+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

nick_s

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
qorax & all,
I sent 21 boxes over a few days from Boston to Calgary. Yesterday I received a call from UPS canada asking why did I send those boxes. I told them I'm relocating to Canada and those are my personal items. UPS told me that for personal items, I need to clear it with the custom, per Canadian gov, UPS can't do it for me. I check the status of the shipment on UPS website, it says: "Receiver assigned clearance to non-UPS broker. Shipment is remaining in UPS control.Shipment transferred to Free Trade Zone or alternate broker per customer request."

I'm afraid I'll be having problem with my stuff. Any suggestion?

I am

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lima - Peru
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What if later on we go back to our country, or any other country and buy some jewelry for our personal use???
Wuld that be taxed too??

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nick_s said:
qorax & all,
I sent 21 boxes over a few days from Boston to Calgary. Yesterday I received a call from UPS canada asking why did I send those boxes. I told them I'm relocating to Canada and those are my personal items. UPS told me that for personal items, I need to clear it with the custom, per Canadian gov, UPS can't do it for me. I check the status of the shipment on UPS website, it says: "Receiver assigned clearance to non-UPS broker. Shipment is remaining in UPS control.Shipment transferred to Free Trade Zone or alternate broker per customer request."

I'm afraid I'll be having problem with my stuff. Any suggestion?
When u come here u'd need to visit customs with ur 'stamped' B4 & get it cleared. It's another matter that UPS might bill u an addnl demurrage charge/s.

Qorax

Sanam Pao

Mar 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Sir Qorax,

I have one question.
My mother gave me apartment as a gift and we made a gift contract and notarized it( I don't know legal terms, sorry). I don't want to sell it yet, since my grandparents still live there, and I'm just about to do my landing. Once I decide to sell it( matter of years), am I obliged to pay the taxes to Canada when I transfer the funds to Canada, given that I had already owned that apartment before entering Canada?

Thank you in advance.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Sanam Pao said:
Hello Sir Qorax,

I have one question.
My mother gave me apartment as a gift and we made a gift contract and notarized it( I don't know legal terms, sorry). I don't want to sell it yet, since my grandparents still live there, and I'm just about to do my landing. Once I decide to sell it( matter of years), am I obliged to pay the taxes to Canada when I transfer the funds to Canada, given that I had already owned that apartment before entering Canada?

Thank you in advance.
Any monies brought-in anytime, whenever, on whatever a/c, isn't 'taxed'. When u 'invest' it - the 'interest' gained is taxable... which u r required to declare in ur annual tax returns. I bring-in funds all the time... for business purposes.

Qorax

I am

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lima - Peru
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Thank you very much Qorax. Would you please tell me if there is any problem in bringing my son´s and I
coin collections and stamp collections??? If no, do i need to take photos of the coins??
We need to give an estimate value in CAD if we could bring them??
Please i would be very thankful for your prompt response and help.
Thank you soooooooooooo much

Sanam Pao

Mar 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Any monies brought-in anytime, whenever, on whatever a/c, isn't 'taxed'. When u 'invest' it - the 'interest' gained is taxable... which u r required to declare in ur annual tax returns. I bring-in funds all the time... for business purposes.

Qorax
Thank you Sir Qorax for clarifying. I really appreciate it.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
I am said:
Thank you very much Qorax. Would you please tell me if there is 1)any problem in bringing my son´s and I coin collections and stamp collections??? If no, 2)do i need to take photos of the coins??
3)We need to give an estimate value in CAD if we could bring them??
Please i would be very thankful for your prompt response and help.
Thank you soooooooooooo much
1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Qorax,

Whn I took a print of the b4, the font was small, is it always like this or can it be rectified? Now Im unable to type it because the font is small, so I will have to write it with pen. Please tell me if theres a way to fix the font.

Thank u so much!

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
111 said:
Dear Qorax,

Whn I took a print of the b4, the font was small, is it always like this or can it be rectified? Now Im unable to type it because the font is small, so I will have to write it with pen. Please tell me if theres a way to fix the font.

Thank u so much!
Hi, 111,

(sorry query was for qorax may I can suggest)

Try to check again. If not there is no option to increase font while you are filling online. you can check your system also or try to print out and photo copy with increased zoom. If nothing will work then write with pen. check again link:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4a.pdf
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk