+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request after 17 months...

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Anyway, I did my finger print in a really old downtown building yesterday- the kind of old squeaky wood-structured interior that I haven't seen in years except for in horror movies... - apparently the business was doing really well, during my time in that office there were numerous people visiting, each for a different purpose: RCMP, FBI, pardon, etc... and the equipment was a bit questionable, other than the 'very expensive' FP scanner - so as they claimed, which looked exactly the same as those you see at the airport - they did everything on a laptop computer, including taking picture of my IDs and myself on the webcam of that laptop, which was obviously very low resolution ... anyway, the google review of this place has been generally good from past customers taking their FP there, so I will put my suspicion on hold for a while.

The lady give me a case number that I can use to call RCMP to check on the status of my case, and said RCMP would finish it within 3 business days and .... send it to Scarborough via Canada Post... really? do we really live in 2019 when the government can just update an online database for all department to cross check or ... I don't know, send an email? What happens to all the highly advanced technologies that China or Huawei have been allegedly trying to steal? Is that secret security technology called 'Canada Post'?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I have no FP insights unfortunately. Just wanted to give some emotional support. Man that really sucks. My timeline is running better than yours so far (test invite after 12 months) but I totally get your frustration, especially that moment between opening the email and reading it.

First all that C6 stuff and now this. I feel I've aged a lot in the last three years :)

The optimist in ne wants to think that things will speed up now that your file somehow is back on someone's table. But in the end, who knows.
BTW, so did you finish your entire process already? what's your time line like?
Same about aging a lot in the last 3 years...
One thing that's probably good coming out of this is: I definitely won't base my votes (if I ever get that chance, which I am not sure after 17 months...) on the immigration policies from either party, since they all succcccck ,and I had been screwed by both (C-24 and then C-6)

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
BTW, so did you finish your entire process already? what's your time line like?
Same about aging a lot in the last 3 years...
One thing that's probably good coming out of this is: I definitely won't base my votes (if I ever get that chance, which I am not sure after 17 months...) on the immigration policies from either party, since they all succcccck ,and I had been screwed by both (C-24 and then C-6)
I applied in February 2018 and recently received a test invite for early March 2019, so we will see. But I am also one of those people who is now ahead of you although I shouldn't be.

And you should base your vote on many things of course. But in what sense did you get screwed by C-6? I mean it took painfully long to pass, but would it have been better if it didn't pass?

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
[QUOTE="on the immigration policies from either party, since they all succcccck ,and I had been screwed by both (C-24 and then C-6)[/QUOTE]

On the immigration front, I still believe the cons had a much better game plan than the Libs, and had a clear vision of who can knock and who can be let in.

I am one of those that was screwed by C6- became a PR in 2014 and unfortunately had to apply with an avalanche of folks that qualified with the advent of C6...

Had been reading a Reddit post the other day that suggested that IRCC has been on a hiring spree the last year, and has specifically been looking to hire coop students for term positions to pre-screen applications. Unsurprisingly, many of these students "learn" on the job.....

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I applied in February 2018 and recently received a test invite for early March 2019, so we will see. But I am also one of those people who is now ahead of you although I shouldn't be.

And you should base your vote on many things of course. But in what sense did you get screwed by C-6? I mean it took painfully long to pass, but would it have been better if it didn't pass?
It didn’t benefit me at all, I was just about 2 months from being eligible under C24... had it been passed a few months later I wouldn’t have had to apply with a flood of newly eligible people - i would still have to deal with whatever bureaucratic crap either way, but it would have been done in a much shorter queue than after C-6. I was pretty indifferent about all the intend to stay clause since I really don’t see how it would negatively impact me given how I plan to live lol.... anyway, of course C-24 was what screwed me first , but then C-6 just screwed me equally

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
It didn’t benefit me at all, I was just about 2 months from being eligible under C24... had it been passed a few months later I wouldn’t have had to apply with a flood of newly eligible people - i would still have to deal with whatever bureaucratic crap either way, but it would have been done in a much shorter queue than after C-6. I was pretty indifferent about all the intend to stay clause since I really don’t see how it would negatively impact me given how I plan to live lol.... anyway, of course C-24 was what screwed me first , but then C-6 just screwed me equally
Oh I see, but yeah, I mean it of course sucks to be stuck in that situation, but I don't see how any government could have avoided it when they want to reintroduce smaller thresholds for citizenship.

