+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Citizenship Applicantions

natniel

Mar 1, 2012
Anyone still waiting for test invite? My wife applied in february, started processing March but still waiting for test invite.

PCanada

Jul 30, 2014
Hi guys,

Today, I passed my test and interview at Scarborough. The test section was super easy (I got 20/20). The interview section was also very smooth and friendly. But, the most surprising part was when the officer gave me the oath invitation letter right away after the interview. Below, you could have a look at my timeline.

Application sent: February 19th, 2014.
Application received: February 24th.
Under process: April 4th.
AOR & booklet: May 27th.
Received line disappeared: July 20th.
Test & interview: November 4th.
Oath: November 17th.

Good luck :)...

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
PCanada said:
Hi guys,

Today, I passed my test and interview at Scarborough. The test section was super easy (I got 20/20). The interview section was also very smooth and friendly. But, the most surprising part was when the officer gave me the oath invitation letter right away after the interview. Below, you could have a look at my timeline.

Application sent: February 19th, 2014.
Application received: February 24th.
Under process: April 4th.
AOR & booklet: May 27th.
Received line disappeared: July 20th.
Test & interview: November 4th.
Oath: November 17th.

Good luck :)...
Congratulations PCanada! Did you notice if they were giving the oath date to everyone, or just to some? Also, was your test invitation printed on blue or yellow paper? Could you also let me know if your ECAS is updated to show your oath ceremony? Thanks for sharing this information and congratulations again. Bikar

PCanada

Jul 30, 2014
Bikar said:
Congratulations PCanada! Did you notice if they were giving the oath date to everyone, or just to some? Also, was your test invitation printed on blue or yellow paper? Could you also let me know if your ECAS is updated to show your oath ceremony? Thanks for sharing this information and congratulations again. Bikar
Thank you Bikar :)... No, because I was the first person finishing both sections... My test invitation letter was blue... ECAS is not yet updated, but I let you know when it is!

spellbinder

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
Its coming to an end I suppose....

Application received: Feb 27th, 2014
Fingerprint Requested: Aug 14th, 2014
Test & interview: Oct 28, 2014
Oath: Nov 24, 2014
Local Office: Scarborough

I'll miss this forum dearly. This has been so helpful ever since my PR application days. Saying only 'helpful' is an understatement...

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
spellbinder said:
Its coming to an end I suppose....

Application received: Feb 27th, 2014
Fingerprint Requested: Aug 14th, 2014
Test & interview: Oct 28, 2014
Oath: Nov 24, 2014
Local Office: Scarborough

I'll miss this forum dearly. This has been so helpful ever since my PR application days. Saying only 'helpful' is an understatement...
Congratulations! Could you let me know how long after the test you received your oath letter? Does ECAS show it? Also, was your test invitation printed on blue or yellow paper?

Thanks and congratulations again, Bikar

spellbinder

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
Bikar said:
Congratulations! Could you let me know how long after the test you received your oath letter? Does ECAS show it? Also, was your test invitation printed on blue or yellow paper?

Thanks and congratulations again, Bikar
Thanks Bikar. I got the oath letter today (Nov 10) and they sent it on the 6th, so about 2 weeks after the test (i was told to wait 1-3 months after my interview).

Ecas shows it today, probably updated over the weekend as I didnt see it on friday. My test invitation letter was on a yellow paper. Is there a significance?

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
spellbinder said:
Thanks Bikar. I got the oath letter today (Nov 10) and they sent it on the 6th, so about 2 weeks after the test (i was told to wait 1-3 months after my interview).

Ecas shows it today, probably updated over the weekend as I didnt see it on friday. My test invitation letter was on a yellow paper. Is there a significance?
Thanks Spellbinder for this information. I think they use blue for routine and yellow for non-routine applications. Since you had to do finger prints, yours was non-routine and that is probably why you received your test invitation on yellow paper.

Congratulations again and take care. Bikar

marvelsun

Aug 11, 2007
natniel said:
Anyone still waiting for test invite? My wife applied in february, started processing March but still waiting for test invite.
Yes, I applied on Jan 27th. Started processing in March and file was transferred to local office in August. Still waiting for the test invite. My local office is Kitchener. Meanwhile, I have seen applicants from May 2014 have already received their test invites from the same office. A little frustrating..

cloudycanada

Oct 2, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Taipei (Spousal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
Doc's Request.
08-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
Passport Req..
07-04-2010
marvelsun said:
Yes, I applied on Jan 27th. Started processing in March and file was transferred to local office in August. Still waiting for the test invite. My local office is Kitchener. Meanwhile, I have seen applicants from May 2014 have already received their test invites from the same office. A little frustrating..
Doesn't mean much for Kitchener
My wife passed the test/interview Aug 29th, no oath invite yet after almost 2 months
So doing the test early != earlier oath, even though one'd think it's logical

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
No updates for February applicants?
We are still waiting for the oath. Passed our test on August 11th.

Happy Friday everyone!