+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2016 Applications

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Husseinsyed said:
Mine is Scarborough right after 3 months and 17 days i got citizenship test/interview letter.
I sent my aplication by the end of November last year
That's good. Did they ask you for finger prints? Any irregularities? Have you been invited to take the oath?

Husseinsyed

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Rayan14 said:
That's good. Did they ask you for finger prints? Any irregularities? Have you been invited to take the oath?
No, i will write my test on April 4th and I believe after passing the test they will ask me to come to take oath.

Vangel

Mar 21, 2016
Cappuccino said:
Hi Vangel welcome!

Whereabouts in the Vancouver area are you based? Will your visa office be in Vancouver office itself or one of the local offices? I think our office will be Surrey.

They don't seem to be very good at updating ECAS and the test invitation apparently arrives by regular mail. This is a bit annoying if the mail goes adrift - no email or electronic record to say they have even sent it.

Ah well, fingers crossed. Not that we're in a mega-hurry however it would be nice to have all this wrapped up before Sep/Oct time when our permanent residents cards would otherwise be due for renewal.

Wayne
Too true! We just received our test invite in the mail today (from the Vancouver office at Expo Blvd). The letter is dated March 21st and our test is scheduled for April 14th :) Although there is no mega-hurry for us either it's a relief to have things progressing smoothly so far and to know the date so we can plan around it. The CIC website seems to be down at the moment so I can't check ECAS yet to see if they updated it there.

*Update: Checked ECAS and it has been updated "We sent you a notice on March 21, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 14, 2016..." so doesn't seem like they are too far behind in this instance.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Vangel said:
Too true! We just received our test invite in the mail today (from the Vancouver office at Expo Blvd). The letter is dated March 21st and our test is scheduled for April 14th :) Although there is no mega-hurry for us either it's a relief to have things progressing smoothly so far and to know the date so we can plan around it. The CIC website seems to be down at the moment so I can't check ECAS yet to see if they updated it there.

*Update: Checked ECAS and it has been updated "We sent you a notice on March 21, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 14, 2016..." so doesn't seem like they are too far behind in this instance.
Exciting! We haven't heard anything *as of yet* but hopefully since we're in a similar location and similar timelines we should hear something soon.

So Vancouver will be your local office? I believe ours will be Surrey since we live in Langley. That could also play a factor if Surrey have more of a backlog than Vancouver, not sure...

Vangel

Mar 21, 2016
Cappuccino said:
So Vancouver will be your local office? I believe ours will be Surrey since we live in Langley. That could also play a factor if Surrey have more of a backlog than Vancouver, not sure...
Yes. We live in Kits so Vancouver office is closest. Hopefully it's a similar timeline for the Surrey office in which case you may hear something within the next week or so.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Rayan14 said:
Any updates?
Hi - nothing here. My ECAS still just says in process, no test invite by email or by regular mail as of yet.

Hopefully we will hear something this week.

algladz

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
lanao del norte
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-10
AOR Received.
30-03-11 waiting
Med's Request
00-00-00 waiting
Passport Req..
00-00-00 wating
LANDED..........
12-26-2011 Thank you Lord!
hello everyone,

We just submitted our application it was received last march 24th. Hoping that we can get AOR soon.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
algladz said:
hello everyone,

We just submitted our application it was received last march 24th. Hoping that we can get AOR soon.
This is the February applicants' thread.

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did most of Feb applicants got test invite letters so far?
I'm a cusp of Feb and March so checking if I myself and my kid can start studying now...!! Once we get the notice, we might get only 2-3 weeks for the preparations - correct?
My kid is just over 14 and probably she needs a good time to learn all the history, dates and names.
;D

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajithpl said:
I'm a cusp of Feb and March so checking if I myself and my kid can start studying now...!! Once we get the notice, we might get only 2-3 weeks for the preparations - correct?
My kid is just over 14 and probably she needs a good time to learn all the history, dates and names.
;D
Not yet .. Still waiting
My file have been in process since March 4th ...

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajithpl said:
;D
Not yet... Frustrating.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
ajithpl said:
;D
Nope it looks like it's very much dependent on which local office will be processing your application.

I see some people who went in process after me - got their test, had their test and decision made.
Others have or had their test very soon.

We have not yet heard anything yet since "In Process".

But also some people who went in process before me still have not had the test invitation.

To be honest I am not in a great hurry but would be nice to get the oath over the summer so I can get the passport prior to the autumn when our PR is due for renewal.

Wayne.

arditeljezi

Apr 15, 2016
Hello everyone I need some help, this is what I have until now :
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 10, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 22, 2016.
I haven't received the book yet, and the application status it's not changing should I call them or wait more ?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
arditeljezi said:
Hello everyone I need some help, this is what I have until now :
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 10, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 22, 2016.
I haven't received the book yet, and the application status it's not changing should I call them or wait more ?
They don't mail you a hard copy of the book unless you ask for it. When they say they sent you the study book, they sent you the LINK to the study book and you can download it.

In former years they had added a line in ECAS saying when they transferred your file to the local office for processing but it seems this line is no longer added.

So you are in the same boat as many of us - just "in process". The next thing you will hear is an invitation to attend the Citizenship Test, but please note this should arrive by regular mail, not email. ECAS should then be updated shortly afterwards to say that they sent you the test invite.

You may wish to check the following spreadsheet for an indication of when you might expect to receive a test invite - but the exact timelines depend on a lot of things, complexity of your application and also which local visa office will be processing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HO2bMpPOII6R0N7q3oULrAgA27LJYaz3l9fMWcGaOms/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Best of luck