waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
mks0308 said:
hi,

FYI.

I have just downloaded the Manila Visa Office Specific Instructions today from the CIC Website and noticed that it has been updated - IMM 7025 E (08-2010).

Regards to all and God Bless.
The instructions are much clearer now. Though, my application sent still followed the old one. It just arrived in CIO yesterday.

Hope they won't get confused in regards to the time the new VO checklist was released.

nars

Apr 23, 2010
Phil
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2009
AOR Received.
18-11-2009
File Transfer...
25-11-2009
Med's Request
04-05-2010
Med's Done....
21-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2010
LANDED..........
August! Kakain ako ng isnow!!!
kanebo said:
hi nars,

how did you send the difference in HST to the College of Ontario? Baka ganun din pagawa sa amin coz we just sent our application last Tuesday pero we did not include the difference. Pano ba dapat isama un? Hinahabol din kasi namin ung end August. Thank you.
i only e-mailed CNO to make any necessary adjustments sa payment kasi yung payment form kung saan ilalagay mo ang preferred way to pay them ay walang option to correct or add the additional HST 'di ba :)

albert_alo

Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 11,2005
AOR Received.
18-2-2010
Med's Request
may 17
Med's Done....
June 7
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
aug 3
VISA ISSUED...
soon.. DM-Sept 21 Received Visa- Sept 28
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2010
isysy said:
to all my forummates: new or old,

our landing is very exciting, it is the most rewarding part of this journey. a new chapter in life.

all of the forms, the papers to prepare, money to spend, celebrations following AOR, IELTS, PPR and the visa, the hopes, wishes, garage sales and despidida parties, for me, what the most inspiring part is when you here the phrase, "Welcome to Canada" and we've heard it many times since we landed yesterday.

It is breathtaking and nerve racking to hear.

When we landed:

1. Vancouver International Airport, once you get out of the plane - di pa masyadong maginaw.. okay okay lang. then you follow the crowd lang.
2. for new immigrants, they color it green, you will turn a hard right turn going to a maze of doors with the the sign "New Immigrants", etc...
3. then youll line up in Service Canada counter, get a broucher and a priority number
4. once the priority number is called you'll face up with the immigration officer. nakakatakot yung sa amin because we were asked to transfer to another section where the working and student visas are... but friendly yung immigration officer.
5. he asked fif i am married, with kids, and travelled to Canada before.
6. asked me and my wife to sit down for a moment
7. called me back coz I got a mistake in the phone number (you dont need to memorize it pala, you can carry a small notebook with you). he let me place the address and the phone number in a piece of paper.

8. called me up again to sign the CPR and my wife also did hers. I almost touched the green line out of the white box. he'll ask you to use his own pen.

9. he asked for the declaration card and he stamped it. at this point, if you are coming with a family, you might want to sit back again, if you are alone or with only your spouse, then you can wait..

10. wait for that moment when he tells you that the PR card will be sent to the address in 2-3 weeks. then the words... "Welcome to Canada"

that's it you're done. my wife even asked for the priority number as a souvenier. Customs process is nothing, just give the piece of paper and go... if you're connecting to a domestic flight, just move on like you're doing a regular check-in. there's no such thing as 'check-through'

at least with Air Canada, make sure its 23 kilos each bag, otherwise you have to take off some and do a hand carry which should not exceed a total of 10kg per person including backpacks/paperpags/etc.

that would be it.

we got our SIN this morning. applied for the alberta health card, then went to HSBC and they opened us a FREE first time immigrant checking and savings account with ATM cards and phone+online banking. very convenient.

So, this is it. Job interviews and more job hunting na bukas. bibisitahin namin yun mga centers as advertised by CIIP. we'll check it out.

Hope to see you guys here. Please keep in touch.

This is it, we are here. A new challenge has begun.

Thanks to all, I'll keep in touch soon.
Good luck isysy and thanks for sharing your landing experience.. . looking forward to that experience soon..

kanebo

Oct 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 04, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 23, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 12, 2010
Med's Request
May 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 01, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 04, 2010
nars said:
i only e-mailed CNO to make any necessary adjustments sa payment kasi yung payment form kung saan ilalagay mo ang preferred way to pay them ay walang option to correct or add the additional HST 'di ba :)
It's good to hear that we can just email them for the necessary adjustments...I guess we'll just have to wait for CNO's advise. Thanks.

leigh_anne

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isysy said:
to all my forummates: new or old,

our landing is very exciting, it is the most rewarding part of this journey. a new chapter in life.

all of the forms, the papers to prepare, money to spend, celebrations following AOR, IELTS, PPR and the visa, the hopes, wishes, garage sales and despidida parties, for me, what the most inspiring part is when you here the phrase, "Welcome to Canada" and we've heard it many times since we landed yesterday.

