+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Citizenship Applicantions

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi Sophie_Anne,

I will take the test on October 6.

I am hoping to get the oat letter in a couple of weeks after the test.

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi Sophie_Anne,

I will take the test on October 6.

I am hoping to get the oat letter in a couple of weeks after the test.

Anjuli

Jan 18, 2014
Hello everyone!!
It seems things are moving for most of us (yay!)
I took test sat 20th at 745am. Super nice and helpful staff at Mississauga office.
Test was fairly easy. (If u study and learn the whole book of course)
Then officer asked few questions going through application papers. Very nice and smooth.
I was shocked to be invited to take my oath right there! Gave me letter and four days later (Today!!) Was my oath
ceremony.it was beautiful and fun.I am so very happy :) and wish u all good results soon.
Something will stick to me was judge talking about how instead of tolerance we should embrace acceptance.
What a clever way to say things. We should all open our hearts to accept everyone around us same way Canada opened to accept each of us.

Anyways! It was great day. Awesome journey and its just the beginning.
Thanks for sharing this part with me. Blessings!

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anjuli said:
Hello everyone!!
I took test sat 20th at 745am. Super nice and helpful staff at Mississauga office.
Then officer asked few questions going through application papers. Very nice and smooth.
I was shocked to be invited to take my oath right there! Gave me letter and four days later (Today!!) Was my oath
ceremony.it was beautiful and fun.I am so very happy :) and wish u all good results soon.
Something will stick to me was judge talking about how instead of tolerance we should embrace acceptance.
What a clever way to say things. We should all open our hearts to accept everyone around us same way Canada opened to accept each of us.

Congrats

kentTO

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anjuli said:
Hello everyone!!

This is great. Congrats.

Can you comment on the extra docs they requested in the RQ?

Did you have a lot of travel?

What did you think was the hardest question asked in the interview?

ferry2911

Aug 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
cairo,egypt
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-12-2005
AOR Received.
27-12-2005
Med's Request
13-7-2010
Med's Done....
26-7-2010
Passport Req..
9-9-2010
:) :) :) :) :) iI just received the oath invitation letter it will be on october 8 at mississauga office i wrote the test on september 4th

SiberianA

Apr 2, 2014
Congratulations everyone who has become a Canadian or has some progress with their application!
I called CIC on September 22 to check if the oath had been scheduled as I was planning a trip - the agent told me there was no update on my file. On September 29 I received a notice to take the oath of citizenship. My ecas has already been updated to reflect this. My journey to citizenship will finally end on October 15 :p ;D :-* Can't wait - so excited! I'll be so proud I think I'll shed a few tears :D (during my 4 years in Canada I've achieved so much - it will be a very emotional yet proud day).

Good luck everyone who is still waiting and keep on being an excellent example to our fellow immigrants :-*

Became PR: October 10, 2010
Citizenship application received by Sydney: February 4, 2014
AOR letter and Discover Canada book sent: February 4, 2014
Started processing: March 21, 2014
AOR and Discover Canada book received: April 7, 2014
Received line disappeared: June 9, 2014
Citizenship Test: August 6, 2014
Oath: October 15, 2014

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
magic123 said:
Hi Everyone

Have the citizenship test on Oct 9 at 9.45 am.
Applied Feb 07, 2014
Congratulations Magic123. Could you share your local office and timeline?

Thanks,
Bikar

driss

Jul 11, 2014
Bikar said:
Hi Driss,

I am not sure what to say. You usually receive the test date around 1-2 weeks in advance. If I were you, I would not call the CIC, but I would be prepared to fly back as soon as I received a test date. Bikar
Hey guys

I passed the test yesterday, got 20/20. Some questions were a little bit tricky though. seems like Cic is using new sets of questions, but everything is from the book.
I noticed that some people failed and others barely passed the 15/20 score when i asked some of them.
The Cic officer said oath will be within 2 to 5 months. She just checked my passports and landing document. She didn't verify original documents. However, i had to sign a declaration for no criminal record, which is weird, since it as already included in the application i sent.
I wish the best of luck for everyone waiting their test invites soon.

Cheers,
Driss

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
driss said:
Hey guys

I passed the test yesterday, got 20/20. Some questions were a little bit tricky though. seems like Cic is using new sets of questions, but everything is from the book.
I noticed that some people failed and others barely passed the 15/20 score when i asked some of them.
The Cic officer said oath will be within 2 to 5 months. She just checked my passports and landing document. She didn't verify original documents. However, i had to sign a declaration for no criminal record, which is weird, since it as already included in the application i sent.
I wish the best of luck for everyone waiting their test invites soon.

Cheers,
Driss
Congratulations Driss, Could you share your timeline and local office? Bikar

driss

Jul 11, 2014
My timeline:

App received: february 3rd
start processing: march 20
book discover canada: april 4th
received line disappear: june 5th
letter for test on October 2nd

Local office : ottawa