+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ummi said:
We are sailing in same boat....thought for a short landing but now things seems to be different there..
Dear Seniors any suggestion to solve this issue..

IO rejecting PR processing because of short stay...
is it possible to give address later before exit.
seniors pls throw some light on this issue.

Regards
No worries. You can tell Immigration Canada that you would inform them your mailing address in Canada for the PR card later. If you left Canada w/o PR card and your passport is not visa exempted, you can always apply a travel document in the Canadian consulate/embassy to enable you to return Canada.

tokon

Oct 3, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
16-09-10
AOR Received.
3.7.10 (1st AOR) & 1.10.11 (2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
6.7.10 to SVO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
February-2013
qorax said:
Bringing those things could delay ur exit considerably from the a/port. However, many things r permitted with limitation to qtys, pls read here:
http://www.beaware.gc.ca/english/brirape.shtml
Thanks Captain! The link is very important for me.

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
qorax said:
Bringing those things could delay ur exit considerably from the a/port. However, many things r permitted with limitation to qtys, pls read here:
http://www.beaware.gc.ca/english/brirape.shtml
Thanks Sir Qorax!!

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Qorax or anyone,

I need some help. I am a bit confused if the PA lands first with some of the goods to be imported he makes one list and form B4 which shows the items he brings with him correct? At the same landing the PA submits a second B4 form which will be the total for the goods to follow which he can send a copy to its spouse?

Summary:

Principal Applicant submits 2 forms B4 one for goods with him and a second one only with the goods that the spouse will bring?

Is this correct?

Thanks
Rod

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thebeast184 said:
Qorax or anyone,

I need some help. I am a bit confused if the PA lands first with some of the goods to be imported he makes one list and form B4 which shows the items he brings with him correct? At the same landing the PA submits a second B4 form which will be the total for the goods to follow which he can send a copy to its spouse?

Summary:

Principal Applicant submits 2 forms B4 one for goods with him and a second one only with the goods that the spouse will bring?

Is this correct?

Thanks
Rod
Just that attach 2 lists with the B4: 1) goods accompanying and 2) goods to be follow. Explain your situation to the BSO that you would be bringing some and your spouse will bring hers at her landing later on. After the BSO stamped the form, you can forward the form to your spouse for her landing. You can ask the BSO if your spouse need the original or copy at the time of her landing.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Steaky,

Thanks for the prompt reply. That means only one form with two lists correct?

Thanks,
ROd

steaky said:
Just that attach 2 lists with the B4: 1) goods accompanying and 2) goods to be follow. Explain your situation to the BSO that you would be bringing some and your spouse will bring hers at her landing later on. After the BSO stamped the form, you can forward the form to your spouse for her landing. You can ask the BSO if your spouse need the original or copy at the time of her landing.

ehwong

Oct 28, 2012
Qorax,

I am the sponsor of my wife and the deadline for her landing is end of April 2013. Since both of us are now residing in Hong Kong and do not have a permanent address in Vancouver, we plan to take a short trip to Vancouver in early Nov to find a place. After that, we will back to HK to do our packing and go to Vancouver for permanent next year. We do not have the full list of items to be sending to Vancouver and hence the B4 form has not been prepared now. I have some questions:

1. Shall we proceed with landing in the trip in Nov 2012 without the B4 form? or
2. We shall be entering the country as a visitor in Nov 2012 and do the landing in April 2013?
3. Do we need an address for my wife to receive the permanent resident card?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ehwong said:
Qorax,

I am the sponsor of my wife and the deadline for her landing is end of April 2013. Since both of us are now residing in Hong Kong and do not have a permanent address in Vancouver, we plan to take a short trip to Vancouver in early Nov to find a place. After that, we will back to HK to do our packing and go to Vancouver for permanent next year. We do not have the full list of items to be sending to Vancouver and hence the B4 form has not been prepared now. I have some questions:

1. Shall we proceed with landing in the trip in Nov 2012 without the B4 form? or
2. We shall be entering the country as a visitor in Nov 2012 and do the landing in April 2013?
3. Do we need an address for my wife to receive the permanent resident card?
1. It's best that she has the B4 & gets it stamped upon her 1st entry to Canada.
2. She can't if she already has the PRVs stamped.
3. Not necessarily... u can always fax them one later.

Qorax

RMALI

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
June 2009
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on Sept 7, 2012 and PPR-2 on Oct 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issue date was Oct 15, 12 and Passport received back on Nov. 07, 2012
LANDED..........
Planning for Nov 12 end or Dec 12 first week
Dear Qorax

Should I need evaluate the value of Jewellery to identified current value?
What about property declaration? If someone have property in home country then how to declare?

RMALI

qorax said:
1. Pics r insisted for jewelleries, heirlooms etc. Not required for other items.
2. When u 'land' first -- u should be carrying ur B4, and get it stamped.
3. When the other members of ur family r coming - if they r bringing any of those goods - they should have a 'copy' of that B4.

Qorax

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RMALI said:
Dear Qorax

Should I need evaluate the value of Jewellery to identified current value?
Yes if you want to bring it to Canada
What about property declaration? If someone have property in home country then how to declare?
You declare them in your annual Canadian tax return

RMALI

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Hey Guys/Gals,

Does anyone have any experience with the list of items to bring and how they should br grouped on the form B4? I have created a template that I want people to comment. See the link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AszoE12fKdArdHJQN3cyZ1MyTWdlREswWl9lT3haSEE

BTW, is it ok to combine all the categories in the good to follow tabs?

Thanks!

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Anyone please?

Thanks!

thebeast184 said:
Hey Guys/Gals,

Does anyone have any experience with the list of items to bring and how they should br grouped on the form B4? I have created a template that I want people to comment. See the link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AszoE12fKdArdHJQN3cyZ1MyTWdlREswWl9lT3haSEE

Thanks!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
thebeast184 said:
Hey Guys/Gals,

Thanks!
Do that for Electronics, BDs/DVDs, Jewelleries, Books etc. It's not required for 'clothing' & other personal effects.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Thanks master +1. So I do not report the total value for clothing or just write clothing xxxx dollars?

qorax said:
Do that for Electronics, BDs/DVDs, Jewelleries, Books etc. It's not required for 'clothing' & other personal effects.