+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Hi Guys
i have already asked this question but havenot got any reply. could you please advise if you also got these 2 messages?
we do not know anyone applying for a sponsorship.
It would be much appreciated if anyone advised if you have recieved both of below emails?

first email: We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.
This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your
relative(s) will be processed at CPC Mississauga.

second email:We are pleased to inform that you have met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor.
The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be sent to a visa office for
processing. The visa office will be selected based on your relative’s home address and the
requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A confirmation letter will be sent to you
once the application is sent to the visa office, informing you of the visa office selected. This
confirmation letter will also provide you with instructions on how to submit an undertaking application
to the Provincial government.

thanks
The letter that we got regarding sponsorship approval did not have the line that you quoted saying anything about a visa office, and we got a separate letter saying that the PR application would be processed by CPC-M that said nothing about sponsorship approval.

Seems like a very peculiar set of emails that you received.

Reactions: Sor00sh

Sor00sh

Jul 9, 2018
The letter that we got regarding sponsorship approval did not have the line that you quoted saying anything about a visa office, and we got a separate letter saying that the PR application would be processed by CPC-M that said nothing about sponsorship approval.

Thank you for the reply. our file was received Dec 2017, and we haven't heard from them since March 2018. even BG check is not started yet. i think i have to call them again. they do not answer what kind of emails mean!
hope we all hear good news soon

waiting10yrs

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi Guys
i have already asked this question but havenot got any reply. could you please advise if you also got these 2 messages?
we do not know anyone applying for a sponsorship.
It would be much appreciated if anyone advised if you have recieved both of below emails?

first email: We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.
This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your
relative(s) will be processed at CPC Mississauga.

second email:We are pleased to inform that you have met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor.
The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be sent to a visa office for
processing. The visa office will be selected based on your relative’s home address and the
requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A confirmation letter will be sent to you
once the application is sent to the visa office, informing you of the visa office selected. This
confirmation letter will also provide you with instructions on how to submit an undertaking application
to the Provincial government.

thanks
We got similar in the Sponsor Approval letter, then a few weeks later we got a email saying it was staying at CPC Mississauga.

Our Sponsor Approval letter said this:

"We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.
The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga will continue to hold the associated Application for
Permanent Residence awaiting the submission of a completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM5669).

A request has or will be sent directly to the principal applicant with instructions outlining the
requirements for submission of the Schedule A to CPC-Mississauga. If your principal applicant or their representative has not yet received this request, or an invitation to link their application to My CIC, it will be sent in the next 5 business days. Your PA or their representative should also check their junk mail in the email account provided at the time of application submission.

Separate Schedule A forms, bearing signatures, must be completed by the applicant, and by all
dependent family members 18 years of age or older (whether accompanying or not).
Upon receipt of the completed Schedule A form(s), the Application for Permanent Residence for your
relative(s) will be sent to a visa office for processing. The visa office will be selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; a confirmation letter will be sent to you when the application is sent to the visa office, informing you of the visa office selected."

Are you living in Quebec? If so you need to do the CSQ and that is why they mentioned this: "This confirmation letter will also provide you with instructions on how to submit an undertaking application to the Provincial government".

Sor00sh

Jul 9, 2018
We got similar in the Sponsor Approval letter, then a few weeks later we got a email saying it was staying at CPC Mississauga.

"We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.
The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga will continue to hold the associated Application for
Permanent Residence awaiting the submission of a completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM5669).

A request has or will be sent directly to the principal applicant with instructions outlining the
requirements for submission of the Schedule A to CPC-Mississauga. If your principal applicant or their representative has not yet received this request, or an invitation to link their application to My CIC, it will be sent in the next 5 business days. Your PA or their representative should also check their junk mail in the email account provided at the time of application submission.

Separate Schedule A forms, bearing signatures, must be completed by the applicant, and by all
dependent family members 18 years of age or older (whether accompanying or not).
Upon receipt of the completed Schedule A form(s), the Application for Permanent Residence for your
relative(s) will be sent to a visa office for processing. The visa office will be selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; a confirmation letter will be sent to you when the application is sent to the visa office, informing you of the visa office selected."