It is breathtaking and nerve racking to hear.

When we landed:

1. Vancouver International Airport, once you get out of the plane - di pa masyadong maginaw.. okay okay lang. then you follow the crowd lang.
2. for new immigrants, they color it green, you will turn a hard right turn going to a maze of doors with the the sign "New Immigrants", etc...
3. then youll line up in Service Canada counter, get a broucher and a priority number
4. once the priority number is called you'll face up with the immigration officer. nakakatakot yung sa amin because we were asked to transfer to another section where the working and student visas are... but friendly yung immigration officer.
5. he asked fif i am married, with kids, and travelled to Canada before.
6. asked me and my wife to sit down for a moment
7. called me back coz I got a mistake in the phone number (you dont need to memorize it pala, you can carry a small notebook with you). he let me place the address and the phone number in a piece of paper.

8. called me up again to sign the CPR and my wife also did hers. I almost touched the green line out of the white box. he'll ask you to use his own pen.

9. he asked for the declaration card and he stamped it. at this point, if you are coming with a family, you might want to sit back again, if you are alone or with only your spouse, then you can wait..

10. wait for that moment when he tells you that the PR card will be sent to the address in 2-3 weeks. then the words... "Welcome to Canada"

that's it you're done. my wife even asked for the priority number as a souvenier. Customs process is nothing, just give the piece of paper and go... if you're connecting to a domestic flight, just move on like you're doing a regular check-in. there's no such thing as 'check-through'

at least with Air Canada, make sure its 23 kilos each bag, otherwise you have to take off some and do a hand carry which should not exceed a total of 10kg per person including backpacks/paperpags/etc.

that would be it.

we got our SIN this morning. applied for the alberta health card, then went to HSBC and they opened us a FREE first time immigrant checking and savings account with ATM cards and phone+online banking. very convenient.

So, this is it. Job interviews and more job hunting na bukas. bibisitahin namin yun mga centers as advertised by CIIP. we'll check it out.

Hope to see you guys here. Please keep in touch.

This is it, we are here. A new challenge has begun.

Thanks to all, I'll keep in touch soon.
congrats isyisy!!! God bless on your new life ahead...

Reactions: Aabt

silverfox

Oct 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-03-12
Med's Done....
19-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-03-12 received on 11-04-12
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-12 received on 28-04-12
LANDED..........
july 24, 2012
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to ask especially those who are done with their medicals...

Did you actually bring with you your previous medical records to the DMP? Would it be all right not to disclose previous breast ultrasound results showing fibrocystic breast condition? Research on this condition revealed that "Fibrocystic breast changes are very common. Women with this noncancerous (benign) condition often experience lumpy, painful breasts. Although once called fibrocystic breast disease, the condition is so common — especially in premenopausal women — that most experts now refer to the condition as fibrocystic breast changes".

We'll have our medicals this Monday, hope you could shed some light on this.

Thanks!

absolutRON

May 29, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 04 '09
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2010
AOR Received.
Feb 25, 2010
Med's Request
April 14, 2010
Med's Done....
May 05, 2010 and was sent May 18, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 18 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2010
silverfox said:
Hello everyone!

Did you actually bring with you your previous medical records to the DMP? Would it be all right not to disclose previous breast ultrasound results showing fibrocystic breast condition? Research on this condition revealed that "Fibrocystic breast changes are very common. Women with this noncancerous (benign) condition often experience lumpy, painful breasts. Although once called fibrocystic breast disease, the condition is so common — especially in premenopausal women — that most experts now refer to the condition as fibrocystic breast changes".

Thanks!

Hi Silverfox!

From what I've known, they're quite particular with your previous Medical History for the last five years. In my case, I had a major operation that happened in 1998, I did mention this during my medicals when i was asked by the examining physician, he just wrote it but he didn't require me to produce a medical record of such. I also didn't receive a follow-up call. As you have stated, it's just common and I guess a normal physiologic response, so I think there's nothing wrong if you'll tell them about it..

I hope others can give a more accurate response too! ;)

ghing

Jun 12, 2010
We are submitting our full documents third week of August. We received our 1st AOR May 3, but we are complying with the new rules, tama ba ginawa namin? Cause there are changes in submitting requirements especially sa school credentials, proof of funds, and relatives in Canada.

