+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

profahmed

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
january2010
Doc's Request.
march 2010
AOR Received.
june2010
Med's Request
19th june 2012
Med's Done....
25th june2012
Interview........
waived

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012
I got two major questions:
1st: We are three, will be flying to Canada in coming Sept/Oct. Two adults and a child of 4.5 years.. How much amount can i carry with me? Approx. $30,000 ($10,000 per head) or less?
2nd: I am a smoker, smoke alot.. how many cigarettes should i carry? I heard i can only carry 10 packs of cigarettes.. means 200 cigarerres? So How many I can? on 3 tickets? (Two adults n a child)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mythestic said:
I got two major questions:
1st: We are three, will be flying to Canada in coming Sept/Oct. Two adults and a child of 4.5 years.. How much amount can i carry with me? Approx. $30,000 ($10,000 per head) or less?
2nd: I am a smoker, smoke alot.. how many cigarettes should i carry? I heard i can only carry 10 packs of cigarettes.. means 200 cigarerres? So How many I can? on 3 tickets? (Two adults n a child)
1. As much as u can/desire. No restrictions.
2. Permissibles r per family -- not per person. 200 is for the entire family.

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012
qorax said:
1. As much as u can/desire. No restrictions.
2. Permissibles r per family -- not per person. 200 is for the entire family.
I see.. about the funds, i heard one can carry $10,000 only? No restriction for immigrants or what? Please clear.. am very much confused..
Thanks alot!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mythestic said:
I see.. about the funds, i heard one can carry $10,000 only? No restriction for immigrants or what? Please clear.. am very much confused..
Thanks alot!
For every one.
There's no restriction on bringing-in any monies whatsoever.

MOK

May 28, 2012
Hi Qorax,

I have one question regarding the gold that we are allowed to bring inside Canada through B4 form.

Kindly confirm if we are also obliged to submit receipts of our Purchase of the said Gold, or only the photographs with the B4 form listing is enough.

Many Thanks,
MOK

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
MOK said:
Hi Qorax,

I have one question regarding the gold that we are allowed to bring inside Canada through B4 form.

Kindly confirm if we are also obliged to submit receipts of our Purchase of the said Gold, or only the photographs with the B4 form listing is enough.

Many Thanks,
MOK
For Jewelleries, Priceless Heirlooms, Murals, Items of hight worth...
1. Photos --a must,
2. Valuation --as close to CEV as possible,
3. Original purchase invoices --if available the better, else just the CEV.

Qorax

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Qorax,

May I write no value for all the items I'm accompanying with me as they are pretty much old and just some basic belongings. Thanks, plz plz advise.

King1965

Jul 15, 2012
Hi
first let me thank you guys for all these posts they are of pretty much help
I am having a confusing situation
last year in April I landed at Ottawa airport,but we faced a bit of a strange situation
with the officer,anyways I did not know anything about the form B4,so I did not fill it at that time and now we are returning to settle in Ottawa after one year and a half.
we want to bring my wife's jewellery and other stuff is it still OK to fill it now and treated as new comers for the first time or not.
One more question jewellery needs receipts and pics yes??? to avoid any complications

Thank you
I would appreciate a fast reply since we are flying on the 21 of july next saturday ,because we are confused what to do?
Thanks again

silvershani

May 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Form B4
Goods to Follow List &/or Goods Accompanying List
How to Fill them...

Hi all,

This is in response to the numerous PMs received requesting a copy of my Form B4. As I did it on the system & there's no way to 'save' that, I remain handicapped to forward it. Thus, this thread.

Here's what I did; & how u could do it...

ASSUMPTIONS/PROLOGUE:
a) The form B4A is an extension of the form B4 [which is the main one to file]. Writing the B4A is a similarly daunting task, thus can be avoided. I didn't.
b) As the form B4 contains 'only' 8 rows to fill the goods/items, use only 8 groups of things. How? Explained later.

WHAT U SHOULD CARRY?
U should make 2 copies of the form B4. One for the 'Goods Accompanying' & one for the 'Goods to Follow'. Alongwith the attachments. What's that? Here u go...

