App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
chaudri786 said:
@ vtg how did you contact CIC?

@ thecoolguysam what options should i choose after calling the call centre and do they ask for your case number only for confirmation?
I contacted them via the cic website and got a response in 2 weeks.

SAHSAN

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John_Dorry said:
Hi Sahsan,

I received the invitation letter on June 15. Unfortunatelly, my first name was wrong on it. When I called CiC, I asked 2 questions :

- is it important to have the correct 1st name on the letter : answer : no. They have a list there and they will check your ID. The agent even told me we could show up without letter if we are sure about the date and the hour of the exam. BTW, the agent informed Montreal office and the sent me an other letter on June 16, but I still HAVENT received it. Maybe there is a few postal congestion there and you should receive your letter next week. If not, please call CIC, at least 2 weeks before the test (maybe on July 1st). Also check your emails (spam folder), they started sending invitations by email...

- my second question was about taking the oath on the same day : the answer was clear : if we had to take the oath on the same day, it would have been written on the Ecas and on the letter. If not, that means we'll only take the test (and interview) and we'll have to wait until receiving a second invitation for the oath...

Hope it answers to your questions and good luck for the test !!
Thanks for the reply! I received the original letter dated 12 June. But since a couple of days my ecas is saying that they sent me another letter on 16 June but I havent received it... what do you think it could be? Could it be an invitation to take the oath on the same day? Or ask for more information? I cant wait to find out.

I will try to call CIC tomorrow... Good luck to you too!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
chaudri786 said:
@ vtg how did you contact CIC?

@ thecoolguysam what options should i choose after calling the call centre and do they ask for your case number only for confirmation?
when you call 1-888-242-2100 press 4 and then 0. If the system states they are busy and can't transfer the call to the agent then hang up and dial the number again and press 4 and then 0. You need to call maybe 5-25 times until the system puts you on hold to talk to an agent.

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAHSAN said:
Thanks for the reply! I received the original letter dated 12 June. But since a couple of days my ecas is saying that they sent me another letter on 16 June but I havent received it... what do you think it could be? Could it be an invitation to take the oath on the same day? Or ask for more information? I cant wait to find out.

I will try to call CIC tomorrow... Good luck to you too!
Do you know your Test date ?

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAHSAN said:
Its the same as yours - 14 July!
Great ! I hope the 2nd letter is about the oath...

Still no news ! I asked the postwoman who usualy delivers our mail, she told me that 15 days is more than too much for receiving a letter, supposed to be sent on june 16... But Cic considers that it is a normal timing, they can only take action after 6 weeks..

We have to wait... And study !

YG

Mar 5, 2015
John_Dorry said:

Still no news ! I asked the postwoman who usualy delivers our mail, she told me that 15 days is more than too much for receiving a letter, supposed to be sent on june 16... But Cic considers that it is a normal timing, they can only take action after 6 weeks..

My test is scheduled for the 22nd of July, keep me posted about urs :)

SAHSAN

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John_Dorry said:

I called the CIC call centre - they said the last line about a letter being mailed to me on 16 June was a mistake. There was no such letter, I should just follow instructions on the 12 June letter that I have received and go for my test.

So yes, we have to wait and study!

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
Androse said:
Hello everyone,

Just want to know if there are members here who are still stuck at 'Received'. I am only asking because I have not read anyone mentioning it lately.
Majority have moved to 'In Process' or transferred to Local Office. Some have even done their test.

My application was received on 6th February. AOR on 12th March.

Please tell me what do they do before moving cases to 'In Process'? Security check?

Is this the number to call 1 888 242 2100?

Thank you in advance.

Androse
Further to this post, I just want to inform that I called CIC to check status of application.

Agent told me that they cannot check status unless it has passed the processing time. If it is still within, just wait.

What do I do? :(

SAHSAN

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Androse said:
Further to this post, I just want to inform that I called CIC to check status of application.

Agent told me that they cannot check status unless it has passed the processing time. If it is still within, just wait.

What do I do? :(
I got the same response whenever I called except when I had a specific question about a line on the ecas that said I had been sent a letter but I had not received it 2 days later. That was the only time the CIC agent looked up my file and gave me a response. Otherwise they just asked me: has it passed the processing time, and when I said no they told me to wait. But I waited and now I have my test in less than 2 weeks. But there have been others who were able to get the call centre agent to give more info... it just hasnt happened to me.

USNick

Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
AOR Received.
20-03-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-08-11
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
Just got the letter today inviting me to take the citizenship test in Kitchener on July 15. Letter was dated June 30.

Interestingly, there has been no update to my e-cas about this information. In fact, my LOT line has still not returned; the last line is about starting processing.

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
SAHSAN said:
I got the same response whenever I called except when I had a specific question about a line on the ecas that said I had been sent a letter but I had not received it 2 days later. That was the only time the CIC agent looked up my file and gave me a response. Otherwise they just asked me: has it passed the processing time, and when I said no they told me to wait. But I waited and now I have my test in less than 2 weeks. But there have been others who were able to get the call centre agent to give more info... it just hasnt happened to me.
Thank you Sahsan.

Wishing you the very best of luck in your test.

qfan

Apr 15, 2015
qfan said:
Quote from: qfan on April 15, 2015, 08:20:28 pm
My status, looked up online by online payment receipt number:
"""
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 5, 2015.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 7, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
"""

But the physical "letter acknowledging receipt" is still missing as of today (April 15). Is this still considered normal delays in Canada Post?

UPDATE:

3. We started processing your application on May 1, 2015.
UPDATE:

4. We sent you a notice on June 4, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 25

- - Received notice letter on June 09
- - Passed test on June 25
- - Waiting for next letter