My husband is the principal applicant, certified true copy lang ang nahingi sa TOR. Pero me copy kasi sya ng Red Ribbon ng CHED 2007 pa, puede ba yon na lang ipasa? Yung sa akin naman pina certified true copy ko lang sa school ko, okey na ba yon?

Sa mga ka time line ko, new forms and rules din ba ginamit nyo? Thanks.

Congrats to all who received their visas and those who already landed in Canada! Hopefully lahat kami dito sa forum ma experience din yon.

absolutRON

May 29, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 04 '09
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2010
AOR Received.
Feb 25, 2010
Med's Request
April 14, 2010
Med's Done....
May 05, 2010 and was sent May 18, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 18 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2010
Hi Silverfox!

From what I've known, they're quite particular with your previous Medical History for the last five years. In my case, I had a major operation that happened in 1998, I did mention this during my medicals when i was asked by the examining physician, he just wrote it but he didn't require me to produce a medical record of such. I also didn't receive a follow-up call. As you have stated, it's just common and I guess a normal physiologic response, so I think there's nothing wrong if you'll tell them about it..

silverfox

Oct 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-03-12
Med's Done....
19-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-03-12 received on 11-04-12
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-12 received on 28-04-12
LANDED..........
july 24, 2012
absolutRON said:
Hi Silverfox!

Thanks so much for your insight, absolutRon. I really appreciate it. :)

shedb

Jul 7, 2010
silverfox said:
Hello everyone!

Thanks!
do you still have lumps on your breast? if wala na then there's no reason for you to disclose it kase hindi ka naman i-uultasound so there's no way malalaman nila yan unless nga sabihin mo sa kanila. if you disclose it they may require you to undergo different test.

carlnoweast

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2009
AOR Received.
21-12-2009
File Transfer...
13-04-2010
Med's Request
13-09-2010
Med's Done....
05-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2011
LANDED..........
27-04-2011 (Surrey, BC)
Hi guys, i finally received my 2nd AOR from Manila VO after 4 months of waiting. Have sent my full docs last April and i received an email telling me that my application was temporarily suspended because there are issues to be resolved in my processing fee payment. Hayyyss! I did some inquiries at my bank (PNB) asking for the clearing date of my demand draft, even requested for a scanned copy.
Did some follow ups in Manila VO (naka-2 follow up ako) and in my last one i had attached the scanned copy...

Seems like PNB asks for more requirements from the recipient bank... hayy government bank nga naman! Unlike kung BPI or any other accredited private banks...

Kaya to all those of you who will send demand drafts, choose BPI instead of PNB. ;D para maiwasan ang hazzle. sayang din yung 4 months.. yung mga kasabay ko dito PPR na ata..

Sharing lang..

pagodaqueen

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lola_basyang said:
mga kabayan... i have a very disturbing concern please help what should i do:

anyway, me ang my partner were given the medical request already and scheduled ourselves to do our medicals this coming monday. however, my common-law partner and i, have been really shaky for quite sometime now. and my partner wants to cancel her common-law application with me.

what should i do? what will happen? im the Principal applicant and my partner is my dependent. i am able to pass the point base system without her...

can i still do the medical without her? or should i notify or whatever the embassy before doing the medical?

hoping to get enlightenment ninyu mga kabayan ^_^
Hi.

I just wanted to share this with you. Kasi before, I was hesitant to bring my partner with me because our relationship was kind of shaky this 1st quarter of 2010. Kaso lang my lawyer informed me that by not bringing him, I will lose 4 points in my application. Kung hindi ko sya dadalhin, I need to perfect my IELTS ("perfect" for them is L-7.5, R, W& S-6.5) and I have to have 2 years occupational experience in my related field for me to pass the points.

So I dthink you need to ask the embassy here in the Philippines if ganun case nyo. Sayang naman.

Good luck. :)

barok

Aug 14, 2010
Cebu, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
0631-0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14, 2009
Doc's Request.
June 18,2009
AOR Received.
June 23, 2009
IELTS Request
November 19, 2009
File Transfer...
November 19, 2009
Med's Request
February 04, 2010
Med's Done....
March 05, 2010
Interview........
September 30, 2010
Passport Req..
October 04, 2010
Hello po sa lahat ng naghihintay ng PPR, paki reply lang po sa mga naging kasabayan ko na nag medical noong February 2010, kasi po hanggang ngayon wala pa rin movement kung bakit at talaga bang ganito ang kalakaran. tapos na rin po ako magbayad ng RPRF,ano pa po ba kasunod,panawagan lang po sa mga nauna paki lang po. salamat po sa lahat!!!