+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
VBSB said:
IS THERE ANY PRESCRIBED LIMIT ON THE TOTAL VALUE OF GOODS WE CAN CARRY ALONG...THIS INCLUDES ALL CLOTHING, GADGETS, BOOKS ETC.??

THIS IS FOR PR VISA.

THANKS.
None. No limits.

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
dear Qorax
I have sent u a PM.
can u plz reply
rgds
P

rumzul

Apr 15, 2012
Hi Qorax,

Thank you for this nice informative thread. I have a question regarding the good that accompany.

How about gold bullion? Can it be combined with the jewellery list or am I supposed to list it separately?

Do I need to get the value certified from any jeweler for the jewellery?

Please do let me know. Thanks in advance

Rahul78

Star Member
Sep 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
PER recieved 8th Nov 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application 8.5
File Transfer...
28th Nov 2011
Med's Request
18th Jan 2012
Med's Done....
24th Jan 2012 Meds Sent 1st Feb 2012 Recieved by VO 3rd Feb 2012, Ecas Medical Results have been recieved 17th Feb
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25th May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30th May 2012
LANDED..........
4th July 2012..JAI SAI RAM
Hello All

I have landed in Vancouver this 4th of July and now my goods are ready to be shipped from India to Vancouver. Can anyone please advise me what the process will be. Any personal experiences will also be very welcomed. Due to the economy of the shipment, I am considering sea shipment instead of Air. Is this a good choice?

Any comments on that will be much appreciated

Thanks
Rahul

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rumzul said:
Hi Qorax,

Thank you for this nice informative thread. I have a question regarding the good that accompany.

How about gold bullion? Can it be combined with the jewellery list or am I supposed to list it separately?

Do I need to get the value certified from any jeweler for the jewellery?

Please do let me know. Thanks in advance
Yes.
And pics too.

TAPTATANU

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dlhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Nov-2011
Doc's Request.
send with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2012
IELTS Request
04-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2012
Med's Request
24-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2012
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2012
Dear Qorax,

I am going to land Toronto on 07-Sep-2012 and hence require ur help regarding the packing list.
I will be moving Toronto from India visa Airfrance and Air Canada ,can u suggest whether the following items can be taken in Checked in Baggage.

1)Packed Razer---------Company Gillete
2)Shaving cream----100 gms-----Paster type
3)Tooth paste--------100 gms----Paste type
4)Hair Oil-----------100 gms
5)Small scissor,nail cutter

Additionally I have gems and stones in golden ring in my hand (total number 6-7 including gems).
Do I have to carry proof of ownership at the time of immigration check and customs clearance.

I have to show CAD 17011 for me and my family at the immigration checking point at Toronto.If I carry some amount of hard cash and rest in Travel card without any DD/Traveler"s cheque will visa officer accept this.My banker will give me a statement where it will be shown that I am requisite CAD in my Travel card.Kindly suggest.

My wife and kid will go in the month of Mar-13 do I have to give declaration in Goods accompanying list that what are the docs they will carry at that time.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
TAPTATANU said:
Dear Qorax,

I am going to land Toronto on 07-Sep-2012 and hence require ur help regarding the packing list.
I will be moving Toronto from India visa Airfrance and Air Canada ,can u suggest whether the following items can be taken in Checked in Baggage.

1)Packed Razer---------Company Gillete
2)Shaving cream----100 gms-----Paster type
3)Tooth paste--------100 gms----Paste type
4)Hair Oil-----------100 gms
5)Small scissor,nail cutter

Additionally I have gems and stones in golden ring in my hand (total number 6-7 including gems).
Do I have to carry proof of ownership at the time of immigration check and customs clearance.

I have to show CAD 17011 for me and my family at the immigration checking point at Toronto.If I carry some amount of hard cash and rest in Travel card without any DD/Traveler"s cheque will visa officer accept this.My banker will give me a statement where it will be shown that I am requisite CAD in my Travel card.Kindly suggest.

