+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Citizenship Applicantions

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
I never ordered ATIP. But I called one week before they sent me an oath letter, and the call-centre claimed my RQ hadn't been assessed yet. One week later, they sent me the oath invitation.

cloudycanada

Oct 2, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Taipei (Spousal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
Doc's Request.
08-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
Passport Req..
07-04-2010
applicant314 said:
I never ordered ATIP. But I called one week before they sent me an oath letter, and the call-centre claimed my RQ hadn't been assessed yet. One week later, they sent me the oath invitation.
Lucky you

My wife called CIC on Dec 4th and they couldn't tell her anything more than what online says, and no further update afterwards either
ATIP came and said file is transferred to St. Clair CIC (even though we live in Kitchener-Waterloo, jurisdiction says Kitchener too)...not sure why

nadahmedk

Star Member
May 10, 2010
Hi All,

Here's my experience with Test!!
We just went around 8:00AM on test date, (test to begin at 8:30AM)
We were asked to enter exactly at 8:30AM and the person in-charge took few minutes to verify IDs and explained the process, per him One person was calling all those cleared the test to next step, while those not cleared were asked to meet other 2 rooms.

it took me 2-3 minutes to complete, and reviewed another 2 minutes, but my wife took all 30 mintues review multiple times. May be this resulted our file to sit at last.

Saw few people going into room 1 while a lot in room 2 and room 3. we are called almost around 11:30 to Room 1 (Lucky), the lady said I scored perfect while my wife got 18 and she mentioned thats very good as many couldn't make 15, felt bad about them.

Then she said there is nothing she can ask as all my documents are perfect, so she just wanted to check PR, DEL and Health Card and just update the expiry dates and address if any changed, then Gave us date to come on Feb last week, we said we are travelling in March first week it would be good if its after that, so she promptly noted!!
Everything was perfect!!
Thanks to many on Forum for the tips!!

Not My tips on Test, Please make sure to read completely the BOOK sent, actually i didn't get the time, but I heard the complete audio book as I payed in my car when ever I was driving for the whole week. Any practice test if good it can enhance your knowledge, BUT NEVER RELY ON TESTS as the questions you see inside never appear on any PRACTICE TEST.

They are designed very well, the only way you can crack on the question is to exactly understand the question, MAKE SURE TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH as the questions come twisted and its not just the book but also ENGLISH is tested. And also try to make use of common sense.

so English, the book and common sense you can easily score.

Wish you all the BEST

Test @ 16th Jan 2015, 8:30AM Kitchener

Applied February 3 2014
Aor and booklet april 1st week
as per ecas is n process from March 19 2014

Local office kitchener

No updates of test on ECAS

Any tips for exams

natniel

Mar 1, 2012
Hi nadahmedk, my wife did the exam same date as yours and in kitchener too. The officer told her to come back end of february for the oath but no exact date, did they give you exact date already? or have you received the oath invitation already? Thanks!

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Waiting for oath ...test was on June 18, 2014 ...no RQ ..only Copy of my passport requested after a 2 weeks of test ..ordered ATIP 4 times till now but nothing new :-[

rahilp06

Feb 23, 2014
Hi
One dummy question: is the test pattern paper based or computerized?

Also, do we have to memorize all the names and dates listed in the canada history section of discover Canada book.

Thanks

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
osamaamany said:
Waiting for oath ...test was on June 18, 2014 ...no RQ ..only Copy of my passport requested after a 2 weeks of test ..ordered ATIP 4 times till now but nothing new :-[
Perhaps if you stop ordering ATIPs every other week or so, you'll allow CIC to finally process your case and invite you to the oath...

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Hello everyone,

Any updates on ceremonies for February 2014 applicants? I took my test in October 2014, but I have not been called in for ceremony yet. Is this normal considering that I did not have to send a residency questionnaire?

All the best,

Bikar

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Bikar said:
Hello everyone,

Any updates on ceremonies for February 2014 applicants? I took my test in October 2014, but I have not been called in for ceremony yet. Is this normal considering that I did not have to send a residency questionnaire?

