+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

fedskill

Oct 30, 2012
out of status in the us with PR on philippine passport

Dear Qorax,

My family and I have our Canadian permanent residence visas through the federal skilled workers program. We are all out of status in usa for almost 3 years. We are going to travel by land from southern california on a uhaul truck with a trailer to carry one car. We will be entering peace arch us-Canada border in British Columbia. Am I going to be inspected by the US border patrol before I reach the Canada Border patrol?

Our Canadian lawyer based in los Angeles advised me to go back to my country of citizenship then enter Canada. PMM said that for as long as you have your COPR, valid passports and proof of funds, you will be okay. Now, I am confused because the US border patrol might arrest and then deport us.

Can you please give me your second opinion or advice before I proceed to cross the border by land? what usually happens?

Thanks in advance.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: out of status in the us with PR on philippine passport

fedskill said:
Dear Qorax,

My family and I have our Canadian permanent residence visas through the federal skilled workers program. We are all out of status in usa for almost 3 years. We are going to travel by land from southern california on a uhaul truck with a trailer to carry one car. We will be entering peace arch us-Canada border in British Columbia. Am I going to be inspected by the US border patrol before I reach the Canada Border patrol?

Our Canadian lawyer based in los Angeles advised me to go back to my country of citizenship then enter Canada. PMM said that for as long as you have your COPR, valid passports and proof of funds, you will be okay. Now, I am confused because the US border patrol might arrest and then deport us.

Can you please give me your second opinion or advice before I proceed to cross the border by land? what usually happens?

Thanks in advance.
PMM is correct. As long as u r exiting the US for good -- they'd be more than happy!

jordan2110

Star Member
May 26, 2012
My wife will be here December 2nd do we need to take her necklace and wedding rings to a jeweler to get them appraised. I still have the reciepts for the jewelr. What's the reason I need to have them appraised and photographed I think its very stupid. I should be able to write down necklace cost $1000 and not have it appraised

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jordan2110 said:
My wife will be here December 2nd do we need to take her necklace and wedding rings to a jeweler to get them appraised. I still have the reciepts for the jewelr. What's the reason I need to have them appraised and photographed I think its very stupid. I should be able to write down necklace cost $1000 and not have it appraised
Not required.

Wezza

Aug 2, 2012
Dear Qorax ,

Something very important please regarding the B4 filling, for the kitchenware & crockery, do I have to detail the things like serving dishes & mentioning their sizes & colour, cutlery mentioning number & sizes dinner sets design, number & specifications, OR do we just write cutlery & value, dinner set fro 4 persons & value, serving plates different sizes & value...tec

All the thanks to your great efforts

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wezza said:
OR do we just write cutlery & value, dinner set fro 4 persons & value, serving plates different sizes & value...tec
yes, just write description and value.

Wezza

Aug 2, 2012
Dearest Steaky ,
So I just write as what you quoted from my question in the rectangle.
Thank you very much for your reply & help :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wezza said:
Dearest Steaky ,
So I just write as what you quoted from my question in the rectangle.
Thank you very much for your reply & help :)
That's correct. Say the # of quantities too: For example: 2 or 3 boxes, etc..

Wezza

Aug 2, 2012
Dearest Steaky,

But I don't know how many boxes the things will do as I'm not going to take them in one go yet, I'm counting & measuring the sizes of the dishes & the plates & describing the things in the drawers & on the shelves, so I don't know how many boxes they'll make when packed.

Also if I happen to have brand handbags but I never kept the bills, do I have to mention each bag & the value or just say handbags, number & value?

We have more than 1700 books, & over 200 dvds will I have to list the names of each or just say books & value and the same for the dvds?

I'm sure I'll be getting back to you with other questions as I go in counting our things

Thank you very much for you help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just name any quantities that would accommodate to your needs. Say in the end there were actually 9 boxes of cutleries but you listed as 20. It doesn't matter.

For brand handbags, just give the approximate market value and quantity. Same as number of boxes of Books and dvds and its approximate market value.

Wezza

Aug 2, 2012
Dearest Steaky,

Thank you very much for your help, sorry to be late in thanking you but just due to time difference I was late.

Just one more question, regarding the bags do I mention the brand as well, also the carpets do I mention the colours & sizes as well. We have some Christoffle items & some silver objects for home decorations do I take pictures of those?

Can't thank you enough

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Wezza said:
Dearest Steaky,

Thank you very much for your help, sorry to be late in thanking you but just due to time difference I was late.

Just one more question, 1)regarding the bags do I mention the brand as well, 2)also the carpets do I mention the colours & sizes as well. 3)We have some Christoffle items & some silver objects for home decorations do I take pictures of those?

Can't thank you enough
1. Brand, make & Sl. Nos. r required for electronics and expensive items.
2. YES. Being as descriptive as possible saves u a lot of hassle while clearing them here.
3. Pics r usually required for gold/diamond/heirlooms & other items of immense value.

Qorax

irfan74

Mar 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear qorax

I was not aware to take both list. I landed on 7th nov 2012. They ask me about goods to follow and i told them that I will bring just
clothes n money. They didn't ask me about amount of money. Now what can i do. Can I give good to follow list now. Some body told that
I can give them List now.

Waiting for your response.

Irfan

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
irfan74 said:
Dear qorax

I was not aware to take both list. I landed on 7th nov 2012. They ask me about goods to follow and i told them that I will bring just
clothes n money.
They didn't ask me about amount of money. Now what can i do. Can I give good to follow list now. Some body told that
I can give them List now.

Waiting for your response.

Irfan
U don't [usually] require a GTF-B4 for personal garments & minor items.