Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good steps! -- good luck

isysy said:
from the Philippines we called the FBI using magicjack

- they allow us to authorize my sister (my wife's sister-in-law) to receive the results
- they will mail the results to her, just indicate it in a authorization letter.
- my sister is in Maryland. 4 hours drive from West Virginia.
- I asked her to add up a money order
- Even asked her to FedEx to FBI so they can "sign" once received. We'll present it to the Canadian Visa office if we fell short of the 60-days deadline.
- once FBI will send the results to my sis, she'll also FedEx/DHL it back to us...

Were' trying to cut time by:
- not using a credit card
- channeling it to someone in the US
- use a US-based money order
- asking FBI to send it to someone in the US, so they can send it back to us.

The docs is still in Transit via FedEx to my sister, I'll start counting the days once she sends it through another FedEx to West Virginia. I'll update this thread regularly.

arsn21

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtlguy, I read on this blog from few folks that they received their cert. about 3-4 weeks after their cc or money order was cashed. so dont hold your breath!

mtlguy said:
still waiting :(

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtlguy said:
still waiting :(
Just got home from work...opened the door...delighted to see mail from FBI....opened it...just has my wife's PCC.

Are they sending PCC's separately even if they have to mail it to the same address?

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
mtlguy said:
Just got home from work...opened the door...delighted to see mail from FBI....opened it...just has my wife's PCC.

Are they sending PCC's separately even if they have to mail it to the same address?
Yes, 'No Arrest Records" will be sent independently. Yours might be arriving in a day or two.

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
My update -

Got my husbands PCC today ...
Sent 28 Dec 2009
FBI sent - 1 st March 2010
Received - 6th March 2010

Mine
Sent 12 Dec 2009
Got request to re-send fingerprints 27 Jan 2010 . Sent fingerprinths on 12 Feb 2010.
Still waiting.....

They did processed my Fee as they said in the letter.

I have a question .. I just moved to a new house ... so how do i change the address with FBI..... I did that mail forwarding thing... but i dont think that will help since we had to get my husbands FBI report from post office itself they didnt forwared that because they treated it as a special documnet.

Please let me know.
Thanks

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
Simon123 said:
My update -

Sent 28 Dec 2009

Mine
Sent 12 Dec 2009
Got request to re-send fingerprints 27 Jan 2010 . Sent fingerprinths on 12 Feb 2010.
Still waiting.....

I have a question .. I just moved to a new house ... so how do i change the address with FBI..... I did that mail forwarding thing... but i dont think that will help since we had to get my husbands FBI report from post office itself they didnt forwared that because they treated it as a special documnet.

Please let me know.
Thanks

Do you have a Social Simon? If not it will take longer, upto 13 weeks. Was the same case with my wife. She did not have a SSN and it took 13 weeks for her FBI letter, while mine arrived in 10 weeks.

You may have to pick it up from the post office if they do not forward sensitive mail.

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
Thanks .. i have SSN but my husband does not have .. so i guess i should expect it earlier ... they also did proccessed the fee so i think not much work left for them.

let see hope

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mpapdp.1984 said:
Yes, 'No Arrest Records" will be sent independently. Yours might be arriving in a day or two.
Well, I do not completely agree as mine and my wife's FBI PCC came together just last month. I think it is completely at their discretion, how they want to send it - independently or together.

A

anushauc

Simon123 said:
My update -

Sent 28 Dec 2009

Mine
Sent 12 Dec 2009
Still waiting.....

Please let me know.
Thanks
Simon,

You could do 2 more things to change ure address with FBI ..
1. Call customer service and tell them u have moved. They will update ure new address on their system
2. Send an email to Liaison@leo.gov abt the address change.
The address change taking effect in their records will depend on which stage of processing ure request is in . So chk that with customer service first.

Also , my husband and I got our FBI reports in 2 different envelopes but they came the same day and were processed together( same timelines)

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey anushauc,

Nice to see your reply and updates. Your application seems to be advancing at a good pace as it has reached "In process" state. Mine is still a month away from becoming "Received by visa office". Anyway, good luck on your case and do keep posting your updates.

A

anushauc

Hey Garian4u ,

good to hear from u .. Looks like Delhi is processing applications fast . But I haven't got my 2nd AOR yet :(
Hoping for the best .. All the best , n keep in touch ..

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anushauc said:
Hey Garian4u ,

good to hear from u .. Looks like Delhi is processing applications fast . But I haven't got my 2nd AOR yet :(
Hoping for the best .. All the best , n keep in touch ..
anushauc, you might have missed it. Because, the case has already changed to "In Process". You normally get your AOR between "Received by Visa office" and that. I believe you can contact ND visa office and ask about your File No.