+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
111 said:
Dear Qorax,

Is the interest from the overseas income taxed? or the Overseas income is taxed; nothing to do with the interest?

Thanks
I u state ur overseas income during filing ur Annual Tax Returns [somewhere between Jan-Mar of the succeeding year] - the 'entire amount' becomes taxable.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
kg_bang said:
Do v have to mention medicines (few) which v r bringing along with us like routine painkillers, antibiotics, cold medicines etc in B4 form?
qorax said:
1. Limited qty of OTC meds is permissible. OTC = Over the Counter.
2. Prescription drugs r also permittted to be brought-in into Canada. However, u r required to carry the Medical Practitioner's Rx note, as well as the Clinic's/Chemist's invoice/receipt though.

They aren't needed to be noted on the B4.

Qorax

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
1st AOR on 28-07-2011, 2nd AOR 23-08-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
qorax said:
1. The form-B4 is a "facility" offered by Canada to a new settler towards enabling him/her to bring-in his/her 'currently possessed' overseas goods into Canada 'free of duty'. Thus, if u intend to bring ur gold/s inside anytime - u need to fill all of it in the GTF/GAL [as it applies]. Similarly, if u'd only bring 'some of it' till eternity - 'only fill' that much in the B4.

2. U've already paid that vide the RPRF. No more, anytime.

3. U've to demonstrate settlement funds as per the 'current' LICO. Meaning: Whatever the CIC table reg. POF suggests today - u've to bring-in that much.

4. Yes. Pls see below, as I've just replied here to someone:
Qorax
Thanks for ur reply.
Regarding POF, the time when we got PR visa, the amount for POF was CAD13,087. Dont v have to follow rules which were applicable at tht time?? :eek:

kg

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
kg_bang said:
Thanks for ur reply.
Regarding POF, the time when we got PR visa, the amount for POF was CAD13,087. Dont v have to follow rules which were applicable at tht time?? :eek:

kg
No.
B'coz funds r based on LICO, that's the 'current' index for managing costs based on real-time conditions of today.

hondubai

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2010
AOR Received.
received on 28/02/2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
27/03/2011
Med's Request
22/08/2011
Med's Done....
15/09/2011 Medical received on 11/11/11
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/5/2012 get passports back on 19/5/2012
Hi qorax, Thank you for your extraordinary thread. I would be grateful if you could clarify these points:
1-I'm wondering if I should include certain equipments and materials from my clinic in B4? In other words, is B4 for household items only or does it extend to cover business items?
2- How much discreption is enough? For example, if I have some carpets. Should I mention the dimensions/colour?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
hondubai said:
Hi qorax, Thank you for your extraordinary thread. I would be grateful if you could clarify these points:
1-I'm wondering if I should include certain equipments and materials from my clinic in B4? In other words, is B4 for household items only or does it extend to cover business items?
2- How much discreption is enough? For example, if I have some carpets. Should I mention the dimensions/colour?
Hi,

1. It's for 'household goods'. Commercial items/eqpt. aren't exempted. However, if u could garb some of them under household u might proceed.

2. Ur items should be identifiable. Thus, if u could mention it's size/s it might be better.

All the best.

Qorax

hondubai

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2010
AOR Received.
received on 28/02/2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
27/03/2011
Med's Request
22/08/2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
qorax said:
Hi,

1. It's for 'household goods'. Commercial items/eqpt. aren't exempted. However, if u could garb some of them under household u might proceed.

2. Ur items should be identifiable. Thus, if u could mention it's size/s it might be better.

All the best.

Qorax
Thank you Qorax :)

HSS

Jun 18, 2012
Dear Qorax,

Thanks for all very informative threads.....

I require help regarding B4……….

I got visa in February 2011 and same month landed at Toronto airport along with my wife. First we met visa officer and then immigration officer to complete all first time landing formalities. While stamping, Visa officer asked us if we have brought any goods with us. We replied that we brought nothing except clothes this time but we will bring more items in future. That time I was not aware about form B4. We stayed there for some time, after getting PR cards, we fly back to India in April 2011. We are now planning to return to Canada in September 2012 and want to take few things (household as well as jewelry) along with us.

My question is – Can I now list out all items accordingly as per the procedure mentioned in your thread and submit Form B4 to customs at this stage?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
HSS said:
Dear Qorax,

Thanks for all very informative threads.....

I require help regarding B4..........

I got visa in February 2011 and same month landed at Toronto airport along with my wife. First we met visa officer and then immigration officer to complete all first time landing formalities. While stamping, Visa officer asked us if we have brought any goods with us. We replied that we brought nothing except clothes this time but we will bring more items in future. That time I was not aware about form B4. We stayed there for some time, after getting PR cards, we fly back to India in April 2011. We are now planning to return to Canada in September 2012 and want to take few things (household as well as jewelry) along with us.

My question is – Can I now list out all items accordingly as per the procedure mentioned in your thread and submit Form B4 to customs at this stage?
Technically u should get ur GTF stamped while entering Canada for the 1st time. However, I've noticed a few could yet get it stamped during their 2nd or 3rd entry as well. U could play naive & request the BSO for it... in all probability it'd be accepted. U don't have a choice now, do u?

Qorax

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Qorax

If I don't have the selling bill of my gold with me during landing, will that be a problem. because I had purchased my turquoise pendant a long time ago, hence I threw out the receipt. ?

Thanks again.

hondubai

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2010
AOR Received.
received on 28/02/2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
27/03/2011
Med's Request
22/08/2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
111 said:
Dear Qorax

If I don't have the selling bill of my gold with me during landing, will that be a problem. because I had purchased my turquoise pendant a long time ago, hence I threw out the receipt. ?

Thanks again.
My understanding is that you need only pictures and approximate value in CAD$

oilsand

Star Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2012
I commend you for the effort in making this thread, I'm grateful that I came across this post at my time of need.

Sir, I recently received back my passport with the visa stamp and COPR, I'm currently here in Canada (work permit) and planning of landing at one of the land border crossing down south of Calgary. My questions are:

1. How do I classify the jewellery in our possession at this time, do I put them under GTF or GACC?
2. We are planning of going for vacation this Autumn to attend a wedding thus bringing the jewellery, do I have to present the GTF or GACC list before we fly out, do I need a stamp or anything to confirm that we had this jewllery with us here in Canada?
3. On our arrival, do we have to declare again this jewellery, do we need to show the CBSA the list with their stamp?

I appreciate your kind input with regards to the above queries.

tinytortoise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Houston, Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2013
It asks for the value in Canadian Dollars. Is this what the value of the product is now or when it was new?

For example, I bought a shirt for $30US, but if I sold it now I could get maybe $3 for it.
Another example, paid $900 for my sofa, value if I sold it on Craigslist I could get maybe $350ish.
And books! I have so many books, do I go by the Canadian price on the tag or what it's worth if I sold itnow. $.50-$1

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tinytortoise said:
It asks for the value in Canadian Dollars. Is this what the value of the product is now or when it was new?

For example, I bought a shirt for $30US, but if I sold it now I could get maybe $3 for it.
Another example, paid $900 for my sofa, value if I sold it on Craigslist I could get maybe $350ish.
And books! I have so many books, do I go by the Canadian price on the tag or what it's worth if I sold itnow. $.50-$1
CEV (Current Estimated Value)