chanban

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Hi Everyone

1. Application received: March 2018
2. Got AOR1, SA
3. Medical done submitted and received
4. Case transfered to LVO
5. ECAS status: background check in process (been 2 months)
6. Waiting for decision made and PPR

Current situation: My wife is 2 months pregnant, due in Feb 2019 and medical done before pregnancy

Best Scenario # 1: If she get the visa by Nov, might manage to land and get the OHIP by the time of the delivery

Worst Scenario # 2: If the visa will be delayed, then she will have to deliver the new baby in our home country.

Scenario # 3: if she get the visa right before due date which is Feb 2019 and land in canada

What are the consequences if I do;

1. inform LVO prior to PPR about my wife's pregnancy,

2. or wait till she receives her PPR then inform them?

3. Or wait until she delivers then Inform them?

4. Or if she get the visa right before due date which is Feb 2019 and land in canada, will there be any problem at canadian immigration border agency ?

I don't want delay our process at this stage, at the same time I would like to know what are my options

Any help or feedback on this subject is highly appreciated

Regards
Muhammad
Timeline in signature

Hi There is no concrete solid proof that your wife's pregnancy will speed up the processing HOWEVER there is a case in the KVO thread whose Sponsor was pregnant and their application did go by rather quickly however there is a chance that that is a coincidence .. there are other cases like this one all over the thread where various apps have gotten through quickly with a. pregnant party however this is not 100% sure ..

IT IS HOWEVER IMPORTANT THAT YOU NOTIFY CIC OF ANY CHANGES INCLUSIVE OF PREGNANCIES .. THERE IS A SPACE ON THE APPLICATION THAT ASKS IF YOU ARE PREGNANT... JUST SHOOT THEM AN EMAIL AND SUBMIT A LETTER THROUGH WEB FORM AND LET THEM KNOW SHE IS PREGANTN AND HER DUE DATE ( A DOCTORS NOTE WILL HELP AS WELL OR AN ULTRASOUNFD PIC SHOWING YOUR WIFE NAME)...

ALSO NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE NOT A CANADIAN CITIZEN AND YOUR CHILD IS BORN OUTSIDE OF CANADA AND NOT INCLUDED ON THE APPLICATION, YOU WILL HAVE TO APPLY TO SPONSOR THAT CHILD .. IF YOU ARE A CITIZEN THEN ITS NO WORRIES HE OR SHE WILL BE GRANTED AUTOMATIC CITIZENSHIP ..

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BABY!!!

Reactions: Debdeb

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi There is no concrete solid proof that your wife's pregnancy will speed up the processing HOWEVER there is a case in the KVO thread whose Sponsor was pregnant and their application did go by rather quickly however there is a chance that that is a coincidence .. there are other cases like this one all over the thread where various apps have gotten through quickly with a. pregnant party however this is not 100% sure ..

IT IS HOWEVER IMPORTANT THAT YOU NOTIFY CIC OF ANY CHANGES INCLUSIVE OF PREGNANCIES .. THERE IS A SPACE ON THE APPLICATION THAT ASKS IF YOU ARE PREGNANT... JUST SHOOT THEM AN EMAIL AND SUBMIT A LETTER THROUGH WEB FORM AND LET THEM KNOW SHE IS PREGANTN AND HER DUE DATE ( A DOCTORS NOTE WILL HELP AS WELL OR AN ULTRASOUNFD PIC SHOWING YOUR WIFE NAME)...

ALSO NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE NOT A CANADIAN CITIZEN AND YOUR CHILD IS BORN OUTSIDE OF CANADA AND NOT INCLUDED ON THE APPLICATION, YOU WILL HAVE TO APPLY TO SPONSOR THAT CHILD .. IF YOU ARE A CITIZEN THEN ITS NO WORRIES HE OR SHE WILL BE GRANTED AUTOMATIC CITIZENSHIP ..

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BABY!!!
You do not need to notify CIC of pregnancies, only births.

• you want to report important changes about your application, such as:
    • births
    • deaths
    • marriages
    • divorces
    • adoptions
    • changes in address
    • changes in employment
    • a new educational credential
    • results of an approved language test
  • you need information that you can’t get via the Client Application Status service
  • it is taking us longer to process your application than the normal processing time
    • we won’t answer you if the normal processing time has not yet passed

chanban

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
You do not need to notify CIC of pregnancies, only births.

• you want to report important changes about your application, such as:
    • births
    • deaths
    • marriages
    • divorces
    • adoptions
    • changes in address
    • changes in employment
    • a new educational credential
    • results of an approved language test
  • you need information that you can’t get via the Client Application Status service
  • it is taking us longer to process your application than the normal processing time
    • we won’t answer you if the normal processing time has not yet passed

SUCH AS NOT INCLUSIVE OF ... PLUS IT DOESNT HURT .. WHY ARE YOU SUCH A NEGATIVE NED OR NANCY WHATEVER YOUR GENDER IS? JESUM .. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING POSITIVE TO CONTRIBUTE *BE QUIET* ITS AN EMAIL NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY ..

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
SUCH AS NOT INCLUSIVE OF ... PLUS IT DOESNT HURT .. WHY ARE YOU SUCH A NEGATIVE NED OR NANCY WHATEVER YOUR GENDER IS? JESUM .. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING POSITIVE TO CONTRIBUTE *BE QUIET* ITS AN EMAIL NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY ..
Thanks for your input, but I'm not a negative nancy. I am pointing out that you do not need to notify CIC of pregnancies - because it's a fact. Applicants get stressed and confused when there is misinformation spread.

The more you inundate CIC with unnecessary information not only slows down the processing of your application, but others. The cardinal rule once your application is submitted is not to provide anything additional unless they ask.

By you saying it is important, you are incorrect - not only it is not important, it's not necessary.

If you want to take a look at my post history, you can see I have stuck around to help others and I have in fact contributed a lot quite a lot, so no, I won't be quiet, but maybe you should.

Otherwise, I hope you have a good day and your process goes smoothly.

Reactions: caoroux and 604

chanban

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Thanks for your input, but I'm not a negative nancy. I am pointing out that you do not need to notify CIC of pregnancies - because it's a fact. Applicants get stressed and confused when there is misinformation spread.

The more you inundate CIC with unnecessary information not only slows down the processing of your application, but others. The cardinal rule once your application is submitted is not to provide anything additional unless they ask.

By you saying it is important, you are incorrect - not only it is not important, it's not necessary.

If you want to take a look at my post history, you can see I have stuck around to help others and I have in fact contributed a lot quite a lot, so no, I won't be quiet, but maybe you should.

Otherwise, I hope you have a good day and your process goes smoothly.

HI NEGATIVE NANCY ,

BYE NEGATIVE NANCY!

mm1234

May 15, 2018
hi

what does it mean if one gets pre-arrival services letter ?
does it mean his/her PR application is approved?

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
hi

what does it mean if one gets pre-arrival services letter ?
does it mean his/her PR application is approved?
Not yet but it means you are moving closer. Some people get decision made shortly after getting it, others wait a few more months.

Jul 20, 2018
I hv applied in February... medical and PCC r done ... My file was reached to delhi on 8 may.. now i m waiting for PPR from last 2.5 months... For how much time should i wait more...

mm1234

May 15, 2018
hi

which one comes first, CoPR or PPR?

Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR)
Passport Request (PPR)

thanks

Riri16

May 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
hi

which one comes first, CoPR or PPR?

Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR)
Passport Request (PPR)

thanks
You get passport request. When you send in your passport, it gets returned with the visa stamped in the passport as well as two COPR forms. Not sure for other countries but that's what I got .