+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

Ankush2810

Jan 31, 2018
Hello,

I am new to this forum. Wanted to know if I would be required to include the FBI PCC in my PR application.

I have been to the US multiple times in the past, everytime on a visitor (B1/B2) visa. During each of those trips, I have lived in the US for not more than 5 months. However, the cumulative months spent in US for all the years would definitely be more than 11-12. Would I still be required to include FBI PCC during my PR application process?

Also, since my entry/exit from US has always been on a B1/B2 visa, I do not have a social security number. The pcc form I downloaded requires this number.

Thanks in advance!
SSN, although there, is not mandatory to fill out. I'm currently working in US on H1B and my wife got H4 visa. I applied for FBI PCC for her in the past got it fine. I believe the FBI PCC request application need you to put SSN only if you want your SSN or last 4 digits of your SSN to show up in your PCC.

I can't comment on whether you'll need the FBI PCC or not but i believe you can try the online PCC process that is recently introduced by FBI for faster processing of these requests. Please follow the link below:

https://www.edo.cjis.gov/#/

Reactions: 8494193

Hello,

I am new to this forum. Wanted to know if I would be required to include the FBI PCC in my PR application.

I have been to the US multiple times in the past, everytime on a visitor (B1/B2) visa. During each of those trips, I have lived in the US for not more than 5 months. However, the cumulative months spent in US for all the years would definitely be more than 11-12. Would I still be required to include FBI PCC during my PR application process?

Also, since my entry/exit from US has always been on a B1/B2 visa, I do not have a social security number. The pcc form I downloaded requires this number.

Thanks in advance!
It will be better if you do have the PCC as you have spent some decent amount of time in the US. PCCs are one of the most often cited rejection reasons in applications.

You do not need an SSN. Use the eDO method to submit the PCC application online: https://www.edo.cjis.gov/

Ankush2810

Jan 31, 2018
SSN, although there, is not mandatory to fill out. I'm currently working in US on H1B and my wife got H4 visa. I applied for FBI PCC for her in the past got it fine. I believe the FBI PCC request application need you to put SSN only if you want your SSN or last 4 digits of your SSN to show up in your PCC.

I can't comment on whether you'll need the FBI PCC or not but i believe you can try the online PCC process that is recently introduced by FBI for faster processing of these requests. Please follow the link below:

https://www.edo.cjis.gov/#/
Check this out too. Looks like you won't need a FBI PCC.

https://www.canadavisa.com/news/ircc-updates-police-certificates-requirement-for-express-entry.html

HIghlights

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has updated its instructions on police certificates for those applying for permanent residence through the federal Express Entry system.

Police certificates are now required from any country, or territory, where an applicant has resided for six consecutive months or longer within the last 10 years or since the age of 18.

This change is effective immediately and applies to permanent residence applications through the Express Entry system received on or after January 1, 2015.

Prior to this update, an applicant was required to submit a police certificate from any country or territory where they had resided for a total of six months. This meant that an applicant who spent two months in a country, left and then returned to that same country a few years later for four months was required to provide a police certificate from that country.

An applicant is now only required to submit a police certificate for a country in which they have resided for six months in a row or longer.

The principal applicant, spouse or common-law partner, and dependent children 18 years or older (including non-accompanying dependents) must provide the required police certificates with their electronic application for permanent residence, or e-APR.

AshishT2403

Mar 8, 2018
Check this out too. Looks like you won't need a FBI PCC.

https://www.canadavisa.com/news/ircc-updates-police-certificates-requirement-for-express-entry.html

HIghlights

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has updated its instructions on police certificates for those applying for permanent residence through the federal Express Entry system.

Police certificates are now required from any country, or territory, where an applicant has resided for six consecutive months or longer within the last 10 years or since the age of 18.

This change is effective immediately and applies to permanent residence applications through the Express Entry system received on or after January 1, 2015.

