+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
I'm in the same place as you my friend, but how did you confirm you'll be able to stay on implied status until your new OWP comes?
In my case I had spoken to an IRCC representative and I also got an email form ircc mentioning the does and donts on implied status. The only thing is do not exit the country on implied status.

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
I'm also just on implied status now from the OWP app after my visitor record expired recently. Every day is leaping up to check the mail, being disappointed by flyers. Same with email.

All we can do is wait though, unfortunately...

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

dreamy2010

Jun 17, 2020
I received a letter today to pay the biometric fees. In February when I paid my application fee I paid $1125 which was for the application fee and biometrics I guess. I doubled check the fees today to make sure I paid the biometric fee but the fees for "Sponsor your spouse or partner and biometrics" adds up to $1135. Did you guys pay $1125 or I paid the wrong amount?

homeboy123

Apr 14, 2019
Mee too I go the same email as above reminder for biometric fee I paid in total 1380 including OWP+BIO+Application, Confused do I need to pay again??

Last edited:

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
I received a letter today to pay the biometric fees. In February when I paid my application fee I paid $1125 which was for the application fee and biometrics I guess. I doubled check the fees today to make sure I paid the biometric fee but the fees for "Sponsor your spouse or partner and biometrics" adds up to $1135. Did you guys pay $1125 or I paid the wrong amount?
So with sponsorship and biometric the total is $1130 and 255$ for OWP so the total is $1385. Yet again you can check your receipt and/or also call IRCC

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
I wrote out an enumeration for my fees paid and sent it with my app since my printed receipt didn't show what everything covered. Total adds up to $1380, and if you exclude the OWP fees it's $1125. I believe some of the fees went up in price recently, but I don't know for sure. I haven't go any emails or letters myself yet, but I would send them another copy of the fee receipt. I think it is promising that they seem to be finally looking at our apps again, even if it's in this odd context.
  • Sponsorship fee ($75)
  • Principal Applicant Processing Fee ($475)
  • Right of Permanent Residence Fee ($490)
  • Biometrics Fee ($85)
  • Work Permit Processing Fee ($155)
  • Open Work Permit Holder Fee ($100)

Reactions: dreamy2010

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi everyone,

So I applied for Pr through sponsorship in July 2019. My partner and I received a procedural fairness letter because we did not have enough documentation that would allow us to show that we had been living together for 1 year before we sent in our application.

We have sent in a withdrawal letter for the July 2019 application and have now sent in a whole new application. We have more documentary evidence this time so by God’s grace, we will be fine.

Application will be received Feb 3rd. February applicants, please feel free to update here. Thanks and good luck to everyone.
What did you submit the first time when you applied ?

PRI2019@

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
Hey there,
Kindly address my question. I’m permanent resident and hv moved in Canada in dec 2019. I didn’t start any job due to the pandemic. My husband have a work status here in Canada since past 2years. He is still having a job. Now I want to sponsor him but I doubt whether my unemployment can cause any hurdle? I have work history of 3years in India and some funds also.
Could anyone please resolve my query?

jenijeni

Sep 22, 2019
st. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss
Hi, guys I’m from April 2020 inland application thread. I was just wondering if everyone here has got AOR? I’m looking forward to get it because it’s already June . Thanks

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
According to the 2020 Sponsorship Sheet, about 40% of the people who applied in Feb are waiting, mostly people whose applications were received after Feb 21. May 11 was the last time anyone got an AOR that posted to the sheet

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
It seems that ircc is looking for a faster way to process apps right now. Hopefully good things are coming for everyone.

Reactions: Rushie38

TX2ON

Aug 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
I wrote out an enumeration for my fees paid and sent it with my app since my printed receipt didn't show what everything covered. Total adds up to $1380, and if you exclude the OWP fees it's $1125. I believe some of the fees went up in price recently, but I don't know for sure. I haven't go any emails or letters myself yet, but I would send them another copy of the fee receipt. I think it is promising that they seem to be finally looking at our apps again, even if it's in this odd context.
  • Sponsorship fee ($75)
  • Principal Applicant Processing Fee ($475)
  • Right of Permanent Residence Fee ($490)
  • Biometrics Fee ($85)
  • Work Permit Processing Fee ($155)
  • Open Work Permit Holder Fee ($100)
Hi there! It appears IRCC has very recently increased the right of permanent residence fee by $10. It is now $500 for that, hence the curious $10 discrepancy.

TX2ON

Aug 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
Mee too I go the same email as above reminder for biometric fee I paid in total 1380 including OWP+BIO+Application, Confused do I need to pay again??
Please note that the email says:
Please disregard this reminder if you have already paid and submitted your Biometrics fee with your application or since the submission of your application.
(emphasis added)
Since the email is about only the biometrics fee, I suppose that IRCC is not concerned about the $10 difference in the right of permanent residence fee.