+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

Aug 31, 2017
Just want to throw a question to anyone who can answer. =)

Nakareceive na kasi ako ng PPR email to submit my passport. Nalilito lang ako dahil mukhang iba yung requirements na sinabi dun sa email tapos dun naman sa checklist ng VFS Global, mas madami pang requirements ang nakalista.

Sa PPR email, eto lang yung hiningi:

1. One copy of this letter.
2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
4. Completed and signed Appendix B form (enclosed).

Tapos dun naman sa VFS Global website, marami pa hinihingi:
FORMS LIST
o Generic Application Form to Canada (IMM 0008)
o Schedule A: Background Declaration (IMM 5669)
o Additional Dependants /Declaration (IMM 0008DEP)
o Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM5662)
o Schedule 3: Economic Classes – Federal Skilled Workers (IMM 0008 – Schedule 3)
o Additional Family Information (IMM5406)
o Use of Representative (IMM5406)
DOCUMENTS LIST
o Travel documents and passports
o Proof of Admission (if applicable)
o Proof of Language Proficiency
o Letter of Attestation OR Official Transcripts (only for applicants applying for the PhD stream)
o Arranged Employment o Work Experience - Additional supporting documents may include: - copies of work contracts, and - copies of pay stubs.
o Copies of Canadian Educational Credential or Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Report
o Proof of Education
o Proof of relationship and status in Canada (if applicable)
o Settlement Funds
o Identity and Civil Status Documents
o Children’s information(if applicable) such as: - Birth certificates (which name their parents) - Adoption papers issued by recognized national authorities showing the legal, approved adoption of adopted dependent children, - Proof of full custody for children under the age of 18 and proof that the children may be removed from the jurisdiction of the court.
o Police Certificates and Clearances
o Proof of Fee payment
o Other Documents

Alin po dito ang susundin ko? Sabi kasi dun sa PPR email, yun lamang ang dapat isubmit.

Any advice po? And san ko po ba mahahanap yung forms under FORMS LIST?

Thanks po in advance!

holygrail15

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
hello po, will there be a difference if i get another assessment from ICAS or IQAS? my evaluation result c/o WES was a bit low.

Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2011
Major/Specialization: IT
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

Thank you in advance!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
hello po, will there be a difference if i get another assessment from ICAS or IQAS? my evaluation result c/o WES was a bit low.

Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2011
Major/Specialization: IT
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

Thank you in advance!
No.

PeachesAndMaples

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
ITA 1.4.2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
In God's Perfect Time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
I will have a layover at Vancouver for 2 and half hour. But destination is Calgary. Where will landing procedures happen, Vancouver or Calgary? If in Vancouver, will the 2 and half hour be enough? Any WhatsApp group for landing?

PeachesAndMaples

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
ITA 1.4.2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
In God's Perfect Time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
Hello, Kabayan. From what I read in other threads, you can also get an updated copy of your statement of account from your bank apart from bringing cash, travelers checks, demand draft/bank draft. Basta dapat your funds are accessible if you do it this way, like via a debit card/ATM card with PLUS access. Plus is the agreement between banks similar to Bancnet and Megalink here in the Philippines.

Just for everyone's reference: could you please share which bank (and branch) did not let you get a demand draft without a USD account?

I've heard BPI allows bank drafts even if you don't have USD accounts. BPI has agreements with Scotia Bank so you may want to check out their services. Maybe Ms @bellaluna can enlighten us if what I surmised from my research is correct?

Alternatively, try the services of HSBC which has a strong presence in Canada. However, a word of caution: they are very strict with security and may not issue demand drafts if you are not a depositor.

Sana nakatulong ito. Congratulations po @niafots ! Happy landing
Hello po. My POF is a saving account with ATM at BPI. May Plus access PO ba ito? Para bank statement nalang dalhin ko and cash.

