls help
Mishall 2011
Can I know your point of entry ??

A

ASMB

Hi,

I will be moving to Canada in about a month and was wondering if it is advisable to purchase a Laptop here in Dubai, or get one in Canada. Usually there are good deals at GITEX.

I'm hoping some of the earlier Dubai based and now Canadian residents would have some advice/comments.
Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
ASMB

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ASMB said:
Hi,

I will be moving to Canada in about a month and was wondering if it is advisable to purchase a Laptop here in Dubai, or get one in Canada. Usually there are good deals at GITEX.

I'm hoping some of the earlier Dubai based and now Canadian residents would have some advice/comments.
Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
ASMB
I would purchase it in Dubai than paying tax and other charges here in Vancouver.

A

ASMB

steaky said:
I would purchase it in Dubai than paying tax and other charges here in Vancouver.
Thanks for your response Steaky. Didn't think about the tax part before.
I am headed to Ottawa by the way.
Off to GITEX now.

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012
I landed on 21st Sept. via Montreal. (Destination city was Calgary n my POE was Montreal). Everything went smoothly, but at immigration counter, it took too much time in waiting. (Many Quebec immigration applicants were there). When our number came, immigration officer objected on the jewelry's price list. She didnt even see the pictures n said she has no idea about jewelry prices, so go to any Jewelry store after landing n evaluate all the jewelry n keep their evaluation receipt with jewelry.

That argument took most of our time n we missed our connecting flight to Calgary. So, All the people who are getting connecting flights within the Canada, keep that in mind (at your POE, your immigration process may take time n your flight can be missed too)

safe.

lovie

Oct 9, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2009
Doc's Request.
18/11/2009
AOR Received.
25/07/2010
File Transfer...
In process : 25/04/2012
Med's Request
11/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012! Received at LVO on 26/06/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2012
LANDED..........
October 1 '12

mishall2011 said:
dear qorax
we landed on 13 sept 2012..At immigration counter evry thing went smooth except tht Visa Offices refused to accept friend address..she said tht it is mandatory to be physically appeared once the PR card dispatch to you...Before in plane KLM people told us to fill embarkment form ..In tht form we had to mentioned days of stay...so we mentioned 16 days..coz we are based in UAE and its a short stay for us...we wanted to land to do atleast first entry...so as we have mentioned 16 days Immigration officer said tht PR card take 3 to 4 weeks.. as you have given friend address we can't process your PR card request...she said tht u need to reapply for travelling document from your local country canadian consulate once u make up your mind to settle in canada..and then you can apply for PR card:( we were very upset...later we went to another section Lady was very nice she gave us brochure and welcomed us...later she told us tht if you trust your friend u can give his address ...and once your friend receive it u can arrange courier service from your country...she added tht IO are not allowed to provide alternative solution..as its very Risky to send PR Cards to person other than applicant...
Any way we provide address of our friend and fax it to PR office...we are here till 28 september....Just want to ask tht she did not ask for any picture of any of family member..how they process our PR card???Pls help
Mishall 2011
[/quote)

Hi mishall

I also had the same experience when I landed here in Ottawa. Where did you land ?

I also have the PR application form , but is it advisable to fill it even after the officer refused to accept it and you just faxed it to the number or did you make any calls or an email to CIC.

Your opinion would be helpful as I am in the same situation

Cheers

jun479

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 21,2012
File Transfer...
Aug 21,2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Sep 1, 2012; we requested for 2nd ppr - still waiting. Went in process on ecas on sep 26, 2012
Hi,

This is an awesome thread. Cleared up so many of my concerns.

However, just wanted to know this:
I am a canadian citizen (lived there for 8 years). I am sponsoring my husband under spousal sponsorship. We are both living abroad currently.
We are planning to move as soon as he gets his PR approval. So now two questions:
1. Will we have two separate B4 forms? I will have the check marked the former resident one and he will be checking the settler box??
2. As a resident I have a limit of 10k for importing items, my wedding jewelery is coming up more than that, so can my husband import that on his list as he does not have any limit importing value? Will it look weird as to why my husband is carrying female jewellery and would this cause a problem?

