+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

irfan74

Mar 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
U don't [usually] require a GTF-B4 for personal garments & minor items.
Dear qorax

Thnx for your reply. But I want to bring some money also in future. What should I do. Can I submit now Goods To follow list.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
irfan74 said:
Dear qorax

Thnx for your reply. But I want to bring some money also in future. What should I do. Can I submit now Goods To follow list.
Form-B4 is for 'goods'... not for monies or fixed assets.
BTW u can bring-in as much funds as u desire, anytime... they do not attract a/ny tax.

irfan74

Mar 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Form-B4 is for 'goods'... not for monies or fixed assets.
BTW u can bring-in as much funds as u desire, anytime... they do not attract a/ny tax.
Thnx for your reply. You are doing a great work . One more question that I will be back my home country after PR card. Should I apply
health card now or after when I will permenantly transfer in canada after 6 months.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irfan74 said:
Thnx for your reply. You are doing a great work . One more question that I will be back my home country after PR card. Should I apply
health card now or after when I will permenantly transfer in canada after 6 months.
After 6 months you permanently transfer in Canada

Wezza

Aug 2, 2012
Wezza said:
Dearest Steaky,

Thank you very much for your help, sorry to be late in thanking you but just due to time difference I was late.

Just one more question, regarding the bags do I mention the brand as well, also the carpets do I mention the colours & sizes as well. We have some Christoffle items & some silver objects for home decorations do I take pictures of those?

Can't thank you enough

mogliboy04

Apr 10, 2012
Dear Quorax,

I have landed in Toronto. I had not submitted Goods to follows list at time of entry to Immigration officer.
I have heard that they are accepting goods to follow list after landing also.
Can you tell me where i can submit goods to follow list now in Toronto, except Airport ?

Thank you...

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Wezza - Qorax answered you perfectly

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html;msg1913532#msg1913532

@ mogllboy 04 - Contact CBSA for a local office in Toronto so that you can explain your situation and declare your goods to follow

suboor1

Jan 30, 2011
Thank you, qorax, steaky and everyone else who's been posting, for such a fabulous thread! I'm landing, God willing, on 10th Jan 2013, and this thread has been very helpful in clearing up a lot of confusion about B4!!!

Best regards to all!

-A

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Hi, I just want to know, if we can mention a Gold bar (e.g. 100grams) in accompanied goods list or Goods to follow list, The reason to bring the Gold bar will be to have it as a contingency reserve alternative fund. So we can sell it if such an emergency need arrives few years down the line.

I don't want to sell the Gold before moving, instead want to keep it because its value appreciates with time.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humsafar said:
Hi, I just want to know, if we can mention a Gold bar (e.g. 100grams) in accompanied goods list or Goods to follow list, The reason to bring the Gold bar will be to have it as a contingency reserve alternative fund. So we can sell it if such an emergency need arrives few years down the line.

I don't want to sell the Gold before moving, instead want to keep it because its value appreciates with time.
No problem. It's just like jewelries you might want to value it, take a picture and show it if necessary.

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Dear All,

Can someone kindly explain the diference between a Declaration Form (which u get in flight) and the B4 Form.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Shaikhzees said:
Dear All,

Can someone kindly explain the diference between a Declaration Form (which u get in flight) and the B4 Form.
Hi,

The "Form-B4" is specific to Canada - and for the 'goods' that a settler/returnee desires to bring-in here. The Govt. of Canada gives a 'duty waiver' to us vide that form. It's a way to assist us in our initial settling here.

The "Declaration Card" on the other hand is the usual 'disembarkation form' enacted by most nations for a/ny traveller who intends to enter their country. It's basically a 'customs form' to check on dutiable goods the person imports & against money laundering.

Both r significantly different, in format, content, requirement & purpose.

Happy New Year!
Qorax

Phobos

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-09
Doc's Request.
09-07-10
AOR Received.
28-07-10
Med's Request
05-03-12
Med's Done....
18-04-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-11-12
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-12
LANDED..........
23-01-13
Hi qorax,

I am planning to land in Canada during January. I have a small coins collection, which I mostly collected from my grand parents, old relatives, my own travels, friends coming from abroad etc. Not a single one purchased. Some of them are old (Oldest being 80 years old). I need to know how to declare them. I think I need to take their pictures. If I take picture of them individually, it will be a huge folder. Is it ok if I take them together (10-20 in each picture)?

Secondly, how do I value them? I don't know any antique dealer who would be able to evaluate their value correctly. Even if I get them valued, every individual will value them differently. It is very hard to guess their true worth. What should I do?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Phobos said:
Hi qorax,

I am planning to land in Canada during January. I have a small coins collection, which I mostly collected from my grand parents, old relatives, my own travels, friends coming from abroad etc. Not a single one purchased. Some of them are old (Oldest being 80 years old). I need to know how to declare them. I think I need to take their pictures. If I take picture of them individually, it will be a huge folder. Is it ok if I take them together (10-20 in each picture)?

Secondly, how do I value them? I don't know any antique dealer who would be able to evaluate their value correctly. Even if I get them valued, every individual will value them differently. It is very hard to guess their true worth. What should I do?
Hi,

1. Under most circumstances u'd not require to either take their pics or get a valuation cert, unless u r bringing in Kgs.
2. Just mention "a bag of old coins" in ur B4 -- and place a self valued figure.
3. U may like to take a pic-printout of the most valuable coins (like the 80-yr old u mentioned).
4. Yes, placing many of them into one A4 sheet pic is perfectly acceptable.

Happy New Year!
Qorax