+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Citizenship Applicantions

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Bikar said:
Thanks for this suggestion Ray. I have called several times. In the exam they told us we should be called in two months, but when I called they said it takes six months, but I have seen people who have had their oath ceremonies two weeks after the exam.
Yes, unfortunately, I can't find any rhyme or reason of how CIC works. Some people get their applications processed quicker than others...:(

Ray

cloudycanada

Oct 2, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Taipei (Spousal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
Doc's Request.
08-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
Passport Req..
07-04-2010
Sigh, another CIC bad story

Completed the test 20/20 in Aug 2014
Nothing.... 3 ATIP submitted (no real updates inside, besides the file is now in St Clair Toronto office instead of Kitchener)

FINALLY, another RQ letter 3/26 with only 30 days to collect OHIP claim history, bank statements for last 4 years, spouse T4/Option C

CIC asked 2010-2014, TD online had only 2011-2014 (missing 2010), but has complete TDWaterhouse statements from 2010-current
Q: Can she use TDW TFSA statements as bank statements? CIC asked "provide all bank statements and/or credit card statements"... not sure if they literraly meant ALL statements, or ALL statements we can find

For me, as a immigrant-become-Canadian, it is almost a bit unfair to my wife, even though I totally understand the reasoning
but in my honest opinion, our profile are quite normal - 2 adults, 2 kids born here, nothing unusuall

Anyway, may have to call CIC for extension if OHIP history doesn't come in time
Even if we replied in time, not sure how long it'll take again, 1 month, 1 year to review those additional documents?

SOME update (RQ mail) is better than no update??

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
cloudycanada said:
Sigh, another CIC bad story

Completed the test 20/20 in Aug 2014
Nothing.... 3 ATIP submitted (no real updates inside, besides the file is now in St Clair Toronto office instead of Kitchener)

FINALLY, another RQ letter 3/26 with only 30 days to collect OHIP claim history, bank statements for last 4 years, spouse T4/Option C

CIC asked 2010-2014, TD online had only 2011-2014 (missing 2010), but has complete TDWaterhouse statements from 2010-current
Q: Can she use TDW TFSA statements as bank statements? CIC asked "provide all bank statements and/or credit card statements"... not sure if they literraly meant ALL statements, or ALL statements we can find

For me, as a immigrant-become-Canadian, it is almost a bit unfair to my wife, even though I totally understand the reasoning
but in my honest opinion, our profile are quite normal - 2 adults, 2 kids born here, nothing unusuall

Anyway, may have to call CIC for extension if OHIP history doesn't come in time
Even if we replied in time, not sure how long it'll take again, 1 month, 1 year to review those additional documents?

SOME update (RQ mail) is better than no update??

Sorry to hear about this. I think you should send them what you can gather in the time frame that they want (30 days) with a letter that OHIP will be sent as soon as you get it from them.

I think if you ask for an extension and get that verbally, and the person telling you that does not record it, it might be an issue. You know how disorganized CIC can be. Send them what you got and in the cover letter tell them the rest will be sent afterwards.

Of course, that's just a suggestion. Can any other member here chime in what they might recommend?

Ray

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Hello everyone,

I had my test on October 29, 2014 in Scarborough, but when I called last week the agent said my file is in St. Claire and it is a normal file. Does anyone know why they send files to St Claire? I am still waiting for the oath ceremony by the way.

Thanks,

Bikar

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that is my information when i had check on line

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.
................................................................................

file transferred to Calgary office in march 2014
i received rq in march and i sent it in April 2014

when i was visiting my home home country after i applied my file to citizenship, i lost all of my documents in my home country and i came back with travel document.after that they sent me rq but unfortunately i lost all of my documents in my home country, is that could cause any delay in my processing time especially i lost my home country passport with stamps . please i need u answer me

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Hello everyone,

I became a Canadian citizen a couple of days ago. I will keep my fingers crossed that you will all become Canadians very soon.

All the best,

Bikar

Bikar said:
Hello everyone,

I had my test on October 29, 2014 in Scarborough, but when I called last week the agent said my file is in St. Claire and it is a normal file. Does anyone know why they send files to St Claire? I am still waiting for the oath ceremony by the way.

Thanks,

Bikar