+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

micky11111

Feb 15, 2019
just to let you know that, I have applied TRV twice for my wife, before applying for the Sponsorship- Rejected both the attempts
I am also interested to give a try now again.
Thank you Jeewan, lets hope everything will go well.
Did you apply online or submitted paper application ?
and what was the reason for rejection ?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
By the looks of things, AOR1 takes a while, and then once that is through, the process starts relatively fast!
Depends on the Visa Office, the backlogs, the case processing officer as well as how straight forward the case is. Its usually the PA’s background (criminality & security) check that takes the most time from what I have read on the forum.

springtocanada

Feb 13, 2019
Thank you Jeewan, lets hope everything will go well.
Did you apply online or submitted paper application ?
and what was the reason for rejection ?
you might wanna post it to senior members. I read a couple of posts where it says that TRV rejection unnecessary complicates the PR application. Again I don't know anything about it. I was also willing to apply for TRV for spouse but after reading those posts have shelved out plans.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
By the looks of things, AOR1 takes a while, and then once that is through, the process starts relatively fast!
Actually, there will be a fast phase with SA, biometric and medicals, all of which should fit in a month or so, but then it will again slow down. When an application is transferred to a VO overseas, it might take months without any actions.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
you might wanna post it to senior members. I read a couple of posts where it says that TRV rejection unnecessary complicates the PR application. Again I don't know anything about it. I was also willing to apply for TRV for spouse but after reading those posts have shelved out plans.
TRV rejection especially if you’re rejected more than twice before you apply is concerning to the officer as it comes across as you being desperate to enter Canada, but if you file it after your application is in process (ie. you have the Sponsorship Approval Letter) and provide the genuine reason that you miss your significant other and give solid proof of your intent to return, you can get TRV and even if its rejected, no adverse effects.

Side note: If people want to apply for TRV and see if they can lay out solid proof of their intention to return, read the thread below. Will help out a lot.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-granted-wife-of-pr.273759/

Last edited:

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
TRV rejection especially if you’re rejected more than twice before you apply is concerning to the officer as it comes across as you being desperate to enter Canada
Where is this information coming from?
If an applicant tried to get PR status in Canada before spousal sponsorship application (for example via refugee program) and was not successful, then sponsorship might be considered as "being desperate to enter Canada". But TRV is just visitor/tourist visa. I don't see how rejection to visiting may affect a sponsorship application. Especially if you're in relationship, your other half applied for TRV to come to visit you, being rejected, and then some day later applied for sponsorship - I can't see any contradictions here. It's very hard to get a visa to Canada, and so many people try to apply just to come and visit their loved ones before they even start sponsorship program, and so many people being rejected TRV, so if that affected PR applications somehow, I believe it would affect almost everyone.

Last edited:

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Where this information is coming from?
If an applicant tried to get PR status in Canada before spousal sponsorship application (for example via refugee program) and was not successful, then sponsorship might be considered as "being desperate to enter Canada". But TRV is just visitor/tourist visa. I don't see how rejection to visiting may affect a sponsorship application. Especially if you're in relationship, your other half applied for TRV to come to visit you, being rejected, and then some day later applied for sponsorship - I can't see any contradictions here. It's very hard to get a visa to Canada, and so many people try to apply just to come and visit their loved ones before they even start sponsorship program, and so many people being rejected TRV, so if that affected PR applications somehow, I believe it would affect almost everyone.
This information like most of the information is shared throughout the forums based on past experiences of many members. You even get information based on vast number of cases and why TRV was rejected. Yes You are right in the sense that its not a crime to apply for TRV when you are in a relationship especially if its a couple of times but the biggest reason that it becomes an issue during Sponsorship application (if you keep applying multiple times) is if the reason for those TRV rejections were that the person couldn’t sufficiently provide proof of ties to their home country and intent to return, (overstay with loved one etc), the sponsorship application looks like a last resort of sorts to get into Canada and the officer starts doubting the genuineness of the relationship (which again is not hard to prove if ur relationship is truly genuine but it becomes another hassle to deal with and delays the application). Ofcourse every officer is different and no two cases are exactly alike. This was my 2 cents on it :)

Caron95

Feb 16, 2019
Hi guys I am sponsoring my husband (USA) to Canada
We sent the application; Feb 16th

Excited for this journey