I'm not trying to be a big defender of the government here, I just mean that this particular point can't be held against them.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
I am also one of those who became PR in 2014 and after C6 a lot of PR's, who were suddenly qualified earlier, applied along with me. That might contribute to the late processing of application and shortage of staff from IRCC.
Keep in mind, these immigration related applications are not first in first out basis. It's varied case by case. I do not know how IRCC works exactly but it seemed the timeline are all over the place according to monthly application threads in the forum.
I know it's quite frustrating to wait while seeing others who apply later get way ahead. Best of luck to you though!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Oh I see, but yeah, I mean it of course sucks to be stuck in that situation, but I don't see how any government could have avoided it when they want to reintroduce smaller thresholds for citizenship.

I'm not trying to be a big defender of the government here, I just mean that this particular point can't be held against them.
I am not against passing C-6 at all - I was all for it: what I am holding against is they had no fairness and transparency, and had no consideration of people in my situation, who stayed longer , submiy earlier and with nothing ambiguous other than a name that’s probably too common. I had repeatedly asked them if they needed my FP and I’d be gladly provide , but they had to wait for 17 months to tell me oops we do need it

I have mentioned this before : when I applied for PR back in 2013 I emailed then minister Alexander (?) and his office actually replied my email with updates on my case - I emailed the current minister’s office after 12 months, got an reply from someone who clearly didn’t not read my email about having waited for 12 months and had more than a year and half of buffer time with infrequent/ short travel history , since his reply basically was copied pasted with paragraphs saying the processing would take up to 12 months and for people who didn’t have enough days in Canada or frequent travels it would take longer

As much as I dislike the policies of the previous minister, at least the worth ethic in that office was much better than this one

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I am not against passing C-6 at all - I was all for it: what I am holding against is they had no fairness and transparency, and had no consideration of people in my situation, who stayed longer , submiy earlier and with nothing ambiguous other than a name that’s probably too common. I had repeatedly asked them if they needed my FP and I’d be gladly provide , but they had to wait for 17 months to tell me oops we do need it

I have mentioned this before : when I applied for PR back in 2013 I emailed then minister Alexander (?) and his office actually replied my email with updates on my case - I emailed the current minister’s office after 12 months, got an reply from someone who clearly didn’t not read my email about having waited for 12 months and had more than a year and half of buffer time with infrequent/ short travel history , since his reply basically was copied pasted with paragraphs saying the processing would take up to 12 months and for people who didn’t have enough days in Canada or frequent travels it would take longer

As much as I dislike the policies of the previous minister, at least the worth ethic in that office was much better than this one
I get what you mean. Generally, I agree that the Canadian Civil Service is just terribly disorganized and unreliable. That's what is so frustrating.

An example: In Germany, things can also take forever sometimes, but there is two big difference HOW that happens.
- From the outset, they tell you "this might take up to X months" but then they actually stick to that. They never go over that, they give you an absolute deadline.
- The first-in-first-out principle is upheld. If A submits their paperwork on Jan 10 and B submits their paperwork on Jan 11, the both might have to wait months, but they will make sure that A gets a reply before B does.

I experienced this just recently, because I first had to apply to the German government to be allowed dual citizenship. That also took 4-5 months. However, the feeling was remarkably different. I submitted my application to the German consulate and then was totally chill and forgot about it, because I was certain that within "up to 6 months" (which is what they said) I will get a reply. I never doubted that. Even more so, I once emailed them what the status is and within 24 hours I got a detailed and personally written email explaining exactly at what stage my application is. Among other things they literally told me: "We are currently working on applications that reached us by [exact date]. Based on our workload calculations, your application which was received at [date] will be dealt with in the Xth calendar week of 2017. After that, the case will be forwarded to the consulate, which will take another 2-3 weeks". That's how precise they were!

