+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

w3soul

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2011
IELTS Request
6.5 send with application
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
19-12-2011
Interview........
waived Inshallah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 09-07-2012
LANDED..........
Inshallah September 2012
Brother Mitali !

PM was send to you........reply still awaited.
It's URGENT.

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Qorax,

Thank you for your valuable opinion. When I was a student back then in India and Uk, once we landed we had to register ourselves with the police as foreigners, are we supposed to do the same thing in Canada?

Plz reply, thank u so much!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
111 said:
Dear Qorax,

Thank you for your valuable opinion. When I was a student back then in India and Uk, once we landed we had to register ourselves with the police as foreigners, are we supposed to do the same thing in Canada?

Plz reply, thank u so much!
Nope.
And once u 'land' u r no more 'foreigners'... u get to be a PR, a quasi-citizen of this great nation that we r deeply in love with!

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Qorax

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Qorax,

In the B4 form which I saved by the link you provided, it does not mention the total value of goods and model numbers? should I just write it on the B4 form myself? Plz reply, thank u so much.

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Qorax,

Please clarify this as I'm a little confused, I have read your thread dozens of times but I still dont know if I can include my goods to accompany list in the B4 without excel sheets?
Also should the B4 be typed or hand written. Plz reply

Thanking you in advance.

nick_s

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
Hi all,
There is one thing that I still don't understand. Do we need to list the quantity of the items? Clothes for example. Do I need to list how many clothes do we bring for me, my wife, and a 5 y.o son? Same thing for kid toys, books, etc. It'll be an impossible mission. Or, do we need to just say something like:
1. Clothing - $500
2. Books - $100
3. Kitchen supplies - $100

Anyone?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
111 said:
Dear Qorax,

Please clarify this as I'm a little confused, I have read your thread dozens of times but I still dont know if I can include my goods to accompany list in the B4 without excel sheets?
Also should the B4 be typed or hand written. Plz reply

Thanking you in advance.
1. If u've around 8 items or less -- u don't need the .xls sheets.
2. Hand written - u can... but won't it look shoddy?

Qorax

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear qorax,

Thank u for your earlier reply. In the B4 form which I saved by the link you provided, it does not mention the total value of goods and model numbers? should I just write it on the B4 form myself? Plz reply, thank u so much!.

I am

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lima - Peru
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
U can.
However, to claim it duty-free u need to land before the pkg arrives... and present ur pre-stamped B4 to the shipping agent. Else, if CBSA decides to 'mark it' as "commercial" -- ur bro could be a tad lighter in his pockets.
Thank you Qorax for the advice. I better then do it just before i go so the package gets there afterwards.

udayaradhya

Jan 6, 2011
Bangalore - India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Qorax....first of all, thanks for all the information. Here is my question:

I am landing first in August. I will declare the Goods accompanying and GTF list when I land. Now the authorities will have a copy of it plus i will have another copy of it.

My wife and my kid will be landing in October. When they land, obiously they will not need to declare anything as i have already declared everything, right?

Questions -
(1) When my wife lands in October, will they check their database and open my file, and verify the goods during her time of landing?

(2) Should she carry a copy of 'Goods to Follow' list that i had declared before? (in which case, i will have to scan mine and send it to her to print and bring it along)?

(3) Aprart from the goods list, should i declare/fill anything about my family to come later?

(4) What are the formalities that my family has to undergo when they land in October?

Thanks
Uday Aradhya

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Qorax,

Plz Plz reply
In the B4 form which I saved by the link you provided, it does not mention the total value of goods and model numbers? should I just write it on the B4 form myself, without excel sheets cuz its less than 8 items? Plz reply, thank u so much!.