+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

hs0212

Feb 1, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am the Sponsor and we're finally ready to submit our application for my outland spouse (he's in Iran). I just have a question regarding mailing or courier and what the exact difference is? Is one better or faster than the other because mailing it express should work the same no? What have your experiences been with either method you've chosen? And if I send it tomorrow (Feb 13th), when can I expect to receive an initial confirmation (AOR1 and AOR2)?

Also, once I send my application and receive some kind of confirmation from IRCC, can my outland spouse then apply for a visitor visa to come and see me in the meantime until his application is processed? Has anyone had successful results with a TRV during processing of their application and if so what was the timeline within which you applied for the TRV and received the visa?

Thanks!

Hadis

Last edited:

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hi everyone,
I am the PA and finally ready to submit our application for my outland spouse (he's in Iran). I just have a question regarding mailing or courier and what the exact difference is? Is one better or faster than the other because mailing it express is fast too right? What are my options for sending it via mail or courier? What have your experiences been with the method you've chosen? And if I send it tomorrow (Feb 13th), when can I expect to receive an initial confirmation (AOR1 and AOR2)?

Also, once I send my application and receive some kind of confirmation from IRCC, can my outland spouse then apply for a visitor visa to come and see me in the meantime until his application is processed? Has anyone had successful results with a TRV during processing of their application and if so what was the timeline within which you applied for the TRV and received the visa?

Thanks!

Hadis
Mailing is usually slower than courier. CanadaXpress is Courier but I suggest to choose other courier company. I have sent my application on the 6th and it was supposed to be delivered on the 11th but its apparantly going to be delivered 2 days late (today). FedX would be ideal I guess. Regarding TRV if your spouse can tick mark on everything that they consider as having strong ties to home country, it will be obtainable but TRV success rates are quite low. There is a separate thread explaining how the person successfully got their TRV. You can search it on the forum and read through to get an idea as to what a strong TRV case is.

Reactions: shettyhemant

Cherryp

Oct 8, 2018
Hi All,

I have applied my PR application through India(spouse sponsorship).

Application sent on 5th feb 2019 via canada xpress post
Application received on 8th feb 2019

Let's see when will i get AOR ☺

springtocanada

Feb 13, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am the Sponsor and we're finally ready to submit our application for my outland spouse (he's in Iran). I just have a question regarding mailing or courier and what the exact difference is? Is one better or faster than the other because mailing it express should work the same no? What have your experiences been with either method you've chosen? And if I send it tomorrow (Feb 13th), when can I expect to receive an initial confirmation (AOR1 and AOR2)?

Thanks!

Hadis
Try Purolator Express. Gets you within a day.

springtocanada

Feb 13, 2019
Hi All,

I have applied my PR application through India(spouse sponsorship).

Application sent on 5th feb 2019 via canada xpress post
Application received on 8th feb 2019

Let's see when will i get AOR ☺
Our application is 1-day close. All the very best,

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
To whoever is a new applicant in feb and will be reading this, I’d strongly advice you against sending any important documents through Canadapost be it Xpress. I have sent mine on the 6th. Was promised a delivery date of 11th including weather issues. That was pushed to 12th saying guaranteed delivery. Then was again pushed to the 13th and now for the 3rd time they have pushed it ahead and say that they cant give a definite guaranteed date. I already am in this mess, dont want others to suffer too.

Reactions: Muhyy90

EDM_DHILLON

Feb 14, 2019
Hello everyone ! :)

My timeline :

Application sent : Feb 5th
Application received : Feb 8th

Are we able to Link paper applications before AOR is emailed out to us?
It's ridiculous that we have to wait for 3 months just for a confirmation/refusal on our applications :(

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Are we able to Link paper applications before AOR is emailed out to us?
Different people report different cases. I've read one can link an application after around 10 days it was received by case processing centre. On CIC website they say it takes them up to 5 days to enter the information into their system and after that you should be able to link it. When linking, you can try to use a combination that does not require an application number, for example first/last name, or UCI (if you know it) and a last name. It does not hurt to give it a shot.

It's also very confusing that some people can link an app saying there is just 1 person in an app (so sponsor does not count in this case) and some people say they were able to link saying there are 2 people, including a sponsor. The number of combinations can be very high. Just try 5 times every day and some day you'll be lucky :) I was not able to link my app yet, but I just applied, so I think maybe it's not even in the system yet.

Reactions: EDM_DHILLON

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Different people report different cases. I've read one can link an application after around 10 days it was received by case processing centre. On CIC website they say it takes them up to 5 days to enter the information into their system and after that you should be able to link it. When linking, you can try to use a combination that does not require an application number, for example first/last name, or UCI (if you know it) and a last name. It does not hurt to give it a shot.

It's also very confusing that some people can link an app saying there is just 1 person in an app (so sponsor does not count in this case) and some people say they were able to link saying there are 2 people, including a sponsor. The number of combinations can be very high. Just try 5 times every day and some day you'll be lucky :) I was not able to link my app yet, but I just applied, so I think maybe it's not even in the system yet.
The 5 days on CIC website is for online applications. Paper applications like all of ours have to wait until a file number & UCI is generated and provided through AOR. Its a wait game after all...

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
The 5 days on CIC website is for online applications. Paper applications like all of ours have to wait until a file number & UCI is generated and provided through AOR. Its a wait game after all...
I may agree with you about 5 days because I don't have any other info about it, but to link an app you don't have to wait for AOR. Right at the moment I'm reading this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2018-outland-spousal-sponsorship.600483/page-13#post-7567306 and a guy is saying they were able to link an app. Here's what they say:

I didn't receive AOR but I was able to link via GCKey via family name and place of birth. Application received December 6th in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I may agree with you about 5 days because I don't have any other info about it, but to link an app you don't have to wait for AOR. Right at the moment I'm reading this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2018-outland-spousal-sponsorship.600483/page-13#post-7567306 and a guy is saying they were able to link an app. Here's what they say:
Must be one of the outlier cases then I guess. Thanks for bringing it to light. I feel even if you do link your application you wont get any updates until the visa officer has actually gone ahead and started working on your application.