Prior to this update, an applicant was required to submit a police certificate from any country or territory where they had resided for a total of six months. This meant that an applicant who spent two months in a country, left and then returned to that same country a few years later for four months was required to provide a police certificate from that country.

An applicant is now only required to submit a police certificate for a country in which they have resided for six months in a row or longer.

The principal applicant, spouse or common-law partner, and dependent children 18 years or older (including non-accompanying dependents) must provide the required police certificates with their electronic application for permanent residence, or e-APR.
Thank you Ankush2810 and sid8tive for your response. This will certainly save a lot of time now!

Mar 12, 2018
My report has the same issue with one day off in DOB, I called the support number and they said they are aware of the issue and working on getting it fixed, but no exact date yet but I am expecting they will regenerate the report. I am suspecting it to be a timezone issue with the date entry as I submitted it from India
Hi there,

i received my fbi certificate and uploaded on cic account. Later i realized that my DOB is off by one day as many others. I have already emailed FBI regarding my issue. what do i do for CIC? should i wait for the corrected pcc and upload it via CSE? or wait for the CIC to contact me first regrading this issue. Plz help and advice.
Thanks

Hi there,

i received my fbi certificate and uploaded on cic account. Later i realized that my DOB is off by one day as many others. I have already emailed FBI regarding my issue. what do i do for CIC? should i wait for the corrected pcc and upload it via CSE? or wait for the CIC to contact me first regrading this issue. Plz help and advice.
Thanks
Raise a CSE and supply the correct PCC. PCCs are IRCC's favorite reason for rejection - don't give them a chance :) Good luck!

Reactions: masadaslam0001

leodicaprio

May 4, 2017
I had submitted app to FBI on Dec 7
My CC was charged on 3/17

Please let me know what will be the expected time frame to process it?

Thanks sid8tive.

Do I need to have name written on mailbox?
I am renting the place and it is not registered on my name.

Shall I hold mail using this: https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail/ ?
Has anyone done that, so that I can get it from PO later?

I have waited very long for this.
Can I transfer this to eDO?
1. Too late to transfer to eDO. If card's been charged, its probably getting processed for mail-out.
2. As long as the address is correct, and you have access to the mailbox (or know who does), you're fine. My mailbox has no name either and I received my copies just fine.
3. You don't need to hold mail per #2 above, unless you plan to be out of town and are concerned about the security of the mailbox in question.

psingh0110

Jan 19, 2018
@sid8tive
Hi..
Any updates on your EE.. I have almost similar timeline and haven't had any updates post responding to ADR for FBI PCC on 9th feb..
So was just wondering..
Also, how do you figure the Visa office?
Thanks..

@sid8tive
Hi..
Any updates on your EE.. I have almost similar timeline and haven't had any updates post responding to ADR for FBI PCC on 9th feb..
So was just wondering..
Also, how do you figure the Visa office?
Thanks..
No updates since the upload. I did order notes which have my eligibility as 'recommend pass'. Final approval is pending. Criminality is not started and neither has security. I had emailed CPC Ottawa to ask about my visa office. Now they don't respond to email any more - one has to raise CSE to know the visa office.

Reactions: psingh0110

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
No updates since the upload. I did order notes which have my eligibility as 'recommend pass'. Final approval is pending. Criminality is not started and neither has security. I had emailed CPC Ottawa to ask about my visa office. Now they don't respond to email any more - one has to raise CSE to know the visa office.
Congrats on being recommended! So, do the notes show dates of the proceedings too? If so, I am wondering what has happened since Feb. 9 on your case?

Congrats on being recommended! So, do the notes show dates of the proceedings too? If so, I am wondering what has happened since Feb. 9 on your case?
Thank you!

Yes, dates for all activities are shown in the notes. There is only one thing that happened post the Feb 9 upload: someone just cursorily reviewed the PCC and marked it as "NRT" (No Reportable Trace). But Criminality and Security are both "Not Started".