+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Citizenship Applicantions

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
My wife and I took the test today. We passed got 18/20.

The officer said that it should take 2-6 weeks to get the oat letter.

Windsor

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ferry2911 said:
:) :) :) :) :) iI just received the oath invitation letter it will be on october 8 at mississauga office i wrote the test on september 4th
Congrats and share your oath experince

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Bikar said:
Congratulations Driss, Could you share your timeline and local office? Bikar
Hi everyone,

I applied on February 5, but I have not been invited to test yet. I appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

1. Do you think my case has taken longer than usual?
2. Do you think if I apply for ATIP, this might have a negative effect on my file? For example, the officer responsible for my file might further delay my file when he sees I have applied for ATIP?

Thank you very much for your suggestions, especially from those who have already applied for ATIP.

Bikar

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
Bikar said:
Hi everyone,

I applied on February 5, but I have not been invited to test yet. I appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

2. Do you think if I apply for ATIP, this might have a negative effect on my file? For example, the officer responsible for my file might further delay my file when he sees I have applied for ATIP?

Thank you very much for your suggestions, especially from those who have already applied for ATIP.

Bikar
Hi Biker

I don't think your case is taking longer than usual. Some people are lucky to get early test and oath but most people average waiting is 10 months. So hopefully before January you will get your test and oath invite. Some cases takes longer time based on background and profile like me. So keep the hope up.

ATIP shouldn't delay processing of your file. I have seen lots of people ordered ATIP and no one complain about delaying.

ferry2911

Aug 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
cairo,egypt
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-12-2005
AOR Received.
27-12-2005
Med's Request
13-7-2010
Med's Done....
26-7-2010
Passport Req..
9-9-2010
I had my oath ceremony today now I am canadian citizen I am feeling happy that I will be living here forever wishing all the best to everyone in the forum and my advice to everyone is always say the truth never do any fraud in the application everything will go fast and easy if there is honesty .Good Luck i started the immigration december 2005 i landed in 2010 i am citizen in 2014 9 years from the begging till the end take care guys ;)

anshen

Jun 12, 2011
Bikar said:
Hi everyone,

Bikar
I applied on MARCH 3, STILL WAITING FOR TEST

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ferry2911 said:
I had my oath ceremony today now I am canadian citizen I am feeling happy that I will be living here forever wishing all the best to everyone in the forum and my advice to everyone is always say the truth never do any fraud in the application everything will go fast and easy if there is honesty .Good Luck i started the immigration december 2005 i landed in 2010 i am citizen in 2014 9 years from the begging till the end take care guys ;)
Congrats ferry2911

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
future2010 said:
I got my oath date for October 27th. :D :D :D :D

Windsor

Thank you everybody for all your help.

Wish all good luck!
congratulations
good for you. I am from Windsor too, but haven't gotten even the test date yet.

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Thanks everybody.

I think that sometimes the problem with the delay have to be during background checks. While in my interview the office said that they have discovered that I am still a US Resident which it is not true as I gave up my permanent resident card when I moved to Canada. She did not believe me and I told her that I have a letter from the us embassy which says that I have given up my residency. She told me to mail her the later which I did the next day after my test and then she called me two days later to let me know that she received the later and my oath will be on October 27. They do check everything which I was surprise that they the a search on me with the US immigration.

Well it is all over now. I am glad that I am done.

Wish you all good luck.