Thanks!

udayaradhya

Jan 6, 2011
Bangalore - India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Qorax......I followed all the instructions exactly as you had explained in the first post. I never thought I had a doubt, hence, never verified anything with you. Do you know how the landing process was? - SMOOTH. Your explaination is absolutely perfect on the first post of this thread. The officers never opened my baggage to check anything. They saw the papers that i presented to them, and said it was well done. I did not even spend a long time with them too. A BIG THANKS TO YOU.

Now my questions: I landed on 9th August, and everything was smooth. My wife and kid are coming this week, ie., 11th October. Here is what I have done:

1. Scanned my 'sealed & signed GA and GTF' forms and sent to her. She has taken a printout and is bringing with her.
2. Scanned my 'sealed & signed Jewellery pictures' and sent to her. She will show them when she lands.
3. Scanned the receipt they gave me for the goods and sent to her. She will bring that along.
3. No funds letter to show by her. Yet, i have sent the letter i had shown. She will keep a copy of that too if needed.
4. Sent a scanned copy of my bank statement, SIN, Driving Licence. She will print and bring them.

What else is missing? Should she create another GTF and GA forms separately? What other things should she thnik about.

Request an urgent reply as the time is short.

Take care. Thanks.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jun479 said:
We are planning to move as soon as he gets his PR approval. So now two questions:
1. Will we have two separate B4 forms? I will have the check marked the former resident one and he will be checking the settler box??
2. As a resident I have a limit of 10k for importing items, my wedding jewelery is coming up more than that, so can my husband import that on his list as he does not have any limit importing value? Will it look weird as to why my husband is carrying female jewellery and would this cause a problem?

Thanks!
1) One B4 form per family: You would have to mark both former resident and settler boxes
2) No problem

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
I am travelling with small children for first landing this week and as weather is cold in Toronto, I am thinking to take some eatables with me for initial days like tin packs, Can food , baby milk tetra packs , biscuits etc.should i include all these also in my GTA list.
will customs have problem with eatables?

please reply fast as i am running short of time now.

Thanks to all who are helping newcomers...

Regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ummi said:
I am travelling with small children for first landing this week and as weather is cold in Toronto, I am thinking to take some eatables with me for initial days like tin packs, Can food , baby milk tetra packs , biscuits etc.should i include all these also in my GTA list.
will customs have problem with eatables?

please reply fast as i am running short of time now.

Thanks to all who are helping newcomers...

Regards
Bringing those things could delay ur exit considerably from the a/port. However, many things r permitted with limitation to qtys, pls read here:
http://www.beaware.gc.ca/english/brirape.shtml

cjlaila

Mar 23, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 27.2011
Doc's Request.
sent all
AOR Received.
August 30.2011
IELTS Request
sent w/ application
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
JUNE 15.2012 TNX GOD
VISA ISSUED...
Recieved pp after 5wks
LANDED..........
...IN SHAALA by October 2012

mishall2011 said:
dear qorax
Mishall 2011

Hello,

We are also landing in Toronto on Oct. 30 and will stay for 15 days then to go back to settle lot of things form work. (we are also from uae, abu dhabi).
I am now afraid that it will happen to us as well:-(
So, what is the purpose of entering to Canda if they will not honor and process our P.R?
Why are they doing this?
Does it mean that when we are not allowed to process PR initially and plan to come back and still not for good..will still be the same scenario?
PLease help!!

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
We are sailing in same boat....thought for a short landing but now things seems to be different there..
Dear Seniors any suggestion to solve this issue..

IO rejecting PR processing because of short stay...
is it possible to give address later before exit.
seniors pls throw some light on this issue.

Regards