+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINOS Applying for FSW Page.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
i have a question for filipino nurses on board.
if a new nursing grad takes the LPN route, does she have to apply for LPN and take the LPN exam, or does she apply directly for CRN and can get a temporary work permit as LPN while studying for CRN?
thanks.

plan2012

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
kabayans,

Im here in KSA for a year now.

I got my AOR: MAR 2008

But so far, I haven't received any advise or letter from the embassy and/or from CIC-manila.

I've already CIC, but so I'm still waiting for their reply.

Total cost on 2008: P100,000.

until now my ECASS: "in process"

I'm a Satellite field technician now. But I was a college instructor first for more than 5 yrs.

Kabayan, any similar case there?

I went here in Saudi because of PLAN: CANADA (para mag ipon ng pang-settle for my 3 dependents).

Hope to hear your thoughts soon...

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
kabayan im also in KSA....san ka dito sa saudi bro? sa al khobar ako...

for complete information you may want to check...

www.cic.gc.ca

marami na ang changes since last year and you may need to follow up with the embassy regarding your case....

plan2012

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
Salamat CPA2Canada... yup, I'm just here in KHOBAR... near DHL... near Rakah...

Yes, I'm willing to contact Manila Embassy for this matter. But as per jtob, since they don't answer phone calls, so the only way to contact them is thru fax? Did you try this before?
Also, it seems that you have filed your application alone (without any consultant... like CIC in Coastal Mall). May I now your timeline? Btw, where and what's your work here?

Also, guys, hope to hear your thoughts also on this...

I'm a Satellite Field Technician for 4 years now. Definitely, as per new rule, I'm no longer qualified for the 38 QO's.
But I was a College Instructor from 2002 to 2005. This was not 10 years ago, hence, I'm still qualified, right?

Will the embassy grade me for my current job only?

Or it will also consider my past employment?

BIG thanks.

For PLAN: CANADA!

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jtob said:
i have a question for filipino nurses on board.
if a new nursing grad takes the LPN route, does she have to apply for LPN and take the LPN exam, or does she apply directly for CRN and can get a temporary work permit as LPN while studying for CRN?
thanks.
For Toronto, NO. They will have to re-apply as LPN. If they have applied for registration as an RN and was rejected and offered to do the LPN instead. They will be asked to resubmit again all documents and wait for approval of assesment and pay another fee for that. If it gets approved, they will have to take the LPN exam before they will be allowed to practice. I don't know though how it works for the other provinces. My suggestion is for your daughters to bring at least three copies of all the usual required documents for assessment by the different nursing councils.

Alpha Romeo

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/27/2009
AOR Received.
03/03/2009
File Transfer...
10/08/2009
Med's Request
07/13/11
Med's Done....
08/17/11
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
01/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
1/30/12
LANDED..........
03/17/2012
Hello! Mam2karl,

How many years of experience do you have? Are you a CPA? We have the same NOC. Again good luck to you and your family and I'm wishing you a really good life in Canada.

mom2karl

Star Member
May 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 April
Med's Request
2009 July
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2009 November
LANDED..........
2010 March
Thanks Alpha Romeo! I have been working for 19 years. I am a CPA.

Now that I have the medical request and forms, how do I get an appointment? Do I just call them or do I have to go there to fill up some forms first?

May pasok kasi anak ko so kaya ba ng 1 day lahat? If ever we get an appointment via phone and we go there in the morning, can we finish within that day? Is there a queu?

@ jtob, how about Timbol? Why didn't you opt for Timbol? Makati is nearer my place so I won't go for St. Luke's even though you said they submit results much quicker. The 1 week difference won't matter I guess.

To those who have undergone medical exam:

Do we have to pay first before getting an appointment or can we pay on the day of the exam itself?

Re: the fees, is it required to take the HIV testing? So Php 2,500 plus 1,750 for my child plus 1,000 HIV?

Do I have to fast before going there if they're going to get blood sample from me?

Re: the 4 passport pictures, can the pictures be the same as the ones we sent in full application? I think they are canadian passport sizes which is almost the same size as phil. passport pictures.

Lastly, what are the tests to be done? Is there a threadmill test? What are your suggestions to prepare myself and my 5 y.o. son physically for the exam? Btw, what is done in the mental assessment?

That's all for now. I'm so glad there's a thread dedicated to us kababayans! Thanks to migwelder...

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
mom2karl

Now that I have the medical request and forms, how do I get an appointment? Do I just call them or do I have to go there to fill up some forms first?

best thing to do to avoid the long lines is go there a day before to fill up the forms, ang pila kasi sa pag kuha ng forms. but you can not bring the forms with you, you have to leave it there and get it when you come back for the medical exam.

May pasok kasi anak ko so kaya ba ng 1 day lahat? If ever we get an appointment via phone and we go there in the morning, can we finish within that day? Is there a queu?

they do not accept appointments, its a first come first serve basis or more accurately a first to fill up first to be served basis. nationwide is open on saturdays from 8 to 1 pm.

