+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request after 17 months...

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Really? IRCC? after passing criminal background more than a year ago, I finally got an email from IRCC which I thought was oath invitation for a second... then realized it's asking for my finger print... Got a feeling that they will never give me Canadian citizenship and are testing my limit and waiting for me to give up...

The letter says it needs to be done electronically by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), local
police, or an accredited private fingerprint agency: since Ontario doesn't have any RCMP, my only option is local police and private agency ...

Anyway, I am sure this has been asked many many times, but right now I am just too upset to search... can anyone kindly tell me:
1. I assume going to the police would be more efficient since there's no middle man and the results get directly sent to RCMP?
2. But since there are for-profit agencies doing this business, I am guessing very few police stations would do that (otherwise why would anybody use those agencies), is that right?
3. I am currently outside Canada on work assignment, can either get the print locally right away or wait till I get back to Toronto in a few weeks (before the 30-day deadline) - will sending finger print from outside Canada have any problem/drawback or negative implications?
4. How's your experience of FP with agency or police? i.e. how soon can they send it to IRCC and does IRCC give you any acknowledgement on receiving the results?

Thanks

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
No, I did mine at a security company, and it was done electronically, and the RCMP gave it to CIC within a few days. They were fast.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Really? IRCC? after passing criminal background more than a year ago, I finally got an email from IRCC which I thought was oath invitation for a second... then realized it's asking for my finger print... Got a feeling that they will never give me Canadian citizenship and are testing my limit and waiting for me to give up...

The letter says it needs to be done electronically by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), local
police, or an accredited private fingerprint agency: since Ontario doesn't have any RCMP, my only option is local police and private agency ...

Anyway, I am sure this has been asked many many times, but right now I am just too upset to search... can anyone kindly tell me:
1. I assume going to the police would be more efficient since there's no middle man and the results get directly sent to RCMP?
2. But since there are for-profit agencies doing this business, I am guessing very few police stations would do that (otherwise why would anybody use those agencies), is that right?
3. I am currently outside Canada on work assignment, can either get the print locally right away or wait till I get back to Toronto in a few weeks (before the 30-day deadline) - will sending finger print from outside Canada have any problem/drawback or negative implications?
4. How's your experience of FP with agency or police? i.e. how soon can they send it to IRCC and does IRCC give you any acknowledgement on receiving the results?

Thanks
I have no FP insights unfortunately. Just wanted to give some emotional support. Man that really sucks. My timeline is running better than yours so far (test invite after 12 months) but I totally get your frustration, especially that moment between opening the email and reading it.

First all that C6 stuff and now this. I feel I've aged a lot in the last three years :)

The optimist in ne wants to think that things will speed up now that your file somehow is back on someone's table. But in the end, who knows.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011

Thanks
https://nationalpardon.org/international-fingerprinting-services/

krishna_05

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013

Thanks
Sorry to hear that man! This really sucks, but this is all the more reason to not give up & stand your ground. Give what they need, how long do you think it can go, at some time it has to come by and that's your day!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
since Ontario doesn't have any RCMP
To be clear, actually the RCMP has numerous detachments located throughout Ontario.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/detach/en/find/ON

While I personally had my fingerprints (for immigration purposes) taken at a local RCMP office in Ontario, that was years ago. With the exception of a few locations (such as Surrey and Burnaby in BC) throughout all the Provinces (that is, even including those Provinces where the RCMP provide local police services), my understanding is that now the RCMP primarily relies on its accredited providers for purposes related to record check fingerprinting services.

Note that many (maybe most) local police agencies also do NOT provide fingerprinting services for record check purposes, but also refer applicants to an accredited fingerprinting company to be fingerprinted.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I have no FP insights unfortunately. Just wanted to give some emotional support. Man that really sucks. My timeline is running better than yours so far (test invite after 12 months) but I totally get your frustration, especially that moment between opening the email and reading it.