PeachesAndMaples

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
ITA 1.4.2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
In God's Perfect Time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
If I used portion of my pof for buying airline ticket and rent cash advance and deposit, will this be accepted? Or I need to present the whole amount of 12k cad as pof upon landing?

niafots

Sep 25, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
App. Filed.......
20-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
IELTS Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Question po regarding POF pa rin. Kasi po di ba dapat 12,300 yung POF, based po sa latest exchange rate po ba yun or sa rate kung kailan ako nag apply?

And dun po sa declaration of funds sa customs since di naman po aabot ng 10,000USD ang 12,300CAD, di na po sya kailangan ideclare, tama po ba?

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Hello po. My POF is a saving account with ATM at BPI. May Plus access PO ba ito? Para bank statement nalang dalhin ko and cash.
Your ATM card should have the PLUS insignia (like the insignia for Visa, MasterCard, BancNet and Megalink can be seen in ATM/Debit cards and credit cards). As far as I know, regular BPI ATMs don't have plus access (strangely, some foreign bank cards can access our BPI ATM machines with the Plus insignia on the signage at the top of the machine). You can ask your BPI branch for clarification. Good luck and happy landing!

Last edited:

PeachesAndMaples

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
ITA 1.4.2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
In God's Perfect Time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
Your ATM card should have the PLUS insignia (like the insignia for Visa, MasterCard, BancNet and Megalink can be seen in ATM/Debit cards and credit cards). As far as I know, regular BPI ATMs don't have plus access (strangely, some foreign bank cards can access our BPI ATM machines with the Plus insignia on the signage at the top of the machine). You can ask your BPI branch for clarification. Good luck and happy landing!
Thank you. Will ask BPI then for clarification.

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Hi! Has anyone tried opening a Scotiabank Startright program account from the Philippines?

Just wanted to know if it's really that efficient and useful. I wanted to look into other options for POF apart from a demand draft or PLUS-accredited card from just one bank. Don't want to put all the eggs in one basket. :p

Reactions: niafots

bubuchacha

Sep 5, 2017
Hello po, I am a newbie here and is planning to apply an Express Entry. I have been back-reading this thread and I find this/you guys very helpful. :)

I do hope na mabigyan nyo din po ako ng konting tips. hehe TIA!
I am 27 and is working on IT industry for almost 7years. Then, my elder sister is a PR in Calgary. I haven't assessed correctly ung CRS ko, since I am planning to the following pa lang.

1. Assess Education via WES
- I have started to create my profile. Kaso, di ko pa maproceed ng maayos kasi naiwala ko ung High School Diploma ko and di na daw nag iisue ulit ung school ng diploma pag nakuha na. They gave me Certification na graduate ako sa school na un instead + transcript. :( Enough na po ba un as supporting document? Also, pano ibinibigay ung supporting docs, scanned copy then attach sa application form lang? Or printed yung kailangan? Also, meron po bang free assessment from WES? Or may bayad talaga?

2. Take IELTS Exam
- Dito naman, I am planning to take pa lang. Nagsstart pa lang ako magbasa basa at konting review. Hopefully, maging maayos ang results. -crossed fingers-

Appreciate po ung help nyu dun sa concerns ko above. And if may additional tips po kayo sa mga newbie sa process ng application. hehe Thank you po ng madami!

niafots

Sep 25, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
App. Filed.......
20-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
IELTS Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Hi, that's what I did, just waiting for the confirmation from Scotiabank. They said it would take 5 business days.

I'll update you once confirmed.

Hi! Has anyone tried opening a Scotiabank Startright program account from the Philippines?

Just wanted to know if it's really that efficient and useful. I wanted to look into other options for POF apart from a demand draft or PLUS-accredited card from just one bank. Don't want to put all the eggs in one basket. :p[/QUOT

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Hi, that's what I did, just waiting for the confirmation from Scotiabank. They said it would take 5 business days.

I'll update you once confirmed.
Thanks @niafots ! Please do update us. I need guidance on this. Is there a minimum deposit/ opening balance for the startright program account? Please and thank you!

Reactions: niafots