My wife and kid will go in the month of Mar-13 do I have to give declaration in Goods accompanying list that what are the docs they will carry at that time.
Hi,

a) Those items r OK to go into ur check-in baggage.
b) Couple of jewelleries on person is OK [though listing them in the GAL is wise].
c) I've no idea on 'travel cards'.
d) Anything & everything that u intend to bring-in whenever, by whosoever, MUST be listed in the GTF. And stamped now [on ur 'landing'].

Qorax
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Ps.: Incidentally my spouse is also flying [returning] by Air France on 07-Sep-2012.

lucky4canada

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04th Dec, 2012
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
19th Dec, 2012
IELTS Request
N.A.
File Transfer...
15th Jan, 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Passport Req..
28th feb, 2013
Dear Mr. Qorax, need some clarification regarding POF to be carried when landing in Canada for first time. As I am going alone and my family will not be accompanying me as they will be sponsored under family class, do I need to carry POF for a family of 4 or just for 1 person. When I recd medicals, CIC had asked for medicals for all family members and also asked to submit POF for family of 4 i.e. $ 20600.

Also I will be taking along my laptop, a watch & a mobile. What will be other formailities.

Expert advice needed.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rahul78 said:
Hello All

I have landed in Vancouver this 4th of July and now my goods are ready to be shipped from India to Vancouver. Can anyone please advise me what the process will be. Any personal experiences will also be very welcomed. Due to the economy of the shipment, I am considering sea shipment instead of Air. Is this a good choice?

Any comments on that will be much appreciated

Thanks
Rahul
You can read my experience:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t89620.0.html;msg1137059#msg1137059

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Hi,

As far as the items that need to be pictured, do designers clothes need to be pictured? If so starting at what price point? I will be importing a car (from US), tv, etc. Is there a rule of thumb to picture items over certain value?

How do I do if I am landing separate from my spouse? I am the main applicant and I will be landing 2 days before.

Thanks ;D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
thebeast184 said:
Hi,

As far as the items that need to be pictured, do designers clothes need to be pictured? If so starting at what price point? I will be importing a car (from US), tv, etc. Is there a rule of thumb to picture items over certain value?

How do I do if I am landing separate from my spouse? I am the main applicant and I will be landing 2 days before.

Thanks ;D
1. Pics r insisted for jewelleries, heirlooms etc. Not required for other items.
2. When u 'land' first -- u should be carrying ur B4, and get it stamped.
3. When the other members of ur family r coming - if they r bringing any of those goods - they should have a 'copy' of that B4.

Qorax

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thebeast184 said:
I will be importing a car (from US), tv, etc. Is there a rule of thumb to picture items over certain value?
For car import, you have to check www.riv.ca

mishall2011

Sep 18, 2012
HELP QORAX.....ITS Me Mishall Pls Help

dear qorax
we landed on 13 sept 2012..At immigration counter evry thing went smooth except tht Visa Offices refused to accept friend address..she said tht it is mandatory to be physically appeared once the PR card dispatch to you...Before in plane KLM people told us to fill embarkment form ..In tht form we had to mentioned days of stay...so we mentioned 16 days..coz we are based in UAE and its a short stay for us...we wanted to land to do atleast first entry...so as we have mentioned 16 days Immigration officer said tht PR card take 3 to 4 weeks.. as you have given friend address we can't process your PR card request...she said tht u need to reapply for travelling document from your local country canadian consulate once u make up your mind to settle in canada..and then you can apply for PR card:( we were very upset...later we went to another section Lady was very nice she gave us brochure and welcomed us...later she told us tht if you trust your friend u can give his address ...and once your friend receive it u can arrange courier service from your country...she added tht IO are not allowed to provide alternative solution..as its very Risky to send PR Cards to person other than applicant...
Any way we provide address of our friend and fax it to PR office...we are here till 28 september....Just want to ask tht she did not ask for any picture of any of family member..how they process our PR card???Pls help
Mishall 2011

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012
i will be landing in TWO days, just a quick question;

I got a bunch of cigar lighters including some expensive zippos. May i carry them in my luggage? If yes, do i need to mention them in Accompanying List?