+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2016 Applications

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got to chat briefly with the current minister of immigration/citizenship during an event last week. I was told the two top priority for the CIC these days are: 1- Family reunification/spousal apps, 2- Syrian refugees. The rest of us rubes have to wait for 10-12 months before anything can be done.

dipashah

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Interview........
-
ajithpl said:
The current processing time of 5 months is till Decision made. The oath/ certificate can still take 1-2 months. If you are away for test or oath, you still have the option of rescheduling it.
The processing time can still wary depending on the location with Toronto side a bit slower due to more applicants. Western region is comparatively faster.

Hi thanks for your reply. I am living in Calgary.

But still my question is can I leave Canada in between test and oath?

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes- you can travel. Calgary seems to be faster and if you dont have the oath date known, just let CIC know on your travel plans.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Reom27 said:
Congratulations and all the best in your preparation for the test.
Has your e-CAS been updated or not yet?
E-CAS still not updated as of today (1 day after I received the invite, 8 days after the date on the letter).

I will let you know as soon as it is updated.

Wayne

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: February 2016 Applications

I have the test confirmed in June along with my 15 year old daughter. Anyone knows if minors (14-18) will be given the same questionnaire like adults? My guess is that it will be the same, but if anyone has any experience or info, please let me know.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Re: Re: February 2016 Applications

ajithpl said:
I have the test confirmed in June along with my 15 year old daughter. Anyone knows if minors (14-18) will be given the same questionnaire like adults? My guess is that it will be the same, but if anyone has any experience or info, please let me know.
I believe it's the same test (or that is, from the same question pool since each test I think is a randomly selected compilation of questions) since the test is required for 14 to 64 years old currently.

I think minors are allowed an adult to accompany and sit by them during the test, but the adult is not allowed to help.

This is just my understand though, I do not have any direct experience of it.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Reom27 said:
Congratulations and all the best in your preparation for the test.
Has your e-CAS been updated or not yet?
So it is now 9 days since I received the letter from Surrey CIC about the test, and over 2 weeks since they sent it - and I can confirm that my ECAS status has still not updated.

Surrey office are significantly slowed than Vancouver office in both processing and updating ECAS, it would seem.

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That seems to be strange. I'm also from Surrey and the day I got my test invite on Apr 25 for June 21 by CP, eCAS was updated:
"We sent you a notice on xxxxxx to appear and write the citizenship test on xxxxx at xxxxx PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

beautybear

Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all, I got test invite by mail today, but there is citizenship application record of decision -subsection 5(1) come with it, anyone knows what is this about? So worried if it's about RQ..... :mad: :eek:

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beautybear said:
Hey all, I got test invite by mail today, but there is citizenship application record of decision -subsection 5(1) come with it, anyone knows what is this about? So worried if it's about RQ..... :mad: :eek:
What's your processing office?

CANADAPATRIOT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
dipashah said:
Hi thanks for your reply. I am living in Calgary.

But still my question is can I leave Canada in between test and oath?
Why to invite trouble. yes you can but you don't know what correspondence will be sent out during your absence. Two things can go terribly wrong -

- CIC abandons your application because they send you a letter requesting fingerprints, Record of movement/Entry Exit from any country, translations if your credentials were in some non - English language etc with 30 days limit to reply and you, due to absence, failed to provide those documents. Telling CIC that your sitting in overseas always doesn't work out.

- Due to identity match, CIC requests a personal interview with any official with 1 week limitation and you failed due to absence hence application will be abandoned or decision made negatively.

Still if you want to leave then leave but ensure that you-

- Change mailing address in CIC file to a person who can instantly open your CIC related mails and share its content with you wherever the hell you are sitting without any delay as requests will be time sensitive such as 30 days etc.

- Be ready to travel back to Canada instantly if you are issued CIT 0520 or RQ or Fingerprinting. To do that you have to be able fly in first class immediately with first class fares back to Canada. I doubt you guys do that.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
ajithpl said:
That seems to be strange. I'm also from Surrey and the day I got my test invite on Apr 25 for June 21 by CP, eCAS was updated:
"We sent you a notice on xxxxxx to appear and write the citizenship test on xxxxx at xxxxx PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."
I think they have just missed my updated on ECAS altogether. It's now been 4 weeks since they sent the citizenship test invite, and still my ECAS has not updated beyond "In process".
I might check my wife's see if hers was updated.

apgd

Mar 11, 2016
Hi everyone.

I just got my test invite letter yesterday (May 24). Letter is dated May 18th. No update yet in ECAS. Test date is June 16th.
My time line is:

• We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 4, 2016.
        We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 10, 2016.
        We started processing your application on February 21, 2016.
We got asked (my wife) for fingerprints via a letter dated March 30th. Went to get them done on April 7th. So, apparently, this caused very little delay in our case. I've read of people waiting a lot after this type of request.

Anyways, with the test invite, we were asked to bring our passports and have any stamps not in English translated. In my passport I have many stamps that are there since before becoming a Resident. Should I get these translated as well or only the ones that are relevant to the period of the application (since becoming a PR)?
One other question, should I have them done by a certified translator (as indicated in the letter) or could a friend do it for me and have him go before a Notary and do the declaration/affidavit?

apgd

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my test invite letter today slated for the first week of June as well... I am excited, but have no hope this will be a speedy process.