+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Citizenship Applicantions

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks, I wonder if we live in Thornhill, ON and mailed our application from there where it'll be assigned, Scarborough or St. Clair??
Thanks for your replies in advance.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
Folks, I wonder if we live in Thornhill, ON and mailed our application from there where it'll be assigned, Scarborough or St. Clair??
Thanks for your replies in advance.
For Thornhill residents...
The File processing is done at St-Claire and the Oath is at Scarborough...

suwail

Star Member
Mar 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I just sent our application yesterday? i wonder how do I access the E-cas online? Do they provide you details to log on or it's the same log in details when we apply for the PR? tHX

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suwail said:
Hi I just sent our application yesterday? i wonder how do I access the E-cas online? Do they provide you details to log on or it's the same log in details when we apply for the PR? tHX
Its the same log in details as your PR Card...
Use the PR Card # (8 digits) to log into e-cas...

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daktrader said:
For Thornhill residents...
The File processing is done at St-Claire and the Oath is at Scarborough...
Thanks Daktrader. Do you reckon it is better to be processed in St Claire rather than in Scarborough....? Or it doesn't really matter...?
I heard that officers are much nicer to people in Scarborough though.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
St-Clare is considered the hub for all the RQs for the GTA thus the busiest office in Ontario...
It doesnt really matter...I guess it only depends on how the officer had their coffee in the morning :D

HighFive said:
Thanks Daktrader. Do you reckon it is better to be processed in St Claire rather than in Scarborough....? Or it doesn't really matter...?
I heard that officers are much nicer to people in Scarborough though.

bunuelbresson

Feb 12, 2014
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 10, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 18, 2014.

Anjuli

Jan 18, 2014
bunuelbresson said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 10, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 18, 2014.
Hello everyone,
I sent my application Feb but because of the new fee I know they received it march 3rd. I see many of you who already sent it after me posting these messages here. Where do you read that? I tried to log in to CAS and it said couldnt find me so, I wonder what am I doing wrong? I cant wait to read that msg and know that something is moving forward finally. So please if someone could post at "singing into ECAS 101 for dummies (ME) Lol I would appreciate it. The other reason could be that they have not yet started processing my application right,? but I hope thats not the case.
Thanks!

taradil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2010
hello
the ecas is simple just enter your information, when it comes to identification type choose for example client id it is on your PR card front page it does not matter if you enter it 0000-0000 or 00000000 as long as you enter it rights
for the last name it is ok if you enter it like Smith or smith as you long as you enter correctly ;)
it is all the same as you did when you were checking for PR status .
just one question have you tried to contact CIC call centre 1-888-242‑2100 . they should tell you by now if your application has been received or not and when the process has started.
good luck and keep us posted

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi Anjuli,

I think that you should call CIC call centre. I sent my application on February 20th they received by registered mail on February 24th. I cannot see my ecas and when I called them they said that they never received my application because they cannot find it. Depends who you talked to they give you a different answer. The other agent said that my application might have been returned but it is already more than 60 days and nothing yet. Now I have found that this has happened to people before and suddenly their application is updated after a long wait. Call them so you will know what is happening.

Anjuli

Jan 18, 2014
Taradil and Future2010
Thank you both for your answers!! I will call them this week to see whats up. Crossing fingers .
Best luck to all

Blessings

A.

josemulino

Feb 10, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007
Hello everyone, I post my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 24, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 24, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 29, 2014.

I would like to know how do I know when my application has been sent to the local office and all criminal record has been cleared?
I also wanna know for what you have heard from people getting the booklet 1 month after sending the application, how long would it USUALLY take from the time I apply until I am called for the test. AND! should I expect to see something else on the website other than this in the near future? or they don't post anything else until they call you for the test? Thanks in advance

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi Josemulino,

You and me have the same dates but I have not get anything on Ecas.

Can you tell me if you just got the updates meaning yesterday or you got the information on ecas before?

Thanks..

dnt4554

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
josemulino said:
Hello everyone, I post my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 24, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 24, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 29, 2014.

I would like to know how do I know when my application has been sent to the local office and all criminal record has been cleared?
I also wanna know for what you have heard from people getting the booklet 1 month after sending the application, how long would it USUALLY take from the time I apply until I am called for the test. AND! should I expect to see something else on the website other than this in the near future? or they don't post anything else until they call you for the test? Thanks in advance
Go buy a crystal ball.

Ps. Youre quite the demanding lad.