+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

niafots

Sep 25, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
App. Filed.......
20-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
IELTS Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Hi everyone,

I'm flying out na po this coming September I just want to ask regarding sa proof of funds na ipapakita sa port of entry. They said it can either be cash, wired money or traveller's check. Ayoko naman po magdala ng maraming cash and 'yung bank ko dito sa Philippines, di nagbibigay ng draft check kapag walang dollar account. Kung bibili pa po ako ng USD then convert sa CAD, di po ba masyadong magastos?

Iniisip ko po kasi na di ko muna dalahin lahat yung money, itransfer na lang kapag may bank na ako sa Canada pero sabi sa PDOS, kailangan daw po dalahin lahat. Any suggestions po?

Thank you in advance!

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Hi everyone,

I'm flying out na po this coming September I just want to ask regarding sa proof of funds na ipapakita sa port of entry. They said it can either be cash, wired money or traveller's check. Ayoko naman po magdala ng maraming cash and 'yung bank ko dito sa Philippines, di nagbibigay ng draft check kapag walang dollar account. Kung bibili pa po ako ng USD then convert sa CAD, di po ba masyadong magastos?

Iniisip ko po kasi na di ko muna dalahin lahat yung money, itransfer na lang kapag may bank na ako sa Canada pero sabi sa PDOS, kailangan daw po dalahin lahat. Any suggestions po?

Thank you in advance!
Hello, Kabayan. From what I read in other threads, you can also get an updated copy of your statement of account from your bank apart from bringing cash, travelers checks, demand draft/bank draft. Basta dapat your funds are accessible if you do it this way, like via a debit card/ATM card with PLUS access. Plus is the agreement between banks similar to Bancnet and Megalink here in the Philippines.

Just for everyone's reference: could you please share which bank (and branch) did not let you get a demand draft without a USD account?

I've heard BPI allows bank drafts even if you don't have USD accounts. BPI has agreements with Scotia Bank so you may want to check out their services. Maybe Ms @bellaluna can enlighten us if what I surmised from my research is correct?

Alternatively, try the services of HSBC which has a strong presence in Canada. However, a word of caution: they are very strict with security and may not issue demand drafts if you are not a depositor.

Sana nakatulong ito. Congratulations po @niafots ! Happy landing

Last edited:
Reactions: niafots

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance!
Yes, converting PHP to USD to CAD is wasteful.

Are you BPI or BDO? I'm guessing BDO because I don't think I've heard that USD policy with BPI...but you do need to be a BPI account holder to get a bank draft done, if I'm not mistaken. I did have a USD account with BPI but I don't recall them needing to verify it when I requested for CAD drafts.

If that's the case and you don't have a BPI account, get a friend or relative with a BPI account to get the CAD draft done in your name, and pay them back.

niafots

Sep 25, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
App. Filed.......
20-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
IELTS Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
I am with PBCOM po Alphaland Southgate branch.. I only have a checking account with them so it wouldn't be very accessible. I am trying to open an account online with Scotiabank po. I'll be wiring the money para po may maipakita ako sa port of entry.

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
I am with PBCOM po Alphaland Southgate branch.. I only have a checking account with them so it wouldn't be very accessible. I am trying to open an account online with Scotiabank po. I'll be wiring the money para po may maipakita ako sa port of entry.
I attended a free webinar ("Know before you go") with prepareforcanada.com: http://info.prepareforcanada.com/live-webinars-for-newcomers-to-canada?_ga=2.48184174.87369022.1503626974-860776931.1502259158
This is where I first found out that BPI and ScotiaBank have tie-ups for Canada newcomers. There are Know Before You Go sessions scheduled for today and tomorrow--- you might want to attend for the Q&A since there's usually someone from ScotiaBank who speaks regarding banking in Canada.

My husband and I opened an HSBC account (madugo ang opening though, marami silang requirements) and also spoke with our HSBC representative regarding their Canada newcomers services, which is where I found out about PLUS.

Reactions: niafots

niafots

Sep 25, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
App. Filed.......
20-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
IELTS Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
I attended a free webinar ("Know before you go") with prepareforcanada.com: http://info.prepareforcanada.com/live-webinars-for-newcomers-to-canada?_ga=2.48184174.87369022.1503626974-860776931.1502259158
This is where I first found out that BPI and ScotiaBank have tie-ups for Canada newcomers. There are Know Before You Go sessions scheduled for today and tomorrow--- you might want to attend for the Q&A since there's usually someone from ScotiaBank who speaks regarding banking in Canada.

My husband and I opened an HSBC account (madugo ang opening though, marami silang requirements) and also spoke with our HSBC representative regarding their Canada newcomers services, which is where I found out about PLUS.
I'll probably join tomorrow since I am running on data at the moment. PLDT line is acting up..

Thank you po for this!

vernzdc

Aug 29, 2017
I'm saying you should make one so that it will allow you to apply to PNPs to add 600 points and get an ITA.
Hi. Just wanna clarify. When you make an Express Entry profile does it automatically mean na may PNP application ko na din? Or gagawa ka rin ng separate PNP application after? Sorry just new here. Our CRS is also just 400. So we(my husband and I) are thinking mag apply ng PNP to get more points sakali. Thanks in advance. =)

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Thanks for replying. One more thing. Would it be possible to apply to multiple provinces or choose lang ng one province to send PNP application to?
Stipulation on some PN Programs state that you should not have an active immigration application with other provinces, example: Manitoba
source: http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/

Who cannot apply to the MPNP?
The following are not eligible to submit an application to the MPNP:

• Refugee claimants, or individuals involved in a federal appeal or removal process
  • Live-in Caregivers currently living in Canada
  • Temporary foreign workers currently working and residing in a province other than Manitoba
  • Spouses of Canadian citizens or permanent residents
  • Individuals who have been refused by the MPNP within the last six months and who are not able to address the reason(s) for refusal
  • Individuals who have an active immigration application with any other provincial immigration program in Canada
Good luck po sa applications!

Last edited:

vernzdc

Aug 29, 2017
Hello everyone. I have question regarding proof of funds. I was told na if you receive a VALID JOB OFFER, you won't be needing proof of funds or show money? Just wanna to clarify is that's true. And what exactly is a VALID JOB OFFER? Thanks is advance =)

CIIP Philippines

May 27, 2016
Good day everyone!

Planning for Canada - CIIP is having several sessions in the coming weeks in the following locations:
Manila
Cebu
Baguio
Batangas
Laoag
Singapore
Ho Chi Minh City

Join our session to learn about how to find the best opportunities for your career and settlement in Canada.
Funded by the IRCC, our services are provided for free to all economic class immigrants who have not yet landed in Canada.

You can attend as soon as you receive the medical notification letter. No need to wait for the PPR or visa.

Register now!
Email us at info@ciip-accc.ph or call +63 817 0726 local 105 for more information.

Visit www.facebook.com/PlanningforCanadaPhilippinesCIIP/ to see comments and success stories from our participants.

Reactions: angelistamaria