Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi there! It appears IRCC has very recently increased the right of permanent residence fee by $10. It is now $500 for that, hence the curious $10 discrepancy.
The $10 increase does not affect applications submitted before 30 April

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
I sent my file on april 30th and I paid the old fees because I paid the day before or so, will I get it returned then?
You should be fine, however if you do need to pay that additional 10$. They will ask for it.

Reactions: bian07

bian07

May 19, 2017
You should be fine, however if you do need to pay that additional 10$. They will ask for it.
I hope so, would be terrible to wait so long for the application to be sent back or receive the AOR just for that. I'd send it right away but without the AOR its not possible

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I sent my file on april 30th and I paid the old fees because I paid the day before or so, will I get it returned then?
RPRF is not required to be paid upfront. And do no they will not return it for missing $10 of the RPRF. But they will ask you to pay the remaining amount when the time comes (this around the time they would have asked you to pay the RPRF if you did not pay for it upfront)

Reactions: bian07

bian07

May 19, 2017
RPRF is not required to be paid upfront. And do no they will not return it for missing $10 of the RPRF. But they will ask you to pay the remaining amount when the time comes (this around the time they would have asked you to pay the RPRF if you did not pay for it upfront)
Thank you so much, that makes me feel a lot better.

Aug 29, 2019
Hi everyone,
Again, our application was accepted Feb 4th and we did not receive an AOR yet. Oddly, my husband did receive the Biometrics email and it has an application number on it. I tried to look it up and link it- nothing. Any ideas?

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
What happens if you are out of status when your application is sent back? And how do you rectify the problem of being out of status

bian07

May 19, 2017
What happens if you are out of status when your application is sent back? And how do you rectify the problem of being out of status
You wouldnt be eligible for the owp anymore. And youd have to apply for restauration of status, if you're still within the time frame (usually 90 days after your status expires)

Jun 25, 2020
Hi everyone! I sent my outland application to IRCC mid April 2020 and I have not received AOR and the link IRCC spose to send.
I was told I would receive AOR within 30 to 65 days and nothing yet. Is this normal?

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hi everyone! I sent my outland application to IRCC mid April 2020 and I have not received AOR and the link IRCC spose to send.
I was told I would receive AOR within 30 to 65 days and nothing yet. Is this normal?
This is normal as they are still taking care of February applications. Keep in mind things have been delayed due to Covid19

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
I just got the "Biometrics Fee Reminder" email as well about an hour ago. It does note to disregard the letter if I've already paid, which I have.

Taking this as finally getting some form of validation, seems they are finally looking at our apps again. Hope this means the AOR will follow soon.