STEP-1:
a) Group all similar items into one list & thus make 8 lists.
b) Type these groups in Excel Sheets* [separate for each group]. Title each Sheet. And a Page No.
c) Enlist the Columns as: Sl.No | Item Description | Qty | Value (CAD) |
d) Total the Value, of each Excel Sheet.
e) Take printouts of each Excel Sheet in A4 size paper [2 copies].

*Eg. 1.Electronics, 2.Jewelries, 3.Clothing & Personal Effects, 4.Books & DVDs, 5.Gadgets & Mobile Phones, 6.Cutlery & Utensils, 7.Home Decorations & Murals AND 8.Linens & Drapers. [the Title Heading can vary as per your choice & requirement]

STEP-2:
a) Place all jewelry in Groups* & click Pictures [Must, else they'll not be accepted].
b) Title each Sheet. And put a Page No.
c) Take printouts of each Jewelry Group in A4 size paper [2 copies].
d) Make an Excel Sheet, for the Summary of the Jewelry Sheets. And place a Value against each group.
e) Total the Excel Sheet Value, in the end.

*Eg. 1.Rings, 2.Bangles & Bracelets, 3.Chains & Necklaces, 4.Cummerbunds, 5.Diamond Sets, 6.Ear-Rings & Pendants, 7.Head-Bands & Chokers etc. (each in one group/sheet). [the Title Heading can vary as per your choice & requirement]

STEP-3: [Major Step]
a) Fill-out the form B4, as per the 8 Title Headings AND write the Total Value of each Excel Sheet.
b) Make a box [by hand] at the End of the 8 rows' Value Column. Write the Total Value* of the Goods.
c) For the Name field, write the PA's name.
d) For the Importer's Address, write the Canadian Address.
e) For the Country of Export, write your Home Country's Name.
f) For the Goods to Follow BOX [below the list rows], "Tick" it.
g) At Page-2 of the form B4, "Tick" the Newcomer BOX.
h) Bottom of the Page-2, Sign, Date [the day of Landing] & Location [write your Landing POE's name].

*U must write the Total Value of the entire goods, as that's needed by the CBSA to log on their system.

STEP-4:
a) Print-it out [on regular A4 sheets], both pages [1 & 2] separately.
b) Take 2 printouts [one for the CBSA & one for U, with their Stamp, Sign & Date].
c) Staple all the Excel Sheets & the Jewelry Sheets, into each form B4.

NOTE:
1. Do not forget to take 2 printouts of each form B4 and its attachments. One will be kept by them.
2. Do not forget to take pics of the Jewelry. Else, they'll not accept it
3. Do not forget to get it stamped on landing. Sometimes the BSO doesn't ask. It's our prerogative.

*In that case they'll ask u to get it by email & visit the airport the next day for stamping your B4. Though it can be done, but u get into unnecessary hassles, time & effort. And u just have 24 hrs to do so. Which is an avoidable tension. Isn't it?

WHERE TO FIND THE FORM?
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

Hope that helped.
Qorax
+1 for the such information...

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Qorax,

May I write no value for all the items I'm accompanying with me as they are pretty much old and just some basic belongings. Thanks, plz plz advise.

I am

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lima - Peru
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please i just want to know if i can send a few things in a box to my brother before I go. I will be staying with him. They are souveniers, plates, and decorations typical of my country, trophees.,May I send it now or wait till i go??? I please need your advice. Thank you

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
111 said:
Dear Qorax,

Ma'am,

There being a column for 'value' -- u need to fill it... with something... just take ur pick.. a general, off-the-cuff, figure would do I guess.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
I am said:
Please i just want to know if i can send a few things in a box to my brother before I go. I will be staying with him. They are souveniers, plates, and decorations typical of my country, trophees.,May I send it now or wait till i go??? I please need your advice. Thank you
U can.
However, to claim it duty-free u need to land before the pkg arrives... and present ur pre-stamped B4 to the shipping agent. Else, if CBSA decides to 'mark it' as "commercial" -- ur bro could be a tad lighter in his pockets.