@ jtob, how about Timbol? Why didn't you opt for Timbol? Makati is nearer my place so I won't go for St. Luke's even though you said they submit results much quicker. The 1 week difference won't matter I guess.

i did not go to timbol or st luke's because i was worried with my 140/90 BP. those in pinoy to canada forum said they're strict with the exams and sometimes even if the limit is 140/90 they would still refer you to take extra tests. nationwide is more linient, maybe because of the volume of people. its in makati right at the back of MMC.

To those who have undergone medical exam:

Do we have to pay first before getting an appointment or can we pay on the day of the exam itself?

you pay the medical after you have filled up the forms.
procedure at nationwide was:
1. go to room 906 and get the forms.
2. fill up the forms and proceed to room 907 for eye, weight and height check.
3. proceed to the next room for payment of medical fees.
4. physical check up.
5. urine and blood test.
6. xray
7. wait for a few minutes for signal that you can go home.
all in all around 2 to 3 hours.

Re: the fees, is it required to take the HIV testing? So Php 2,500 plus 1,750 for my child plus 1,000 HIV?

for 18 above P 4000
for 11 to 17 P 2500
for 0 to 10 P1,750

Do I have to fast before going there if they're going to get blood sample from me?

no need to fast. just avoid sugary food, your blood sugar level may go up.

Re: the 4 passport pictures, can the pictures be the same as the ones we sent in full application? I think they are canadian passport sizes which is almost the same size as phil. passport pictures.

yes, its ok. the pictures should be less than 6 months.

Lastly, what are the tests to be done?

physical exam
urine test, blood test, xray.

Is there a threadmill test?

no. unless your BP is over 140/90 and drinks and smokes.

What are your suggestions to prepare myself and my 5 y.o. son physically for the exam?

drink plenty of water, be sure to bring a bottles of water and keep drinking so your urine will come out clear. to lower BP sleep early the night before, avoid stress, take it easy and dont worry about the medical exam.

Btw, what is done in the mental assessment?

they'll just ask you a couple of questions. nothing to worry about. the children will be examined together with an adult.

mom2karl

Star Member
May 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 April
Med's Request
2009 July
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2009 November
LANDED..........
2010 March
thank you jtob! very informative and exhaustive.

good to know the room nos. too. in filling in the forms, does my son need to be present? will they take thumbmarks or anything? because i plan not to bring my son along when filling in the forms.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
no need for your son to be present when filling up the forms.
just instruct your son to reply no to all the doctors questions. although i instructed my son to reply no to all questions, when asked if he was hospitalized before, my son replied yes, and although it was more than 10 years ago, answering yes to any question will lead to more questions. the doctor may ask you to get a clearance from your family doctor, which will delay your application.
to get an idea of the questions in the medical forms, you can get a sample of the form from the DMP instruction manual of CIC

plan2012

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
Mga kababayan,

For all Pinoys who got this burning desire to really go to CANADA. This by far is the best forum to rely on.

Imagine, got a chance to meet CPA2Canada here in Khobar-Saudi last night! It was a very informative meeting! Really blessed to meet you, bro!

Btw,
my AOR : 10/2007. Definitely I'm under the 'old' rule (Simplified AP)
latest e-cas: "IN PROCESS" since 2008.

Just want to know also from the seniors here,
if they know ANY applicants (filed before Feb 2008), whose job is one of the magical 38's.
But have decided to just withdrew their applications due to the long crusade,
... and later they re-applied in order to speed up the decision for them?

Hope to share your thoughts on this...

Congratulations to mom2karl, jtob... I do believe, you guys will finally reach the mountain of hope anytime soon .

For our Kids,
Eugene

mom2karl

Star Member
May 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 April
Med's Request
2009 July
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2009 November
LANDED..........
2010 March
thanks plan2012

@ jtob, thanks again!

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
plan2012 and cpa2canada,

Hello! pasyalan nyo naman ako dito sa Riyadh. Once I get my visa, punta kayo dito sa Riyadh at i treat ko kayo ng dinner. God Bless You all!

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
aspire.....kmusta ulit? d ko pala nasagot ung last question mo kung san ako nakabase...hehe..dito ako sa al khobar...anyway cge planuhin namin ni plan2012 pagpunta jan...

nga pala bro...nagsubmit na rin ako ng full docs sa london last jul 30....

ano na status ng appli mo? may AOR ka na ba? mukhang mabagal ung London visa office compared sa ibang lugar - Mnla at India....

anyway let just hope and pray na makuha natin in Gods perfect time....

che74

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
hello mom2karl..
Am now in our group thread..

Yes, u were really right in saying that our kids are the inspiration why we would like to seek greener pasture somewhere,..so we grant their valid requests. Yup my daughter will be HS at our standard..but was informed by my sis who is already there, that my kid has to be in grades 7 and 8, before the secondary level which is high school... I still have 3 more kids..ages 9, 4 and 2..... That is why I really chose canada because I believe they offer better health care benefits as compared to the US, and they offer child benefits...which other countries do not...

And more thing..I'd like to send u my email add so that we can add each other in our facebook..heheh...but not post it here. Where do I go when you said inbox? pls help..thanks...keep in touch...