Waived
Passport Req..
24-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2014
LANDED..........
27-07-2014
thecoolguysam said:
To add more into this: Don't rely on ecas as sometimes it updates and sometimes it does not. However you should still check ecas everyday.

The main point:All you need to do is to watch for your physical mailbox everyday for any test invites or any correspondence from cic.
Well said thecoolguysam, however cedarjet got the test invite by e-mail. Just like ScubaC I think this must be the first time, never heard of anyone getting a test invite by e-mail, maybe they just started doing this with their new system. Can someone please confirm this?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Joshemir said:
Wish us luck for tomorrow's exam and interview! Yay! ;D ;D ;D

------------------------------
Citizenship Application
Sent : 27 Jan 2015
Delivered : 9 Feb 2015
AOR : 12 Mar 2015
In Process: 7 Apr 2015
File Transferred: 11 May 2015
Notice: 8 Jun 2015
Test date : 24 Jun 2015
Oath date :
------------------------------
Good luck!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Lumumba said:
Well said thecoolguysam, however cedarjet got the test invite by e-mail. Just like ScubaC I think this must be the first time, never heard of anyone getting a test invite by e-mail, maybe they just started doing this with their new system. Can someone please confirm this?
As far as I know not everyone is receiving test invite by email. May be just few limited people.

Also couple of people have got oath by email. The name of the user is "Empirical-Scientist" in this forum and his partner and co-worker has got oath invite by email.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am so bummed, so I called CIC to make sure that they did send me an oath letter because I have been waiting for it since June 15th as per eCAS, the lady told me that they haven't sent me anything or there is no correspondence.. I was like seriously so why change the status and then add a line saying We sent you a letter on June 15, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. That is so not fair...

YG

Mar 5, 2015
m22ij said:
YG, actually it is not me lol it is my sister, she had her test on the 15th and the decision was made the same day just like your case.. so far she has nt received anything, called cic she said we can't do anything until it is passed the delay time in delivery which is june 30.. so we are just crossing fingers and hoping that she gets it anytime now
Ow I see! I hope she gets it soon... there is a form along with the test invitation that she has to sign and bring with her saying she was not convicted of any criminal offense and such...

nazka

Jun 23, 2015
samreentariq said:
A great way to finish the weekend. Another great piece of news got an update today and my file is now transferred to Local office for processing.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 2, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 11, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on June 11, 2015.
4.Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 16, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
Your timeline is similar to mine. Are you in Vancouver?

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yea she signed that already at the interview.

YG said:
Ow I see! I hope she gets it soon... there is a form along with the test invitation that she has to sign and bring with her saying she was not convicted of any criminal offense and such...

tumokbaris

Apr 15, 2015
cedarjet said:
Not necessarily, it depends on the clarity of the case. i'm a student and a university transcript makes life so much easier since they can see that I was attending. Plus, adding letters of explanations to some possible ambiguities also helps.
Thanks for the reply.
Well, my case should be very clear imho, I arrived in Canada as a PR 4 years ago, since almost day one I'm working full time and I only left country for 3 times for small vacations... There should be nothing confusing or suspicious but, thinking about it, my photo was really (i mean really) ugly! I realized that I forgot to add the photos the very last minute before mailing the application and got real quick ones at Jean Coutu's. Maybe they are thinking "Should we grant citizenship to this ugly guy looking like a horse-thief in wild west..?" :p :D

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Transferred to Local Office (Ottawa?) Movement appreciated!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 26, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 20, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 16, 2015.
Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 23, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I got a mail from CIC asking me to do the fingerprint (just me; not for wife). The letter is from CIC St.Clair Office.
Anyone with similar experience? Will this delay my application by any chance?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
HeisenbergCanada said:
Today I got a mail from CIC asking me to do the fingerprint (just me; not for wife). The letter is from CIC St.Clair Office.
Anyone with similar experience? Will this delay my application by any chance?
Your application would be non-routine now and it may delay your application a little bit. Although CIC has started processing non-routine applications (mostly fingerprints etc) quickly.

SAHSAN

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John_Dorry said:
I received my test invitation today!

Letter date : June 12, 2015 - Test date : July 14, 2015

Unfortunately, they used the wrong first name on the invitation, so I called CIC to ask them to correct it ...

I will keep you tuned!
Hi John Dorry,

I have the same test timeline as you. I have received an ecas notification that I will be sent a letter dated 12 June for the oath on 14 July. But I still havent received the letter in the post. Have you?

Also, there is an oath-taking ceremony in Montreal on 14th of July, do you think there could be a chance we get called to take oath right after the test?

Thanks!

paul911

Jun 1, 2011
update:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 26, 2015.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 20, 2015.

We started processing your application on June 19, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 25, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.

not sure what office though

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAHSAN said:
Hi John Dorry,

I have the same test timeline as you. I have received an ecas notification that I will be sent a letter dated 12 June for the oath on 14 July. But I still havent received the letter in the post. Have you?

Also, there is an oath-taking ceremony in Montreal on 14th of July, do you think there could be a chance we get called to take oath right after the test?

Thanks!
Hi Sahsan,

I received the invitation letter on June 15. Unfortunatelly, my first name was wrong on it. When I called CiC, I asked 2 questions :

- is it important to have the correct 1st name on the letter : answer : no. They have a list there and they will check your ID. The agent even told me we could show up without letter if we are sure about the date and the hour of the exam. BTW, the agent informed Montreal office and the sent me an other letter on June 16, but I still HAVENT received it. Maybe there is a few postal congestion there and you should receive your letter next week. If not, please call CIC, at least 2 weeks before the test (maybe on July 1st). Also check your emails (spam folder), they started sending invitations by email...

- my second question was about taking the oath on the same day : the answer was clear : if we had to take the oath on the same day, it would have been written on the Ecas and on the letter. If not, that means we'll only take the test (and interview) and we'll have to wait until receiving a second invitation for the oath...

Hope it answers to your questions and good luck for the test !!