Are you living in Quebec? If so you need to do the CSQ and that is why they mentioned this: "This confirmation letter will also provide you with instructions on how to submit an undertaking application to the Provincial government".
yes I live in quebec and already uploaded CSQ in April 2018. that was the last communication we have with them.
oh so as we have not received any email saying it is "hold in mississauga" that's means for us it really will transfer to a visa office. now I wonder why it is not transferred yet! what are they doing in mississaga if they are not processing it! so confused!
bty thanks for sharing your letter, very informative :)

Sor00sh

Jul 9, 2018

I just read it one more time. it looks like they also told you that it will be sent to a visa office. but they have not sent it yet? have they?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018

Not peculiar at all. They are about as standard as it gets. Applicants who are kept in Mississauga are the ones who get the weird emails :)

Reactions: evdm and Sor00sh

waiting10yrs

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
I just read it one more time. it looks like they also told you that it will be sent to a visa office. but they have not sent it yet? have they?
Actually we have got assigned to a visa office. CPC Mississauga.

When we got the Sponsor Approval email (the one I showed/that has similar text too yours) also asked for Schedule A. It said something about it will be held in Mississauga till they receive the Schedule A then after will be transferred. We received this in late April a few days after AOR.

Then in early June, roughly a month or so after Sponsor Approval email we got another email saying: "This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be processed at CPC Mississauga". This was the transfer email.

Right after that Background Check started and that is where it has been since. We applied in the middle of March.

Seems like you got both of these as well, only that you got the CPC Mississauga email before the Sponsor Approval.

Last edited:

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
Background check in progress as of 26th July :)

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Final update from me;

Got DM on Jul 25 and PPR on Jul 26!

Full timeline as follows:

Jan 15 - Application received in Mississauga.
Feb 28 - AOR1
Mar 13 - Sponsor Approval (ECAS, Letter came Mar 24)
Mar 26 - Notice of processing at CPC-Mississauga
Jul 11 - ECAS "In Process" for Principle Applicant
Jul 19 - Background Check "We started processing"
Jul 25 - Decision Made (ECAS)
Jul 26 - Passport Request (to be sent to Vienna).

I had already planned a visit to Canada on August 25th, so now I'm looking forward to landing on that date, exactly 2 years after I returned to Europe for work after having lived in Canada for 6 years prior to that.

That'll be all from me here on the forums. These forums are a useful tool and valuable resource; though, this process is at times stressful and angst-inducing especially if, like me, you lack patience. Seeing others' timelines can exacerbate those negative feelings when your own process is markedly slower.

Of course I wish everyone still waiting the best of luck with their own application, but I mainly wish patience and wisdom to everyone. Each application will follow its own process.

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
Final update from me;

Feb 28 - AOR1

I had already planned a visit to Canada on August 25th, so now I'm looking forward to landing on that date, exactly 2 years after I returned to Europe for work after having lived in Canada for 6 years prior to that.

That'll be all from me here on the forums. These forums are a useful tool and valuable resource; though, this process is at times stressful and angst-inducing especially if, like me, you lack patience. Seeing others' timelines can exacerbate those negative feelings when your own process is markedly slower.

Of course I wish everyone still waiting the best of luck with their own application, but I mainly wish patience and wisdom to everyone. Each application will follow its own process.
Congratulations! Good luck with the move and your new permanent life in Canada.

Thanks for your contributions on the forum, I've found them very helpful and kind.

Reactions: evdm

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Final update from me;

Feb 28 - AOR1

Finally! I've been looking out for this. Congratulations.

waiting10yrs

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Finally! I've been looking out for this. Congratulations.
Congratulations! Its been a long wait for you. Our deadline for sending the RPRF and the RCMP is August 2nd so we are hoping we are next in line either for next week or the week after that.

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
Has anyone applying from the US had to give biometrics? A new line appeared on my GCKey today under the date received line that has spaces for a biometrics number, date of enrollment and an expiry date. When I look at the generic requirements for biometrics, it says that the Americas are exempt until December 31, 2018, but if I look up the US specifically, it says you do not need to give biometrics. But then under that it says except for those applying for PR. They haven't asked for anything yet, just wondering if this means they will be requesting it soon. I wasn't expecting that.

waiting10yrs

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Has anyone applying from the US had to give biometrics? A new line appeared on my GCKey today under the date received line that has spaces for a biometrics number, date of enrollment and an expiry date. When I look at the generic requirements for biometrics, it says that the Americas are exempt until December 31, 2018, but if I look up the US specifically, it says you do not need to give biometrics. But then under that it says except for those applying for PR. They haven't asked for anything yet, just wondering if this means they will be requesting it soon. I wasn't expecting that.
I asked the same in this post and got 1 reply. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/biometrics-for-americans.575018/#post-7127916