+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Clearance in US

M

markybonus

Hi guys! I just wanted to share my experience with this.

I sent my fingerprints with the cover letter and other identification documents to West Virginia on December 8, 2009. They received it on December 11th. I just got my document today, February 27, 2010. That's a total of 11 weeks for me.

Regarding the SSN issue, I also do not have an SSN. I'm currently staying in the US as a foreign student (in California now), but I've visited the US a few times in the past, staying around 6 months during those trips. It may be possible that having an SSN makes the process faster, based on what I heard (I'm not sure about this though). What I did was I just submitted documents such as photocopies of my US driver license and my passport with personal information and all the entry and exit stamps, as well as an explanation of when I was here and how long I stayed.

They did tell me that they're dealing with a lot of requests, that's why it takes so long. Anyway, just keep praying, and have a lot of patience and faith! It'll all work out as it should.

God bless you guys! See you in Canada! ;)

kathmandu1

Jan 15, 2010
Hi,
I would like to share my experience in procuring FBI clearance. I sent my request on 24th dec 2009 thru USPS priority mail. up until feb 20 they told me that it had not been logged in. but five days later they said it was received on jan 6 and now logged in and in process. they charged my credit card on feb 26. i don't know how long it gonna take to dispatch the same. I have deadline of 31 march. i am worried about whether i could make it or not. if anyone has idea on it, i would appreciate if shared in this forum.

bkk

Jan 20, 2010
Hey Kathmandu1, you can send your application without FBI letter including the situation you hav come across. I did same, my medicals and RPRF had already been sent and i am only waiting for FBI letter. So, no worries......but let cic know the real situation. They consider....there is no doubt as i know them from my experience

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kathmandu1 said:
Hi,
I would like to share my experience in procuring FBI clearance. I sent my request on 24th dec 2009 thru USPS priority mail. up until feb 20 they told me that it had not been logged in. but five days later they said it was received on jan 6 and now logged in and in process. they charged my credit card on feb 26. i don't know how long it gonna take to dispatch the same. I have deadline of 31 march. i am worried about whether i could make it or not. if anyone has idea on it, i would appreciate if shared in this forum.
In the recent past, once the application fee has been accepted, the FBI letter has been processed within a couple of weeks. I am positive you will receive it before March 31st.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If that is of any help, here are the timelines that happened for me - 21st Jan: Credit Card Charged; 25th Jan - Results generated; 28th Jan - Letter generated; 1st Feb: Envelope post-marked; 4th Feb: I received my results. FYI, I am in the US West Coast, FBI is on East Coast

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Time line and information for those overseas requesting FBI report:

I am residing in Shanghai, China and i have studied and worked in the US more than 10 yrs ago and have lost my SSN but FBI still managed to get my FBI report as requested.

Time line:

Request sent: Dec 2009
Credit card debited: 3 Feb 2010
FBI report sent out to applicant: 18 Feb 2010
FBI report received by applicant: 2 March 2010

So it actually takes some time for the FBI on the US side to process. So for those awaiting, just be patient.

FYI: I did not send by express mail, but through regular mail and FBI sent back by regular mail as well.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtlguy, Looking at abelkwh's timelines, you should have got your results by now. Start pegging the FBI CSAs again to see what's going on.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
mtlguy, Looking at abelkwh's timelines, you should have got your results by now. Start pegging the FBI CSAs again to see what's going on.
If i don't receive it today, one of the CSA's is going to start his/her day with my phone call.

room3

Feb 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELLO SENIORS,

I JUST RECEIVED CONFIRMATION FROM THE CANADA REGARDING MY INITIAL EVALUATION AND NOW I AM AT THE POINT WHERE I NEED TO SUBMIT DOCUMENTS TO BUFFALO.

