+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request after 17 months...

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
lol, you're way ahead in the game with your test and there's still movement on your file. Mine is still buried somewhere...
Other than the wait, the most annoying thing is people started asking “are you sure you haven’t done anything wrong ? How else would it take so much longer for you than anybody else “...

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Other than the wait, the most annoying thing is people started asking “are you sure you haven’t done anything wrong ? How else would it take so much longer for you than anybody else “...
The answer to this question is very plain and simple. Why declare to the whole world that you are taking Canadian Citizenship?
I applied and finished the process. Till date even my siblings do not know I have taken Canadian Citizenship.
You need to learn to keep some important things to yourself and will never be questioned by people you know.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
The answer to this question is very plain and simple. Why declare to the whole world that you are taking Canadian Citizenship?
I applied and finished the process. Till date even my siblings do not know I have taken Canadian Citizenship.
You need to learn to keep some important things to yourself and will never be questioned by people you know.
I didn’t “declare” anything, I was merely discussing among people I applied with , such as coworkers who sent their app around the same time as I did and people from this forum - and that assumption of me “declaring it to the world” is exactly the same kind of assumption I was referring to when someone starts assuming there must have been something wrong I did in the past, both are equally ridiculous and offensive

Last edited:

rooftop

Sep 7, 2018
Toronto
That’s exactly I suspect that is going have great chance of happening: my experience with Canada post has been a hit or miss over the years, and there were times when things didn’t turn up even a month after the online tracking record showed “delivered”
Whether the miss/no-show is related to mail being lost by Canada Post, or to not being opened by IRCC Scarborough office (due to the huge load of mail they receive daily and to which they do not have enough resources to promptly handle), or due to any other reason… I would recommend keeping your FP scan receipt and as soon as you confirm with CCRTIS that your results are mailed, upload the receipt to IRCC along to a cover letter saying that the results were mailed on xx date.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Whether the miss/no-show is related to mail being lost by Canada Post, or to not being opened by IRCC Scarborough office (due to the huge load of mail they receive daily and to which they do not have enough resources to promptly handle), or due to any other reason… I would recommend keeping your FP scan receipt and as soon as you confirm with CCRTIS that your results are mailed, upload the receipt to IRCC along to a cover letter saying that the results were mailed on xx date.
That goes without saying ... but I doubt there’s any use of it if it’s lost in mail other than having to be told to do it again, since RCMP doesn’t keep the FP after the check , and IRCC is not known for making things easy

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Called RCMP this morning, and was told my FP check was done and will be sent to IRCC later this week ... via REGULAR mail, not even registered mail, or something the requires signature for some sort of accountability

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Called RCMP this morning, and was told my FP check was done and will be sent to IRCC later this week ... via REGULAR mail, not even registered mail, or something the requires signature for some sort of accountability
I feel for you, it really sucks they would send you the request after 17 months! I am on 16 months now, no test invite yet

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Anyone facing delays in response time to web form queries? Been 10 days and no response, earlier they used to respond within the same day or 3 days max.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Anyone facing delays in response time to web form queries? Been 10 days and no response, earlier they used to respond within the same day or 3 days max.
my last webform (last month) took more than a week to get the same worthless response, including 'rest assured we are doing all we can to complete the process within established time frame'

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
my last webform (last month) took more than a week to get the same worthless response, including 'rest assured we are doing all we can to complete the process within established time frame'
LOL, just got the same worthless reply. We can confirm that your application is still "in process" like I had no clue prior to sending that form.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
LOL, just got the same worthless reply. We can confirm that your application is still "in process" like I had no clue prior to sending that form.
Did you contact your MP? My MP’s office told me there’s another guy from that riding who has also been waiting for as long as I have ... I wonder if that’s you lol