First all that C6 stuff and now this. I feel I've aged a lot in the last three years :)

The optimist in ne wants to think that things will speed up now that your file somehow is back on someone's table. But in the end, who knows.
Thanks! you gave me a lot of hope until the 'who knows' part lol

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
To be clear, actually the RCMP has numerous detachments located throughout Ontario.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/detach/en/find/ON

While I personally had my fingerprints (for immigration purposes) taken at a local RCMP office in Ontario, that was years ago. With the exception of a few locations (such as Surrey and Burnaby in BC) throughout all the Provinces (that is, even including those Provinces where the RCMP provide local police services), my understanding is that now the RCMP primarily relies on its accredited providers for purposes related to record check fingerprinting services.

Note that many (maybe most) local police agencies also do NOT provide fingerprinting services for record check purposes, but also refer applicants to an accredited fingerprinting company to be fingerprinted.
that's how I figured... if police stations (which are not supposed to be for profit) provide this service, it'd have to be at lower costs and none of those agencies would be able to survive..

Anyway, I found at least 2 places in downtown area with decent review, will just go to one of them for this..

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Sorry to hear that man! This really sucks, but this is all the more reason to not give up & stand your ground. Give what they need, how long do you think it can go, at some time it has to come by and that's your day!
The frustration is also due to the fact they already did it a year ago, and they did again for my PR renewal a few months ago, and now they decided No we can't trust this guy, got to see the finger print! seriously? I gave my finger print 4 times a year at the airport, and getting my eyes scanned as well since I have nexus, how incompetent and lazy do they have to be to just pull one of those records

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
Just here to offer some words of support as well. I kinda of get how you feel (what I thought to be my test invite after 12 months turned out to be FP but after 17 months...that's just brutal). BUT keep your eyes on the prize, you've made it too far to let up so when you take some moments to unwind please take a few moments to do some research about an appropriate accredited place. I did mine at one of those 'accredited offices'. I made sure to do some research and figured there is a very marginal difference in terms of the 'speed' at which the file gets to CIC (which is probably where your mind is right now). As far as I can tell it was about a 3 week period (1 to 2 weeks to send prints to RCMP, and for them to do whatever they had to do, and then mail the results to CIC - mind you, it was also during the time Canada post strike so that might have been a factor). There's of course some time gap between when your file arrives to the office, is opened, makes its way to your file and then reviewed).

From the moment I was able to confirm that the prints were received (3 weeks after I did them). I called the CIC line more often (like once every couple of weeks, each agent was able to confirm that everything is done and they willingly sent a note to the processing office. I eventually reached out to my MP and things went super fast since, although there were no promises from the MP office as to when/where anything would materialize.

Good luck!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Just here to offer some words of support as well. I kinda of get how you feel (what I thought to be my test invite after 12 months turned out to be FP but after 17 months...that's just brutal). BUT keep your eyes on the prize, you've made it too far to let up so when you take some moments to unwind please take a few moments to do some research about an appropriate accredited place. I did mine at one of those 'accredited offices'. I made sure to do some research and figured there is a very marginal difference in terms of the 'speed' at which the file gets to CIC (which is probably where your mind is right now). As far as I can tell it was about a 3 week period (1 to 2 weeks to send prints to RCMP, and for them to do whatever they had to do, and then mail the results to CIC - mind you, it was also during the time Canada post strike so that might have been a factor). There's of course some time gap between when your file arrives to the office, is opened, makes its way to your file and then reviewed).

From the moment I was able to confirm that the prints were received (3 weeks after I did them). I called the CIC line more often (like once every couple of weeks, each agent was able to confirm that everything is done and they willingly sent a note to the processing office. I eventually reached out to my MP and things went super fast since, although there were no promises from the MP office as to when/where anything would materialize.

Good luck!
The one agency in Toronto downtown tells me they get it to RCMP within 3 days (since it's digital), and will give me a link that shows the status of the processing at RCMP to track.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014

Thanks
I think it's because your case lasted so long they might want to do another round of criminal activity check... Sucks as it's like being stop by another red light after being stopped by one.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012

Good luck!
So RCMP will directly send the results to IRCC and won't send back to you to send to IRCC right? that would make more sense... but I am not confident that they work in a way that actually makes sense...

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
So RCMP will directly send the results to IRCC and won't send back to you to send to IRCC right? that would make more sense... but I am not confident that they work in a way that actually makes sense...
lol yh. The results are sent directly to CIC (via post mail I believe)