+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Yeah I thought the same. But what I heard from is they usually want the Canadian police certificate. As I already provided a police certificate for my home country. Also as it says on one of the forms please provide police certificates of your country and the country you have lived for more than 6 months. I actually thought they would request themselves but they didn’t.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yeah I thought the same. But what I heard from is they usually want the Canadian police certificate. As I already provided a police certificate for my home country. Also as it says on one of the forms please provide police certificates of your country and the country you have lived for more than 6 months. I actually thought they would request themselves but they didn’t.
Did they specifically ask you to provide PCC from Canada in the letter (when they returned your application)?

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Did they specifically ask you to provide PCC from Canada in the letter (when they returned your application)?
It said PCC not available for Principal Applicant. And in the document checklist I had checked only for home country and not the country for which I have lived for more than 6 months recently.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It said PCC not available for Principal Applicant. And in the document checklist I had checked only for home country and not the country for which I have lived for more than 6 months recently.
Oh I get it now. You were supposed to select the box for police certificates in Canada. Good thing you managed to get everything and send it back

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Oh I get it now. You were supposed to select the box for police certificates in Canada. Good thing you managed to get everything and send it back
I managed some how to get it quickly and sent back before my work permit expired. Hoping the best for everybody here.

Reactions: Eveslm

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
I don’t know who you spoke to and when. But when I spoke to the lady on “March 15 2020 She had told me that they have processed applications till 17 Jan 2020”. And some February applicants did receive AORs in bulk on 30 April 2020. Might be that process is even slower now. Also depends which customer service representative picks the call and how specifically they give the details.
On this month if you ask them again, they will give you that answer again like you said you asked from March 15. They don't know about AORs in bulk on 30 April 2020, when they haven't opened applications on Feb.

nimmau2

Feb 23, 2020
Hello,

I am applying for Visitor record (Extension).

Can someone confirm if we need to submit the
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada IMM 5257?

Thanks

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hello,

I am applying for Visitor record (Extension).

Can someone confirm if we need to submit the
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada IMM 5257?

Thanks
Hello, October 2019 Inland applicant here.

Yes, I had to submit an IMM 5257b when I applied for my Visior's Extension. If you are applying online, your checklist will list it if you need it or not.

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi everyone,

So I applied for Pr through sponsorship in July 2019. My partner and I received a procedural fairness letter because we did not have enough documentation that would allow us to show that we had been living together for 1 year before we sent in our application.

We have sent in a withdrawal letter for the July 2019 application and have now sent in a whole new application. We have more documentary evidence this time so by God’s grace, we will be fine.

Application will be received Feb 3rd. February applicants, please feel free to update here. Thanks and good luck to everyone.
What proofs did you submit the first time you submitted the application?

omar1983

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Hi, I got medical request for my visa extension last friday, I'm asking if the results of this medical exam can be used for my sponsorship application?

Baymaxboop

Oct 5, 2019
Seeking advice... I am currently under a Post Graduate Work Permit working in Quebec, My PR application with OWP was received Feb 27th and I still am waiting for AOR. I have confirmed that I will be able to stay on implied status until my new OWP comes.. however, as I still have not received any info on AOR i'm scared it could be sent back after I'm on implied status and ruin my whole application...

I don't know what to do. Every single day I have a panic attack waiting for any word from CIC about my application... Any advice would be much appreciated. I don't want to lose my job or my home here.

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Seeking advice... I am currently under a Post Graduate Work Permit working in Quebec, My PR application with OWP was received Feb 27th and I still am waiting for AOR. I have confirmed that I will be able to stay on implied status until my new OWP comes.. however, as I still have not received any info on AOR i'm scared it could be sent back after I'm on implied status and ruin my whole application...

I don't know what to do. Every single day I have a panic attack waiting for any word from CIC about my application... Any advice would be much appreciated. I don't want to lose my job or my home here.
Hey buddy do not worry. I am in the same storm as yours. All we can do is wait . We’ll have to wait.

magm

Jan 9, 2020

I'm in the same place as you my friend, but how did you confirm you'll be able to stay on implied status until your new OWP comes?

Baymaxboop

Oct 5, 2019
I'm in the same place as you my friend, but how did you confirm you'll be able to stay on implied status until your new OWP comes?
Spoke with an immigration lawyer my work provided who confirmed it and also multiple CIC agents. As long as my OWP application is sent out before my current permit expires I can continue working under the same conditions. Only issue is if they send the whole thing back... then it puts me out of status.