+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINOS Applying for FSW Page.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
so there's no way a new nursing graduate will qualify to take CRN.

if you register as a LPN do they give you a temporary license to work as LPN? do you have to take the LPN exam and at the same time take up subjects to qualify as RN?

i've read the website of futiresearchcanada.com, but i don't know if they're a recruitment agency or a program of the BC government. they say it'll cost around $2000 for the process and nothing can be done while the applicant is here in the ph.

maybell

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
jtob, check with mercan recruitment agency (website) they have downloadable forms in adobe already explaining the process (for reference lang). I think newly grads are not eligible to apply as LPN, GN or RN in canada yet. or you can also check the website of CARNA/ CRNE.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
congrats maybell,
malapit na lang visa natin.

i guess my daughters will have to work other jobs when we arrive in canada while studying to qualify as RN.
it's frustrating to have 2 nurses who cant work as nurses. we'll have to stick it out in canada and wait for the us to open.

maybell

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
jtob, thanks ok. whats more important is almost approve na yung application mo. Your kids can always find other options or do further studies in canada when you've settled down na. At least there are lots of opportunities waiting for them.

I just hope everything will just go on as smooth as possible wala nang aberya.

cathy1

Jun 16, 2009
first decide what province you want to practice nursing,then contact the nursing council(e-mail) of that province to guide you on what to do,they are polite and very professional.
Then prepare all necessary papers/documents that are needed before you leave.just an advice

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
In my own little research, It seems that of all the provinces, Manitoba is the most lenient when it comes to the screening of foreign trained professionals particularly nursing. I have a friend who after the first evaluation, got the permission to take the CRNE without having to undergo any bridging programs. According to her, the exam was easy compared to NCLEX. And after a year working in Canada, she got her RN license. Experience counts. My friend was working in King Faisal Hospital in Riyadh, (an american association accredited hospital, sorry dont know what was it) for 10 years. She did not even submit the academic IELTS which was one of the requirements. She submitted the already 2 years expired TOEFL results with a letter stating that English was the medium of instructions used throughtout her student life and in King Faisal Hospital English is also the official medium of instructions used.
I have another nurse friend who immigrated to Ontario, after academic assessment, Ontario credited her education only equivalent to the 2 year practical nursing program in Canada. She did not qualify to take the CRNE.
So better to go to a more quite and peaceful province where accreditation is more lenient than to go to Toronto where you need study again to qualify for CRNE. Both friends I mentioned got their nursing degree in the Philippines, and possess the same RN license from the PRC.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
is experience a must to get accredited to take the CRN?

i'm trying to weigh the options of my 2 daughters, if we get our visas by the end of the year, is it better for them to stay in the philippines to work for experience or is it better to stay in canada and study for additional units?

is it possible for new graduates to be eligible to take the CRN anywhere in canada( even in manitoba )?

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jtob said:
is experience a must to get accredited to take the CRN?

i'm trying to weigh the options of my 2 daughters, if we get our visas by the end of the year, is it better for them to stay in the philippines to work for experience or is it better to stay in canada and study for additional units?

is it possible for new graduates to be eligible to take the CRN anywhere in canada( even in manitoba )?
Sad to say, It's IMPOSSIBLE. No way will they be allowed to sit for the CRNE without extensive experience, even in Manitoba. LPN? probably, which is really not bad choice at all. It would give added points to them should they decide to try and register as an RN eventually.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
thanks for the replies.
now its clear to me that its very difficult for filipino nurses to work in canada.
since the us is not opening for nurses anytime soon, they have no choice but go to a nursing school in canada for further studies.

eshaghbina

Jul 5, 2009
Salaam everybody
Somebody told me, we should put a complete copy of the last passports (the expired passports) in the supporting documents for the Embassy. I did not read such a thing in all materials of CIC.
What's your idea? Please let me know. Thanks

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got my AOR from Nova Scotia yesterday via email.

June 4 - sent application to Nova Scotia via Fedex.
June 7 - application received in Nova Scotia (as per fedex' record)
June 9 - application received in Nova Scotia (according to AOR)
July 3 - draft encashed
July 28 - received AOR via email. For submission now of full application to local visa office.

:)

mom2karl

Star Member
May 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 April
Med's Request
2009 July
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2009 November
LANDED..........
2010 March
guys, i'm so happy!!! i received my medical request today. i posted the news earlier on a separate topic in this forum where i mentioned processing times. at least i can relax a bit now.

let's continue to pray for each other...

@ CarribRN, congratulations on reaching a very important milestone! It gets more exciting after receiving the 1st AOR :)

arexie

Mar 22, 2009
Hi mom2karl - may i know the date in your med request? when did you send you documents too? I haven't received mine 'til now and it's almost 45 days... :-(

arexie

Mar 22, 2009
Ah, ikaw pala yun! Congrats... I'm just about to contact the Visa Office thru email. What's your NOC? I'm a bit worried kasi ng post office here takes 5 days before I receive any letter.

scorpiof3

Jul 30, 2009
kyu010170 said:
Jhunmalijan said:
Hi. started processing of my application by CIC-MANILA last June 5,2008
As of now I didn't receive any letter from CIC Manila but according to my E- Cas my application was received last March 14,2008 before the status was " my application was transferred to Sydney last Feb. 17, 2009 and they contacted me. Until now I didn't receive any letter for my application since my job list was under skilled B of there 38 occupational list.

To all!!! Do I need to take IELTS?

Thank you!!!!!!!
Hello Jhun, instructions are quite specific that non-native English speakers take the IELTS. I suggest you take it. There is a thread on trackitt.com regarding an applicant who did not submit IELTS and was assigned 0 points for language ability. The applicant was just a few points short of 67 and since he got zero for language, his application was denied. I just cannot find the thread anymore but that thread was very compelling. It's totally up to you, but if I were you, take it. Unless of course you are able to calculate that even with 0 for language, you will score at least 67.

Good luck to you.
HI, just like to share my experience with regards to the IELTS, I submitted all my documents and opted not to take the IELTS test, I was under the impression that with my work experience and educational background, it will take the 2nd option of not taking the english test. After a couple of months, i have received a letter from CIC - Singapore (that is where i applied) asking me to take an IELTS test since I am claming points for language proficiency. So I took the test last July and submitted the results to CIC - Sing. Perhaps I was lucky that they did not give me a zero score and gave me the opportunity to submitt further..... though it does delay the processing since they had to wait for the results of the IELTS exam... hope this helps you guys
scorpiof3