All the best,

Bikar
Have you called the Call Centre? Oath time after test depends on the local office. When you took the test did they say how long it might be? You may want to call the call centre to get an update

Ray

muisng62

Mar 12, 2015
Hi everyone
i think i posted in the wrong topic earlier.
i really need help urgently here...
I received 3 RQs - me and 2 daughters excluding another minor daughter and it is a nightmare to complete and collate the documents.

q1. They have asked for Bank/Credit Card statements under "Employment ties" (pg3)amongst documents like notice of assessments, T5 and T4,as the proof of employment. I have been unemployed hence do not have T4. Do i have to provide bank statement AND monthly credit card statements for 4 years = 48 credit card statements + 48 bank statements. Each bank statement is $5.Banks only provide the latest 6 months online (not exactly in my relevant period) and the rest are chargeable. I have T5s , notice of assessments, rental payments, purchase and sale of townhouse document etc. Will these suffice, together with about 10 random credit card statements for the 4 year relevant period? Should i put this in, or spend close to $100 to get Mastercard to print out 4 year statements for me, plus $250 for checking account statements? This is really exorbitant. Please advise if it is a worthwhile cost to incur. Thanks .

q2. under Proof of Residence, my property tax assessments are not complete as i sold my townhouse and records were inadvertently destroyed. I only have 3 year record instead of 4. Will the title deed and sale documents suffice? I do have the residential insurance policies tho for the period of stay.

q3- the medical history required - do we pay to get from family doctor's office or as i understand, from Health Insurance BC (HLTH 2942). Since it will take approx 6 weeks for them to send out, do you advise that i just send in the RQ with a copy of the request form attached to indicate it will be forwarded to them later, or should we pay to request from our family physician? I have 3 sets of tequests (3 RQs) so again it is another cost.

q4.Unfortunately i am only active in community after the relevant period hence do not have any "social ties" here. What should i do for this section (pg 5)where they have asked for description and letters from organisation?

q5 i noticed there is a discussion on the RQ form. My RQ is CIT 0171 (10-2013) E which seemed to differ from others?

This is really a stressful process... Any advice on above and any other notes will be sincerely appreciated! I received the RQs one week after the printed date on the form!

Thank you everyone

Mui

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
muisng62 said:
Hi everyone
i think i posted in the wrong topic earlier.
i really need help urgently here...
I received 3 RQs - me and 2 daughters excluding another minor daughter and it is a nightmare to complete and collate the documents.

q1. They have asked for Bank/Credit Card statements under "Employment ties" (pg3)amongst documents like notice of assessments, T5 and T4,as the proof of employment. I have been unemployed hence do not have T4. Do i have to provide bank statement AND monthly credit card statements for 4 years = 48 credit card statements + 48 bank statements. Each bank statement is $5.Banks only provide the latest 6 months online (not exactly in my relevant period) and the rest are chargeable. I have T5s , notice of assessments, rental payments, purchase and sale of townhouse document etc. Will these suffice, together with about 10 random credit card statements for the 4 year relevant period? Should i put this in, or spend close to $100 to get Mastercard to print out 4 year statements for me, plus $250 for checking account statements? This is really exorbitant. Please advise if it is a worthwhile cost to incur. Thanks .

q2. under Proof of Residence, my property tax assessments are not complete as i sold my townhouse and records were inadvertently destroyed. I only have 3 year record instead of 4. Will the title deed and sale documents suffice? I do have the residential insurance policies tho for the period of stay.

q3- the medical history required - do we pay to get from family doctor's office or as i understand, from Health Insurance BC (HLTH 2942). Since it will take approx 6 weeks for them to send out, do you advise that i just send in the RQ with a copy of the request form attached to indicate it will be forwarded to them later, or should we pay to request from our family physician? I have 3 sets of tequests (3 RQs) so again it is another cost.

q4.Unfortunately i am only active in community after the relevant period hence do not have any "social ties" here. What should i do for this section (pg 5)where they have asked for description and letters from organisation?

q5 i noticed there is a discussion on the RQ form. My RQ is CIT 0171 (10-2013) E which seemed to differ from others?

This is really a stressful process... Any advice on above and any other notes will be sincerely appreciated! I received the RQs one week after the printed date on the form!

Thank you everyone

Mui
Hi Mui,

It's difficult to collect all the documents and you have to pay for bank statements and health records. We had to do that for my wife and it was a nightmare. I have a friend who did not send the completed RQ, and instead he withdrew his application. After a couple of months, he applied again and this time he was not given an RQ and he had passport in 7 months. But it differs from one person to another.

Bikar

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
raymasa said:
Have you called the Call Centre? Oath time after test depends on the local office. When you took the test did they say how long it might be? You may want to call the call centre to get an update

Ray
Thanks for this suggestion Ray. I have called several times. In the exam they told us we should be called in two months, but when I called they said it takes six months, but I have seen people who have had their oath ceremonies two weeks after the exam.