THIS IS MY INFO

VISA OFFICE : BUFFALO
DOC SENT TO CANADA: 8TH JAN 2010
RESPONSE: 1ST MAR 2010

IS IT NECESSARY THAT I HAVE TO SUBMIT FBI CLEARANCE AT THIS POINT? I AM KIND OF CONFUSED WHAT TO DO NEXT... IS IT OK IF I SEND MY ALL OTHER DOCUMENTS EXCEPT FBI CERTIFICATE NOW AND SUBMIT MY FBI LATER ON?

AND SHOULD I HAVE TO SEND THEM ANY PROOF THAT I HAVE APPLIED FOR EBI CLEARANCE.

PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTION ON IT.

THANX IN ADVANCE

kathmandu1

Jan 15, 2010
Thank you everybody,
my stress got released to some extent. now i have one month to reach FBI letter at CHC New Delhi. Please keep on writing as you come across new ideas. Thanks again.

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
A quick question on this topic.

My deadline is June 02 2010 and I have sent my applicatipon to FBI on February 8th and when I contacted them they said it will take minimum 13 weeks to respond so that means it will take easily 15 - 17 weeks to get the certificate in hand and that means the dealine will be reached. so in this case can I submit rest of my application now itself to CHC and mention that I shall submit the FBI Certificate once received or should I wait close to the deadline and still if I have not received then send the rest of the documents.

Some please suggest.

Regards,
Laxmikanth

kathmandu1

Jan 15, 2010
hi laxmikanthms
i would advise you to wait closer to deadline but not too close that may put in risk. it would be better and the process becomes faster if u enclose fbi letter. but don't worry they consider it even without it and ask you to submit fbi letter later. it is matter of time not the major issue. i got extension to submit such letter twice from CHC New Delhi but still waiting for the same from FBI.

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
Thank You very much Kathmandu..I also felt the same and did advice the same to others in another forum. But I thought I would get concurrence from others too.

Thanks.

Regards,
Laxmikanth

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
room3 said:
HELLO SENIORS,

I JUST RECEIVED CONFIRMATION FROM THE CANADA REGARDING MY INITIAL EVALUATION AND NOW I AM AT THE POINT WHERE I NEED TO SUBMIT DOCUMENTS TO BUFFALO.

THIS IS MY INFO

VISA OFFICE : BUFFALO
DOC SENT TO CANADA: 8TH JAN 2010
RESPONSE: 1ST MAR 2010

IS IT NECESSARY THAT I HAVE TO SUBMIT FBI CLEARANCE AT THIS POINT? I AM KIND OF CONFUSED WHAT TO DO NEXT... IS IT OK IF I SEND MY ALL OTHER DOCUMENTS EXCEPT FBI CERTIFICATE NOW AND SUBMIT MY FBI LATER ON?

AND SHOULD I HAVE TO SEND THEM ANY PROOF THAT I HAVE APPLIED FOR EBI CLEARANCE.

PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTION ON IT.

THANX IN ADVANCE

I would advise that u request for FBI report once u get the confirmation that u in the 2nd stage or after u have gotten yr AOR, cause FBI request requires time to process from FBI. So go ahead and request for Police report from the respective countries as long as the police does not require a letter from the canadian visa office. If they do request a letter, then u need to wait for the Visa office that is processing yr application to send u the request letters for u to send to the respective police for the letter of no criminal records.

I

isysy

from the Philippines we called the FBI using magicjack

- they allow us to authorize my sister (my wife's sister-in-law) to receive the results
- they will mail the results to her, just indicate it in a authorization letter.
- my sister is in Maryland. 4 hours drive from West Virginia.
- I asked her to add up a money order
- Even asked her to FedEx to FBI so they can "sign" once received. We'll present it to the Canadian Visa office if we fell short of the 60-days deadline.
- once FBI will send the results to my sis, she'll also FedEx/DHL it back to us...

Were' trying to cut time by:
- not using a credit card
- channeling it to someone in the US
- use a US-based money order
- asking FBI to send it to someone in the US, so they can send it back to us.

The docs is still in Transit via FedEx to my sister, I'll start counting the days once she sends it through another FedEx to West Virginia. I'll update this thread regularly.