+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****FEBUARY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
hi

which one comes first, CoPR or PPR?

Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR)
Passport Request (PPR)

thanks
If you get PPR it will always come first.

If you are from a visa exempt country, not everyone gets PPR, but most do.

Snowman1308

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
I need an advice from somebody who has a little bit of experience.
Sponsor Canadian citizen, PA Italian
App received 13 feb
AOR1 26 march
PCC/Schedule A/Medicals 27 march, submitted in a matter of days
AOR 2 Mississauga 22 April
BGC started and Ecas in process 26 April

After not hearing anything for 2 months, yesterday I have been asked to provide explanation on the end of my service (PA) in the Italian Army. SInce I am a professional soldier with no time obligations I can resign at any time with a 30 days notice, so I uploaded a signed letter from me that explains it and my intention to resign once the Sponsorship process will be done and before landing. Me and my wife decided to do so in case the Sponsorship was refused and we had to settle in Italy instead, I have also explained that.

Do you have any insight on this?
Do you think that the fact they required such info after 2 months into bgc means they are almost done with it?
I called IRCC and they said they couldn't see anything wrong on my file but that's it.

nchaw

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
New Delhi India
App. Filed.......
13th May 2018
Doc's Request.
17th may 2018
AOR Received.
21st June 2018
File Transfer...
04th August 2018
Med's Request
29th June 2018
Med's Done....
09th July2018
Hi,
I have applied for Spouse PR and got my AOR after on the 17th May 2018
Medical Request : 29th June
Additional Documents: 11th July
Medical passed : 15th July
Still my application status on the web shows as below:
Review of Eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results : You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents : We have received the additional documents you provided.
Interview : You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics : We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can anyone advise, what stage is my application on?
i am very keen to know when can i expect my PPR?
Will my status change on the web before the request or i may get the request for ppr straight away from here?
i submitted the PCC and BG Form along with my application only

Semavike

May 9, 2018
Hi,
Review of Eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents : We have received the additional documents you provided.
Interview : You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics : We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Will my status change on the web before the request or i may get the request for ppr straight away from here?
next will be BGC
if a normal application, in 3 months you get PPR

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
next will be BGC
if a normal application, in 3 months you get PPR
It should have a file transfer first and until you know whether it stays in Mississauga or goes to the country VO you can't really estimate a time. And 3 months is for a very fast application. Not sure you have the information to give the poster here such a quick and definitive timeline.

Hi,

What nationality is the principal applicant? Did the sponsor get a file transfer email? Difficult to estimate a time without knowing the likely visa office.

nchaw

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
New Delhi India
App. Filed.......
13th May 2018
Doc's Request.
17th may 2018
AOR Received.
21st June 2018
File Transfer...
04th August 2018
Med's Request
29th June 2018
Med's Done....
09th July2018
It should have a file transfer first and until you know whether it stays in Mississauga or goes to the country VO you can't really estimate a time. And 3 months is for a very fast application. Not sure you have the information to give the poster here such a quick and definitive timeline.

What nationality is the principal applicant? Did the sponsor get a file transfer email? Difficult to estimate a time without knowing the likely visa office.
My husband called them and was advised that the file was transferred to india and js back to missisauga now! And BG is under process. However, the status on my online profile doesnt support m connect to what they advised!

mm1234

May 15, 2018
You get passport request. When you send in your passport, it gets returned with the visa stamped in the passport as well as two COPR forms. Not sure for other countries but that's what I got .
two COPR forms? do you mean for each person we should get 2 copies of CoPRs?? or were 2 people in the original application applying for PR?

Riri16

May 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
two COPR forms? do you mean for each person we should get 2 copies of CoPRs?? or were 2 people in the original application applying for PR?
When my mom sponsored me I received two. When you land the immigration officer keeps one and you keep one.

Reactions: trinirock

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
My husband called them and was advised that the file was transferred to india and js back to missisauga now! And BG is under process. However, the status on my online profile doesnt support m connect to what they advised!
To India then back to Mississauga sounds unusual! Not sure what a likely timeline for that would be but there's a thread for people being processed in Mississauga here and a thread for people being processed at New Delhi VO here. Very roughly, Mississauga seems to be anywhere from 3-9 months from file receipt and NDVO is slower than that. Planning around anything other than the 12 months official processing time is unwise however as plenty people end up having to wait that long.

The online profiles (both CIC/GCKey and eCas) often vary in what they actually tell you compared to what's actually happening with your application. Some people's seem to keep up with progress, others all change at once/over a few days when they get their decision.

nchaw

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
New Delhi India
App. Filed.......
13th May 2018
Doc's Request.
17th may 2018
AOR Received.
21st June 2018
File Transfer...
04th August 2018
Med's Request
29th June 2018
Med's Done....
09th July2018
anyone received an AOR in may and bg status shows processing has got ppr request?

Sarahh Khan

Jul 24, 2018
Hello guys,
I need advice urgently.
This is our second application since we got married. The first one was in March 2016. Till date we never got a response from the cic.

We made another paper application in March 2017 and its past ten months; no word from the cic, no correspondence. We have called severally and no response. Worse still, we have been unable to link the application to the online status. We are in the dark.
Im am worried and my wife and I are so distraught about this. Please I need advice before I decide to pull the plug on this application and just get on with a normal life.
I look forward to responsesand advice asap.
Thank you.
Where did you apply spouse papers from ?

mehjot

Jul 24, 2018
App. Filed.......
20-04-2018
Med's Request
07-06-2018
Med's Done....
21-06-2018
I appointed representative and so i thought that login through gckey will interfere in his work regarding my case. Is it true or he will still get all the updates from cic regarding my case after that too ? I'm bit confused.

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
My husband got the following email: Would you please clarify what your interview language is. Your application states the correspondence language as English but the interview language as French and that no interpreter is required

But nothing was updated on the website, we still have "-You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes; -We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements; - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
He replied, we are waiting to know what is gonna be next

Ankara is my VO

Last edited: