+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

zapzyder

May 5, 2020
Yeah I thought the same. But what I heard from is they usually want the Canadian police certificate. As I already provided a police certificate for my home country. Also as it says on one of the forms please provide police certificates of your country and the country you have lived for more than 6 months. I actually thought they would request themselves but they didn’t.

Eveslm

Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yeah I thought the same. But what I heard from is they usually want the Canadian police certificate. As I already provided a police certificate for my home country. Also as it says on one of the forms please provide police certificates of your country and the country you have lived for more than 6 months. I actually thought they would request themselves but they didn’t.
Did they specifically ask you to provide PCC from Canada in the letter (when they returned your application)?

zapzyder

May 5, 2020
Did they specifically ask you to provide PCC from Canada in the letter (when they returned your application)?
It said PCC not available for Principal Applicant. And in the document checklist I had checked only for home country and not the country for which I have lived for more than 6 months recently.

Eveslm

Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It said PCC not available for Principal Applicant. And in the document checklist I had checked only for home country and not the country for which I have lived for more than 6 months recently.
Oh I get it now. You were supposed to select the box for police certificates in Canada. Good thing you managed to get everything and send it back

zapzyder

May 5, 2020
Oh I get it now. You were supposed to select the box for police certificates in Canada. Good thing you managed to get everything and send it back
I managed some how to get it quickly and sent back before my work permit expired. Hoping the best for everybody here.

Reactions: Eveslm

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
I don’t know who you spoke to and when. But when I spoke to the lady on “March 15 2020 She had told me that they have processed applications till 17 Jan 2020”. And some February applicants did receive AORs in bulk on 30 April 2020. Might be that process is even slower now. Also depends which customer service representative picks the call and how specifically they give the details.
On this month if you ask them again, they will give you that answer again like you said you asked from March 15. They don't know about AORs in bulk on 30 April 2020, when they haven't opened applications on Feb.

nimmau2

Feb 23, 2020
Hello,

I am applying for Visitor record (Extension).

Can someone confirm if we need to submit the
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada IMM 5257?

Thanks

PrincessButtercup

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Hello,

I am applying for Visitor record (Extension).

Can someone confirm if we need to submit the
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada IMM 5257?

Thanks
Hello, October 2019 Inland applicant here.

Yes, I had to submit an IMM 5257b when I applied for my Visior's Extension. If you are applying online, your checklist will list it if you need it or not.