+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Clearance in US

Dreamerchasingreality

Aug 19, 2010
navali said:
no need to worry. I was under the same situation. So I just chose "First Class Mail" and it works fine. As there is no other option. I verified from FBI as well. They have sent my letter by using First Class mail yesterday.
GR8 !! glad u received ur letter ...sry for my ignorance but do we have to pay for anything for d first class mail ??? coz as per d local Indian post office officials they dont have anything like it ...which mailing service did u use ?? and if u dont mind wud u share d time span frm d application for d FBI PCC to d receipt of d letter ...

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No u dont have to pay any thing...just click on First Class Mail on the Form...and FBI will send u the letter by using First Class Mail...

Please note that First Class Mail is a US POstal Service (not indian). So once they complete the process, they will send u letter by using simple mail...

However, I wrote on the application that they can charge my CC if they want for any Mail Service and provided my CC.

Yesterday the posted the letter by regular mail and didnt charge anything extra for mailing this.

Total Processing time it took is about 02 months for processing and now i am waiting the postal delivery.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Retrograde said:
Hey all, i need some help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am temporary resident in New York, USA. I arrived here on Nov 27, 2009 and will return to my home country (Pakistan) on Nov 23, 2010. Since I need the FBI clearance for the Canadiam Immigration, I am thinking of applying for the NY State police clearance as well in case they ask for it.

When should I apply?, on the last date of my stay in New York (i.e Nov 23, 2010) or I should apply after going back to Pakistan so that all the time period is covered in the certificate????????
The PCC is valid as long as the visa office receives it within 3 months of the PCC being issued. It also expires after 1 year of being issued. Therefore, the later you get it, the less likely you will need to get another one. However, if you order it now, you will likely still get it while in the US so mail will be easier. Ultimately, timing depends on the specifics of your situation.

Retrograde

Aug 15, 2010
OhCanadiana said:
The PCC is valid as long as the visa office receives it within 3 months of the PCC being issued. It also expires after 1 year of being issued. Therefore, the later you get it, the less likely you will need to get another one. However, if you order it now, you will likely still get it while in the US so mail will be easier. Ultimately, timing depends on the specifics of your situation.
thanks, so this means i should send the application while i am about the leave US.

BlueRobin

Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-06-2010
Med's Request
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
20-10-2010
Passport Req..
11-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2011
To those whose FBI fingerprints have been rejected. Please read this thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fbi-couldnt-read-my-printsnext-steps-t51591.0.html

rslcanada

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd) Ecas In Process 28-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-04-2010
Med's Request
04-10-2010 received in mail
Med's Done....
09-10(Oct)-2010 @ CT,USA
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 30'11; PP sent June 9/ rcvd by CIC June 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 20 & DM/received PP June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
August 7, 2011 via Winnipeg, MB stayed for 2wks & be back on July 2012
Retrograde said:
thanks, so this means i should send the application while i am about the leave US.

yes...send it right away...much better if you are still here in US. it will takes 9-12wks.

piyush1985

Sep 16, 2010
Can someone tell me what kind of document i need to send to FBI to get PCC ?

i saw it on FBI website:

1. Application form
2. Credit card form
3.standard fingerprint form (FD-258) ??? am confused abt this form do i need to get fingerprints card and attached to this form or what ?

thanks,
piyush

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right you need application form, CC form and FD258.
FD258 ca be printed on normal A4 size paper and you can take FP on the paper.
There are some places (like approved agencies) which have cards and if you get FP done from them they will do it on card

Paper for FD258 is acceptable and I sent my FP on papper and got the report in April

sbo

Mar 2, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent Application on May 7,2013
IELTS Request
sent with initial application
In my intital application to the FBI, I requested them to inform me once the check has been completed, so I can have FedEx/DHL pick up the package from the FBI office and deliver it to me here in Kuwait and I will make the payment on delivery. But I haven't received an email from them yet saying that my documents are ready. But once I get an email from them, can I ask them to post it via Regular Mail? First Class Mail?? Can I change my method of mailing over an email?? Has anyone done this before?? Because when I had sent the request in August, CIO required the FBI report to be mailed with the Initial application and I didn't want the process to get delayed, so I requested my package to be courier'd to me. But, now that we don't have to send it with the initial application, I don't want to pay extra courier charges for it to be rushed to me.
Any feedback?

hamadahamada

Nov 30, 2010
Doddy said:
thnx Kumar0919 for the information ... but i asked in FedEx, UPS and DHL but the prepaid service in Egypt. i found another soultion which will be sending the result to a friend of mine inside USA and he will send it to me by courrier.

Pls can you explain in details what you did to have the USA police certificate, I live in Egypt, Alexandria and not sure of the right way to do it and whom will take my fingerprints

pr_moon_moon

Star Member
Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Recvd by CIO on 6th Jul'11
AOR Received.
1st AOR (PER) recd on 21st Sep'11
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
2nd AOR (from VO) recd on 6th Jan'12
I am in the process of applying for PCC in US. My wife is coapplicant for canada immigration under FSW, who is staying in US with me. But she dont has SSN
My understanding is that I need to submit 2 sets of each of these (1.application form 2. BD-258 FP form 3. $18 MO) and can send it in pack to FBI.

What should I fill in SSN field in application form for my wife as she dont has SSN? Can I include ITIN (individual tax id), Driving license and PP copies as evidence as dont has SSN? Will this (not having SSN) cause any longer delay in sending PCC to us?

NKKD Hortons

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011, CC charged: 26-09-2011
AOR Received.
PER on 24-10-2011
pr_moon_moon said:
I am in the process of applying for PCC in US. My wife is coapplicant for canada immigration under FSW, who is staying in US with me. But she dont has SSN
My understanding is that I need to submit 2 sets of each of these (1.application form 2. BD-258 FP form 3. $18 MO) and can send it in pack to FBI.

What should I fill in SSN field in application form for my wife as she dont has SSN? Can I include ITIN (individual tax id), Driving license and PP copies as evidence as dont has SSN? Will this (not having SSN) cause any longer delay in sending PCC to us?
Hi pr_moon_moon,

We had the same question when we applied and I called the FBI helpline. They told that I should leave the box blank if I/spouse do not have a SSN. Hope that helps.