+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

veeru_28_j

Mar 2, 2013
I just got the "Biometrics Fee Reminder" email as well about an hour ago. It does note to disregard the letter if I've already paid, which I have.

Taking this as finally getting some form of validation, seems they are finally looking at our apps again. Hope this means the AOR will follow soon.
Good luck..
You you submitted your file ?

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
They received my app on February 25. If it weren't for COVID, I could have reasonably expected the AOR somewhere around the middle of April-May, just based off former averages, which was about 52 days. Yesterday was 4 months since they received my app and I randomly get that email....

I think the generally accepted expectations are out the window at this point. They do what they want, then we just have to adapt and hope for the best.

Here is a bit more detail about the email I got:

From: CIC.CPCMississaugaDoNotReply-CTDMississaugaNePasRepondre.CIC
(Honestly looked like spam with that long email address)

Subject: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - Biometrics Fee Reminder Letter

Body:

This message is sent via an inbox that does not receive messages, please do not reply to this email.
------------

Dear Client,

This email is regarding the Application for Permanent Residence under Family Class Sponsorship that you submitted to this office.

Attached please find a letter related to your application. Please fully read the attachment and save this message for your records.

The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will need a program capable of opening .PDFs. One such program is Adobe Reader, it is free to use and available at the following link: www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately to CIC. Please note CPC-Mississauga does not process address changes/updates. Once an application is in process at our office, changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp. Failure to provide a current or correct address may result in delays in the processing of your application.

Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. Also, please be advised that the contents of this e-mail, including its attachment, are intended for the exclusive use of the recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from reading, using, disclosing, copying, or distributing this e-mail or any of its contents. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and permanently delete this e-mail and its attachments, along with any copies thereof. Thank you.

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
Here is the first part of the pdf mentioned. I'm not pasting the entire thing, just the relevant part. It gives instructions on how to pay biometrics fees and lets you know the situations when one should contact IRCC.(change of contact info, and your general situation mostly)
It also has an application number at the top, but I haven't tried to see if that will let me link my app yet.

------

Reminder – Biometrics Fee
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence.
As of December 3, 2019, you need to give biometrics when you apply from within Canada. You need
to give your biometrics and pay the fee, even if you gave your biometrics in the past to support a visitor
visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you and your accompanying dependents (who are 14 years of
age or older), will need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for all permanent resident
applications. This letter is a reminder to submit the Biometrics fee if you did not include it with your
application submission.

In order to avoid delays with your application, you must submit the Biometrics fee to this office by 2020-
07-25 (formatted as “year-month-day”). If your application submission meets the completeness
requirements, we will send you the Biometrics Instruction letter after we get your biometrics fee.

Please disregard this reminder if you have already paid and submitted your Biometrics fee with
your application or since the submission of your application.

------

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Without AOR how they can send a fee request. It’s usually after AOR
There is occasionally a missing AOR. If you got a fee reminder email, your application has been received and not rejected for missing signatures/documents. The email should also include the application number.

Reactions: edenfair

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
There is occasionally a missing AOR. If you got a fee reminder email, your application has been received and not rejected for missing signatures/documents. The email should also include the application number.
Thank you for the clarification! There was an application number in the attached pdf, but I'm wasn't able to link it successfully to the online service. I'll give it another try in about a week or so.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thank you for the clarification! There was an application number in the attached pdf, but I'm wasn't able to link it successfully to the online service. I'll give it another try in about a week or so.
There are about seventeen wrong ways to try to link an application and only one magical right way.

Does the application number start with F? If so, it's the PR application. Try to link it to the sponsor's GCKey. You can also use the F# to try to look up the application on ECAS.

edenfair

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
It's an F followed by 9 numbers. I'm the PA and my husband doesn't have his own GCKey, was hoping we could just see everything from my account. Should I be trying to link the application with the Sponsor's or PA's info? I've been trying with my own info and putting "2" as the number of people on the application.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's only you that can link it in GCKey.

The 2 is a common error, but also try the other options for identifying yourself. Birthday, place of birth, UCI if you know it, etc.

PreferredRobot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Manitoba
So stressful (the waiting that is) we applied through a lawyer.. feb 2020 :| .. does anyone have a lawyer? If yes do you get information to your mail or email or does everything go to the lawyer?

Jagroop Sahi

May 15, 2020
They received my app on February 25. If it weren't for COVID, I could have reasonably expected the AOR somewhere around the middle of April-May, just based off former averages, which was about 52 days. Yesterday was 4 months since they received my app and I randomly get that email....

I think the generally accepted expectations are out the window at this point. They do what they want, then we just have to adapt and hope for the best.

Here is a bit more detail about the email I got:

From: CIC.CPCMississaugaDoNotReply-CTDMississaugaNePasRepondre.CIC
(Honestly looked like spam with that long email address)

Subject: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client/Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada - Communication auprès de la clientèle - CPCM / CTDM - Biometrics Fee Reminder Letter

Body:

This message is sent via an inbox that does not receive messages, please do not reply to this email.
------------

Dear Client,

This email is regarding the Application for Permanent Residence under Family Class Sponsorship that you submitted to this office.

Attached please find a letter related to your application. Please fully read the attachment and save this message for your records.

The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will need a program capable of opening .PDFs. One such program is Adobe Reader, it is free to use and available at the following link: www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately to CIC. Please note CPC-Mississauga does not process address changes/updates. Once an application is in process at our office, changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp. Failure to provide a current or correct address may result in delays in the processing of your application.

Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. Also, please be advised that the contents of this e-mail, including its attachment, are intended for the exclusive use of the recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from reading, using, disclosing, copying, or distributing this e-mail or any of its contents. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and permanently delete this e-mail and its attachments, along with any copies thereof. Thank you.
My application was received on 26th feb
Haven’t received any mail or email since then
Is it a matter of concern then?

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
My application was received on 26th feb
Haven’t received any mail or email since then
Is it a matter of concern then?
Try raising a case specific inquiry through webform via ircc webform ( you can google that ) see what they have to say.