+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear hmisabpk,

Thanks but I guess there is no way to increase the font.

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012
What if we take all our jewellery to Canada in first time as immigrants.. and after a year or so we bring it back to our country to wear at an occasion, n after the occasion.. we take it back to Canada, will we need to pay duty then on our jewellery?

dioncookie

Jun 9, 2012
Cavite
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7, 2012..CIC-Mreceived: Aug.10,2012
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2013 NBI,PP,App.A,Remed
AOR Received.
September 19, 2012
File Transfer...
oCT.2,2012, 2012....ECAS-In process : April 03, 2013
Med's Request
April 11,2013
Med's Done....
October 24, 2011/remed: April 15,2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 11,2013
how many b4 form will i fill out... i have 3 children travelling with me..do i have to fill out each form for all of us? or we can use 1 b4 form forallof us... thank u..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mythestic said:
What if we take all our jewellery to Canada in first time as immigrants.. and after a year or so we bring it back to our country to wear at an occasion, n after the occasion.. we take it back to Canada, will we need to pay duty then on our jewellery?
As long as u carry the 'stamped' B4 on such occasions u'd be fine.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
dioncookie said:
how many b4 form will i fill out... i have 3 children travelling with me..do i have to fill out each form for all of us? or we can use 1 b4 form forallof us... thank u..
One per family.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qorax - I have below questions about our travel and B4 forms

1) Do we need to fill separate forms in case all the family members are not travelling together. For example as a PA, I will land first and my family (wife/kids) will come later. So I need to fill B4 form and my wife also do the same when she land?

2) If I land first and get the PR card and come to my native country. When I (with PR card) travel again with my family (does not have PR card as yet to complete landing process). Can we go to immigration counter together? Or I need to go in the counter to enter in Canada. Basically, I need to accompany with my family to guide them.

Please advise.
Thanks.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim50 said:
Qorax - I have below questions about our travel and B4 forms

1) Do we need to fill separate forms in case all the family members are not travelling together. For example as a PA, I will land first and my family (wife/kids) will come later. So I need to fill B4 form and my wife also do the same when she land? One B4 per family

2) If I land first and get the PR card and come to my native country. When I (with PR card) travel again with my family (does not have PR card as yet to complete landing process). Can we go to immigration counter together? Or I need to go in the counter to enter in Canada. Basically, I need to accompany with my family to guide them. Yes, you can.

Please advise.
Thanks.

tarekcanada

Jan 23, 2012
Hello,

Can any item written in the GAL (Goods accompanied) be also written in the GTF (to follow list) ....same item in both lists....
I mean if i am carrying a laptop or a camera at the time of first landing (mentioned in GAL), but i am staying for couple of weeks and then going back to my country taking these out with me, and later on at the time of permanent relocation i bring these items back and they were not mentioned in the GTF list, would they be taxed or is it enough that they were at least written in the GAL the first time....

Just to be on the safe side, if my first landing is for a short visit, is it better if the things i write in the GAL are also written in the GTF, any problems with this

Thank you

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tarekcanada said:
Hello,

Can any item written in the GAL (Goods accompanied) be also written in the GTF (to follow list) ....same item in both lists....
I mean if i am carrying a laptop or a camera at the time of first landing (mentioned in GAL), but i am staying for couple of weeks and then going back to my country taking these out with me, and later on at the time of permanent relocation i bring these items back and they were not mentioned in the GTF list, would they be taxed or is it enough that they were at least written in the GAL the first time....

Just to be on the safe side, if my first landing is for a short visit, is it better if the things i write in the GAL are also written in the GTF, any problems with this

Thank you
If u list them in the B4-GAL and carry that list during ur reEntries - u won't be queried.
Besides, in any case, 'usual' belongings [viz. laptops, iPads, digicams, cellphones, some jewelleries, clothings etc.] aren't of any concern of the CBSA.

Qorax

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
Hi,

Where to mention "Funds to follow" if I will bring more funds later, is it in B4 or somewhere else please reply soon.

vinpar

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
all sent with the initial file
Med's Request
cleared
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
Issued March
LANDED..........
May- June hopefully
Hi,
I finished my immigration formalities. My wife is doing this now (after 3 months). She is getting jewelry. Does she need to enter her name of my name (PA) in the B4 form?

thnx,

VBSB

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Interview........
Jan 2012
Passport Req..
Sent in Feb 2012.....Decision Made on 16th April 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
13 April 2012
IS THERE ANY PRESCRIBED LIMIT ON THE TOTAL VALUE OF GOODS WE CAN CARRY ALONG...THIS INCLUDES ALL CLOTHING, GADGETS, BOOKS ETC.??

THIS IS FOR PR VISA.

THANKS.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vinpar said:
Hi,
I finished my immigration formalities. My wife is doing this now (after 3 months). She is getting jewelry. Does she need to enter her name of my name (PA) in the B4 form?

thnx,
1. The facility of GTF is offered only during & for the 'landing' (1st entry to Canada).
2. If those were listed earlier, while landing, she just needs to carry that 'pre-stamped' form.
3. If they weren't, and if the items r few, she may just pass-thru w/out any issues. Else...!
4. The B4 is always made on the PA's name. And only once.

Qorax