+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

asa16

Jan 30, 2020
Hi all,

I will be doing a soft landing in a couple of days in Vancouver.
Do we need to get the Jewellery appraised and include the evaluated value?

Thanks,
Ankit

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Hi,
For the bsf186 form do they verify every item you have on the form? For jewelry do I have to write the exact value in CAD or an approximate value is good enough? I'm the PA and my dependent will come later. In this case both of us has to fill out separate bsf186 forms right?

chinnu111

Nov 3, 2019
The first person to land in the family, gets the forms stamped.
Hi Qorax,

First ,I thank you so much for this post with enough details. But I have a few doubts on certain things as shown below. Could you please answer as soon as possible as Iam travelling on September 8th 2020.

1. I am travelling on Work permit and moving from USA to Halifax, NS. I hope, I need to select the SETTLER option in B4 form on Page 2. Am I correct?

2. I am travelling via air with accompanying things for my initial stay in an AirBNB Suite - Do I need to create a B4 list for the accompanying things?

3. I have already moved my Household things using a moving company and got the mover's Inventory List. Can I check the Mover's Inventory List instead of BSF186A option on additional list of goods and also to check the Goods To Follow option. Am I correct ?

4. There are three Canadian addresses under the account of my name as of now. I just want to make sure which address I can put it on the Importer's address.
A. For my initial Stay to complete the quarantine, I have booked an AirBnB suite where I am going to stay
B. I will be moving from AirBnB to an apartment from October 1st onwards.
C. My Household Items will be delivered to the Moving company address at Dartmouth which is shown as my Consignee Main Delivery address on my mover's Inventory List.

5. I hope the address "C" needs to be filled on the Importer's address column.

6. My First POE will be Montreal and then I am moving to Halifax, Can I put the Signed at column as "Montreal" and have the B4 print out ready.

7. Do I need to create two copies of My B4 and the Mover's Inventory List and keep it ready to show at my Destination Location (Halifax)?. I have a transit of Charlotte -> Montreal -> Halifax.

8. In my case, I haven't added the list of goods which I am accompanying on my BSF186 form. I have segregated the list of Goods to Follow into 7 categories and written their value on the BSF 186 form and also checked the GTF option. Is this enough or Do I need to create a separate BSF 186 form for the accompanying checked in goods in hand.

Thanks
Chinnu

Last edited:

viviliaZ

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
Can goods Accompanying be only B4 Form w/ the excel sheets attached
and Goods to follow be B4A form w/ excel sheets attached - filled similarly lk B4 with summary of totals for each category?
If goods to follow are coming in Cargo-do we need to provide them cargo details in the form?
I see no place for it in B4A

Feb 5, 2024
Afghanistan
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
J1 Stu
NOC Code......
+93
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..