arsn21

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may be inadmissible

look at the following page for your more option --- every thing is laid out

www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5312E.PDF (Page 4)
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/rehabil.asp

If you are inadmissible you have may file for rehabilitationif you qualify --- The PDF is lays out everything.

Dali said:
received my FBI today but dissapointed because i was involved in domestic violence in 2003 but the case was dismised. What do i do ? any advice?

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just spoke to Amy from FBI customer service dept. She said that our clearence letters should be mailed no later than March 1st 2010 :-*

Nice to have a good news in the morning :D

Once again, my application was recd by FBi on Nov 23rd 2009.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's nice to hear mtlguy. With previous experience, I can tell you that, you will receive your clearance letters anytime on 26th Feb, 27th Feb or 1st Mar :D Trust me, it is never the date that they say they will be mailed out. If she said they "will be" mailed out, that means they were mailed out already.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
That's nice to hear mtlguy. With previous experience, I can tell you that, you will receive your clearance letters anytime on 26th Feb, 27th Feb or 1st Mar :D Trust me, it is never the date that they say they will be mailed out. If she said they "will be" mailed out, that means they were mailed out already.
That would be awsome!!! 8)

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
Guys,

FYI- I mailed my fingerprints on Dec 22nd, FBI received them Dec 24th. Got FBI 'No Arrest Record' letter back on Feb 20 2010.

venkanat

Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 7th 2011
We are also facing the same problem. We sent our application to FBI jan 18th 2010. And they received that as per tracking number on Jan 25th 2010. And last we called the customer care...they said its been 4 weeks only, so wait until next 4 weeks and then call the customer care again.....

But in between suddenly NY consulate was sent letter to me to send this police clearance certificate then they will send medicals..

so just to give one more try....we send one more application to FBI this week in UPS and then marked as urjent....need to see whether we can get this before the first one or not.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
venkanat,

It will probably be at least 8 weeks before your "urgent" request gets into their system. I had sent one urgent request received by FBI on 19th Jan. It is yet to make it's way to their system. Luckily I got back my old request of Nov 2nd by 4th Feb and hence don't care any more. But, just imagine if I hadn't got that request. And looks like your case is going very fast. Is your local visa office New Delhi or Buffalo? Please share your timelines

Alpha Romeo

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/27/2009
AOR Received.
03/03/2009
File Transfer...
10/08/2009
Med's Request
07/13/11
Med's Done....
08/17/11
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
01/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
1/30/12
LANDED..........
03/17/2012
I send my request on Dec. 10 and received at FBI office on Dec.14 as per customer service. Result was mailed on Feb. 16 and I received on Feb. 20. It's like 8 weeks.

venkanat

Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 7th 2011
Hi garian4u

We sent to buffalo and they transferred application to NY now. Before we knew that our applicaton transfered NY we sent FBI request to be safe side. But until now the first request is not having hope. Suddenly, after transfering to NY with in 10 days we recived letter that they are going to send medical forms for me and my wife and they need RPRF fee along with other few extra documents. So we are in hurry that we need to send out everythng in 60 days...looks like i am going to have problem with FBI...that is why we sent out 2nd request to see whether we are lucky enough.

Can

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th feb 2010
Hi All,
I just made correction to my initial application and sent it back to Sydney NS on 18 feb 2010.(they sent it back to me because i forgot to write N/A in one of the field.)
It sure is taking a long time to get the FBI Clearance. My question is, what is the validity of the FBI clearance with regard to time?
What are the risks or possibilities of getting FBI clearance even before it is asked by the CIC Canada?. (Ofcourse other than waste of money if initial application is denied and expiration of FBI clearance.)
Thanks to all for posting their experiences.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
venkanat said:
Hi garian4u

We sent to buffalo and they transferred application to NY now. Before we knew that our applicaton transfered NY we sent FBI request to be safe side. But until now the first request is not having hope. Suddenly, after transfering to NY with in 10 days we recived letter that they are going to send medical forms for me and my wife and they need RPRF fee along with other few extra documents. So we are in hurry that we need to send out everythng in 60 days...looks like i am going to have problem with FBI...that is why we sent out 2nd request to see whether we are lucky enough.
Thanks Venkanat. When was your application received by Buffalo and when did they issue you an AOR?

venkanat

Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 7th 2011
Sydney recieved application on March 5th 2009 and by March 17th 2009 they accepted and transfered to Buffalo. From there onwards almost 10 months buffalo kept the application and then buffalo consulate transfered my application to NY on Jan 27th 2010. And Feb 4th 2010, they reviewed the application and started processing on the same date. And then Feb 9th 2010, they asked for additional docs along with PCC, RPRF and stated that, they are going to send medicals, if i submit those

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Venkanat,

Thanks a lot for all this info. This really helps me calculate my timelines. About FBi, it is really a helpless situation. I only know 2 things to avoid - paying by credit card and no putting in an "expedite" request. I committed both those mistakes and it took a total of 13.5 weeks for me. I had also as a backup (just like you) had made a second request with "expedite" and "payment by cashier's cheque". This request was received by CJIS on 19th Jan and it is yet to be entered into their system. Your only hope is calling up FBI CJIS every other day and find out as much as you can though what you will mostly get is standard replies. All the best.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, there is someone in the forum who keeps giving me a -ve rating always. If I have posted anything inappropriate, please let me know or contest my statements. I will at least like to know who is giving me negative ratings and why.

venkanat

Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 7th 2011
Thank you garian4u. Ya...otherthan hope we dont have anything to do with FBI we tried all the ways in vain as like others....

And for the information who are in Canada and who applied to buffalo...one of the canadian lawyer told me that buffalo will take 12 to 14 months of timeline for FSW. I hope people knew this already...if anybody dont know...this is the information for them. In my case also they are trying to reach the same target as i have seen they have given dead line to me in the letter from NY