With my Canadian citizenship application on the other hand, I am constantly nervous that it will just fall off someones desk, that I never hear back and that - which is the worst part - I have no means to contact anyone or hold anyone accountable if nothing happens.

There are many areas in which Canada is more awesome than Germany (otherwise I wouldn't be here, lol), but man do I miss the German civil service and its reliability...

rooftop

Sep 7, 2018
Toronto
Hello itsmyid, I understand your frustration. Many of us are in the same boat (my timeline: App sent Oct 2017. Originally Mississauga; transferred to Scarborough Nov 2018; FP request 1st of Feb 2019).
I see that you already took the FP scan so I will skip the part of where to go for scanning.

CCRTIS are currently quite fast compared to what they announce which is 3 days if no match is found in their records. I did my scan on Feb 4th, and they mailed their criminal record search result on Feb 8th to IRCC Scarborough office. Canada Mail usually takes 2-3 days within same province (Ottawa to Toronto).

In my case, till Feb 21st that mail was not delivered to Scarborough (or to be more precise not reflected on my IRCC file). So I used the IRCC webform to upload the receipt of my FP scan (which includes the DCN number used to identify the FP scan) along to a cover letter stating that CCRTIS call center confirmed mailing the search result back to IRCC on Feb 8th and if that mail is not received for any reason, IRCC should inform me if they need anything else from me as CCRTIS do not keep copies of the FP or results.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hello itsmyid, I understand your frustration. Many of us are in the same boat (my timeline: App sent Oct 2017. Originally Mississauga; transferred to Scarborough Nov 2018; FP request 1st of Feb 2019).
I see that you already took the FP scan so I will skip the part of where to go for scanning.

CCRTIS are currently quite fast compared to what they announce which is 3 days if no match is found in their records. I did my scan on Feb 4th, and they mailed their criminal record search result on Feb 8th to IRCC Scarborough office. Canada Mail usually takes 2-3 days within same province (Ottawa to Toronto).

In my case, till Feb 21st that mail was not delivered to Scarborough (or to be more precise not reflected on my IRCC file). So I used the IRCC webform to upload the receipt of my FP scan (which includes the DCN number used to identify the FP scan) along to a cover letter stating that CCRTIS call center confirmed mailing the search result back to IRCC on Feb 8th and if that mail is not received for any reason, IRCC should inform me if they need anything else from me as CCRTIS do not keep copies of the FP or results.
That’s exactly I suspect that is going have great chance of happening: my experience with Canada post has been a hit or miss over the years, and there were times when things didn’t turn up even a month after the online tracking record showed “delivered”

Niketg

Feb 24, 2019
I hve completed a diploma in india through american hotel and lodging educational institute.. does anybody knws is it valid in canada

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Anyway, I did my finger print in a really old downtown building yesterday- the kind of old squeaky wood-structured interior that I haven't seen in years except for in horror movies... - apparently the business was doing really well, during my time in that office there were numerous people visiting, each for a different purpose: RCMP, FBI, pardon, etc... and the equipment was a bit questionable, other than the 'very expensive' FP scanner - so as they claimed, which looked exactly the same as those you see at the airport - they did everything on a laptop computer, including taking picture of my IDs and myself on the webcam of that laptop, which was obviously very low resolution ... anyway, the google review of this place has been generally good from past customers taking their FP there, so I will put my suspicion on hold for a while.

The lady give me a case number that I can use to call RCMP to check on the status of my case, and said RCMP would finish it within 3 business days and .... send it to Scarborough via Canada Post... really? do we really live in 2019 when the government can just update an online database for all department to cross check or ... I don't know, send an email? What happens to all the highly advanced technologies that China or Huawei have been allegedly trying to steal? Is that secret security technology called 'Canada Post'?
WTH man, this is so bad!