+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

YG

Mar 5, 2015
John_Dorry said:
Hi Sahsan,

I received the invitation letter on June 15. Unfortunatelly, my first name was wrong on it. When I called CiC, I asked 2 questions :

- is it important to have the correct 1st name on the letter : answer : no. They have a list there and they will check your ID. The agent even told me we could show up without letter if we are sure about the date and the hour of the exam. BTW, the agent informed Montreal office and the sent me an other letter on June 16, but I still HAVENT received it. Maybe there is a few postal congestion there and you should receive your letter next week. If not, please call CIC, at least 2 weeks before the test (maybe on July 1st). Also check your emails (spam folder), they started sending invitations by email...

- my second question was about taking the oath on the same day : the answer was clear : if we had to take the oath on the same day, it would have been written on the Ecas and on the letter. If not, that means we'll only take the test (and interview) and we'll have to wait until receiving a second invitation for the oath...

Hope it answers to your questions and good luck for the test !!
Good to know! thx! :)

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Your application would be non-routine now and it may delay your application a little bit. Although CIC has started processing non-routine applications (mostly fingerprints etc) quickly.
Great! Thanks buddy!

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
Well my husband wrote his test on Friday. He passed ok but CIC wants a travel history report from CBP in order to confirm the dates my husband left Canada. When he applied he had 87 days outside Canada and 1244 in but no passport stamps. We live about 5 minutes from the border so all of our trips were either weekend getaways to Seattle, flights from Bellingham/Seattle or cruises to Alaska from Vancouver.

The lady interviewing my husband gave him the address for the I-94 request but that page is only for NON-US travellers (I have data on that page but he doesn't). So we've had to put in a Freedom of Information Act request to CBP to try and get the data before they will finish processing his application. I don't know if we will get a response within the "30 days to submit" that was written on the sheet my husband was given. Needless to say he was devastated after his test.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Hey Kess,

That is unfortunate it took 6 months before I got my FOIA I hope it does not take that long for you. Best of luck.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Kess said:
Well my husband wrote his test on Friday. He passed ok but CIC wants a travel history report from CBP in order to confirm the dates my husband left Canada. When he applied he had 87 days outside Canada and 1244 in but no passport stamps. We live about 5 minutes from the border so all of our trips were either weekend getaways to Seattle, flights from Bellingham/Seattle or cruises to Alaska from Vancouver.

The lady interviewing my husband gave him the address for the I-94 request but that page is only for NON-US travellers (I have data on that page but he doesn't). So we've had to put in a Freedom of Information Act request to CBP to try and get the data before they will finish processing his application. I don't know if we will get a response within the "30 days to submit" that was written on the sheet my husband was given. Needless to say he was devastated after his test.
it took me less than 1 month to get FOIA records.

WindsorFeb15Aspirant

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kess,

I found this article when searching for FOIA requests. There is a huge backlog of FOIA requests and this is delaying the response to the requests.

http://www.murthy.com/2015/06/24/foia-backlog-due-to-requests-for-immigration-records/

From the article..."Contacting an agency's FOIA Public Liaison can help to resolve delays."

FOIA Public Liaison: Sabrina Burroughs, Phone: (202) 325-0150

Hope they can expedite your request.

Good Luck!

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
Thanks for the responses. Our FOIA request was submitted last Friday (6/26) and was actually completed this morning (Monday, 6/29). I don't know what good luck we just used up for that to happen but hopefully anyone else waiting is seeing similar response time.

The pdf we received was 44 pages long but it looks like a printout from their computer system so only uses the top 3rd of the page. Lots of redacted fields too but that should just be stuff like officers names.

We're going to send an electronic copy as a case specific enquiry and I will physically drop off the paper copy with a cover letter tomorrow (my husband works so hopefully they will let me drop it off).

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Kess said:
Thanks for the responses. Our FOIA request was submitted last Friday (6/26) and was actually completed this morning (Monday, 6/29). I don't know what good luck we just used up for that to happen but hopefully anyone else waiting is seeing similar response time.

The pdf we received was 44 pages long but it looks like a printout from their computer system so only uses the top 3rd of the page. Lots of redacted fields too but that should just be stuff like officers names.

We're going to send an electronic copy as a case specific enquiry and I will physically drop off the paper copy with a cover letter tomorrow (my husband works so hopefully they will let me drop it off).
Great! Good luck!

Similar thing happened with one of the forum members here.

chaudri786

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
My fourth line

Case has been transferred to Calgary office on 20th of May was disappeared a while ago and has not been reappeared back.

Hopefully i receive test invitation soon :) no idea if the line will reappear or not.

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
Hello everyone,

Just want to know if there are members here who are still stuck at 'Received'. I am only asking because I have not read anyone mentioning it lately.
Majority have moved to 'In Process' or transferred to Local Office. Some have even done their test.

My application was received on 6th February. AOR on 12th March.

Please tell me what do they do before moving cases to 'In Process'? Security check?

Is this the number to call 1 888 242 2100?

Thank you in advance.

Androse

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Androse said:
Hello everyone,

Just want to know if there are members here who are still stuck at 'Received'. I am only asking because I have not read anyone mentioning it lately.
Majority have moved to 'In Process' or transferred to Local Office. Some have even done their test.

My application was received on 6th February. AOR on 12th March.

Please tell me what do they do before moving cases to 'In Process'? Security check?

Is this the number to call 1 888 242 2100?

Thank you in advance.

Androse
For some people ecas updates properly and for some people it does not update properly.
You can contact the call centre at 1-888-242-2100

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
My transferred to Edmonton June 2 line had disappeared so I had requested for more information on June 15, I got an email today telling me my file is now on way to Edmonton !
I don't get it I thought it was already at Edmonton !!!

chaudri786

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
@vtg how did you contact CIC?

@thecoolguysam what options should i choose after calling the call centre and do they ask for your case number only for confirmation?