+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

Passion2015

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
I received my AOR on April 10, 2015, but still my ecas is showing "Received" and still not in process. Is it normal?

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
Passion2015 said:
I received my AOR on April 10, 2015, but still my ecas is showing "Received" and still not in process. Is it normal?
Hello Passion2015,

You are not alone.

My AOR was received 12th March but my ecas is still showing 'Received'.
I did try to call CIC but to no avail. The agent will not reveal any information, as it has not passed the normal processing timeline.

p/s I just went into our Feb 2015 spreadsheet. Something doesn't look right there. Can someone please look into that? Many thanks.

febqq1986

Jul 5, 2015
Mail the application Feb 07
Start processing Mar 26
Transfer to Vancouver Local Apr 28 - This line now disappeared.

Hope the test can coming soon....

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Androse said:
Hello Passion2015,

You are not alone.

My AOR was received 12th March but my ecas is still showing 'Received'.
I did try to call CIC but to no avail. The agent will not reveal any information, as it has not passed the normal processing timeline.

p/s I just went into our Feb 2015 spreadsheet. Something doesn't look right there. Can someone please look into that? Many thanks.

Hi Androse,

I have just fixed and redone the Spreadsheet format.

Please check it again

Cheers

Queensland

Jul 6, 2015
Hello,
I'm also Feb 2015 applicant as a grant of citizenship. Good to see having a thread of Feb 2015 applicants!! :)

Here is my brief timeline:

Originally applied Dec 22nd 2014,
the application turned back on late Jan 2015 due to increased application fee
Resubmitted with full charge of the fee on Feb 15th ish 2015 via an express mail.
Received a confirm mail and AOR on March 21st 2015.
Now July 2015, I was expected to take a test, but haven't received anything yet?

I'm frustrating now because my CIC online service shows "we cannot identify your information."
I've tried my PR card number, UCI, and even application numbers on my AOR letter, but it keeps showing the same results.
Not showing my status online has been for 1~2 months....:(

I know it is risky to leave Canada after applying, but I left anyways because was given a chance to study that I always wanted to.
So I edited my address in Canada to my siblings' (also in Canada) on March~April on the CIC online service, and I saw the it was changed online.
I asked my siblings if they've got anything from the CIC, but they told me didn't receive anything.

Please help !! Does anyone have idea what's going on my application ???
Any advice would be appreciated !!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Queensland said:
Hello,
I'm also Feb 2015 applicant as a grant of citizenship. Good to see having a thread of Feb 2015 applicants!! :)

Here is my brief timeline:

Originally applied Dec 22nd 2014,
the application turned back on late Jan 2015 due to increased application fee
Resubmitted with full charge of the fee on Feb 15th ish 2015 via an express mail.
Received a confirm mail and AOR on March 21st 2015.
Now July 2015, I was expected to take a test, but haven't received anything yet?

I'm frustrating now because my CIC online service shows "we cannot identify your information."
I've tried my PR card number, UCI, and even application numbers on my AOR letter, but it keeps showing the same results.
Not showing my status online has been for 1~2 months....:(

I know it is risky to leave Canada after applying, but I left anyways because was given a chance to study that I always wanted to.
So I edited my address in Canada to my siblings' (also in Canada) on March~April on the CIC online service, and I saw the it was changed online.
I asked my siblings if they've got anything from the CIC, but they told me didn't receive anything.

Please help !! Does anyone have idea what's going on my application ???
Any advice would be appreciated !!
How were you able to change the address when you can't access e-cas?

Reading at your post, it looks like that you were able to access e-cas and able to change the address and then all of a sudden e-cas stopped working. Did this happen to you?

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HeisenbergCanada said:
Today I got a mail from CIC asking me to do the fingerprint (just me; not for wife). The letter is from CIC St.Clair Office.
Anyone with similar experience? Will this delay my application by any chance?
Hey man I just got the request for fingerprints as well :(

I am suspecting it's because of my name change situation. Any ideas why you got one?

Anyone able to tell me how MUCH this will delay my application?

Thanks!

febqq1986

Jul 5, 2015
Hello,

Wonder if anyone has similar situation.

There used to be a line saying the file transferred to Vancouver office on Apr 28, 2015. But this line disappeared I believe last month and never showed up again.

Any problem with that? Still not receving any further notification yet.

Cheers
Sherry

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
febqq1986 said:
Hello,

Wonder if anyone has similar situation.

There used to be a line saying the file transferred to Vancouver office on Apr 28, 2015. But this line disappeared I believe last month and never showed up again.

Any problem with that? Still not receving any further notification yet.

Cheers
Sherry
Transferred to the local office disappeared for lots of the people in this forum including myself.

Queensland

Jul 6, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
How were you able to change the address when you can't access e-cas?

Reading at your post, it looks like that you were able to access e-cas and able to change the address and then all of a sudden e-cas stopped working. Did this happen to you?
Hello,

Thanks for your quoting :)
Maybe I wrote this unclear, sorry about that ! And yes, you are right.
So, I changed my address on April, but it suddenly stopped working since late May to early June.
I cannot remember the exact time, but it's just rough timeline.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Queensland said:
Hello,

Thanks for your quoting :)
Maybe I wrote this unclear, sorry about that ! And yes, you are right.
So, I changed my address on April, but it suddenly stopped working since late May to early June.
I cannot remember the exact time, but it's just rough timeline.
Did you ever accidentally remove access of the application from cic online services (ECAS)? That is one possibility that might be preventing you to access e-cas.
Also, if you have different last name or if your last name has spaces, please try to enter last name differently. Also, some people have given name only without surname and in that case enter that given name in surname/family name section. Try it using client ID or pr card number. If you still can't access e-cas contact the call centre at 1-888-242-2100 to check why you can't access e-cas. Good luck!

Queensland

Jul 6, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
Did you ever accidentally remove access of the application from cic online services (ECAS)? That is one possibility that might be preventing you to access e-cas.
Also, if you have different last name or if your last name has spaces, please try to enter last name differently. Also, some people have given name only without surname and in that case enter that given name in surname/family name section. Try it using client ID or pr card number. If you still can't access e-cas contact the call centre at 1-888-242-2100 to check why you can't access e-cas. Good luck!
Thanks for the advice thecoolguysam !!

Yeah I hope that will work, and good luck on your application as well :)

Cheers!

davidjn

Star Member
May 30, 2009
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2009
Doc's Request.
21-08-2009, Docs sent 24-10-2009
Nomination.....
File Transferred to London 25-08-2009
AOR Received.
14-12-2009, Ecas IN PROCESS on March 31st
File Transfer...
25-08-2009,
Med's Request
13-04-2011
Med's Done....
22-05-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
28-11-2011
Anyone here from Calgary. I never heard any Calgary Candidates getting test letter?

malabadi

Feb 11, 2015
My AOR was received in late March and updated to "In Process" status in late May, no progress since then, I have never seen "transferred to local office" while I was checking my status online. Since some people mentioned that their local office transfer line was disappeared on the system, I am curious if same thing happened to mine or not as I was not checking it frequently.

I have two questions:

1) Do you still see "in process" in the first page, after your transfer line disappeared from the details?

2) I will be away for holidays during August, what happens if a letter test date mail will be sent during that time with a relatively short notice? Any ideas on test date notifications, any e-mail option?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
1) Yes you still see 'In process' in the first page

2) If you are going away for more than 2 weeks you need to call and let CIC know, you could get a test letter and it will appear via snail mail, they do not send email notifications (There is a thread where so far only 2 candidates mentioned receiving Test Invite via E-Mail but this seems to be a very rare case so far and I have not seen other people mention this, might be something done for one particular local office).